Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

Halo 4... Halo Series ever coming back to PC?

Just finished watching this pretty epic montage of Halo 4.....
    So I ask this question... Do you think the Halo series will ever come back to PC? :(

that's a Nev and an Er. Micro$hit ain't letting their consolebox title sell outside of it as if they're trying to keep it afloat.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    that's a Nev and an Er. Micro$hit ain't letting their consolebox title sell outside of it as if they're trying to keep it afloat.

Only if they knew how much $ they could make from PC gamers from the Halo series :( They are slacking!

It wouldn't be enough for them. You0ve got to think that every game on the xbox gives them a benefit, not to talk about the other services you can contract. Most games on PC don't give them a benefit, so it's better for them to encourage the use of the xbox.
    Also, I can't wait for diesel to post here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Nope, it'll never come back to PC, at least not in an ongoing series form and if it does ever get there it'll be in some bundle.

MS needs Halo as a console exclusive. Having it only on console encourages the following from consumers
    -Buying an Xbox, because you wan't to to play the game, you have to have the hardware.
    -Buying XBL gold membership, because you'll want to check out the online multiplayer.
    -Promoting sales of your other services through Xbox because every time you load that up you're going to see ads for everything from Netflix to avatar costumes.
    -Being able to heavily promote that this is the only place you can play this game.

Banned
    PC Gamers don't want Halo (except this one, but I'm a glorious master gamer)

They just want to be able to WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how average it is having never played it for more than five minutes at a friends house.

But hey, Kudos to Microsoft, I keep paying for their adverts service and replacing the POS hardware when it fails. But thats more on good will based on what they did with the original Xbox, than how they've treated the core audience this generation.

Banned
    I don't hate on Halo, but honestly, the first one was the best and it's readily available on the PC. Halo 2 was alltogether bad, and later titles seem to have moved too far away from the unique half-arcade half-popamole gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Micro$hit
    I think you missed several $ there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The way I see it, when a console company releases a game on PC, they get a lot more money tapping into a new demographic and everyone wins. The way they see it, 98% of PC users are pirates and releasing a game on that platform will not only bring in no profit from PC users, but dip into their Xbox 360 profits too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    PC Gamers don't want Halo (except this one, but I'm a glorious master gamer)

They just want to be able to WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how average it is having never played it for more than five minutes at a friends house.
    My little brother is a huge fan of the Halo series and insists I play co-op with him. When I say the series is shit (except for the first one which was pretty good), I do so from a comfortable position of experience. I'm certainly not going to trust a 14 year old's insistence that the story and characters are 'hellacool' over my own instincts.

Man, all this talk reminds me of when Halo was originally announced. Anyone remember that? A PC-only openworld FPS Sci-Fi epic based loosely on Ringworld. I was pretty stoked for it back then. I'm also reasonably unfussed whether it comes to the PC - I've played most of them on the X-Box and they leave me cold. Someone needs to go back and look at why Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were such epic games.

If they did it would probably be a Windows 8 exclusive which wouldn't fly 'round these parts.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
    Just finished watching this pretty epic montage of Halo 4.....
    So I ask this question... Do you think the Halo series will ever come back to PC? :(
    I think we are better off with one less linear manshoot.

Edit: From the spoilers flying around the internet,Halo 4's plot is shit anyway.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I would love to see Halo back on the PC (I think it's pretty neat, at least it's better then most other shooters) but as MS does need every edge they need in competition to Sony and have pretty much abandoned the PC as a gaming plattform in the recent past I doubt this will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    I WAH WAH WAH and QQ about how bland it is after playing it on my XBox (which sits comfortably next to my Playstation). Yes, it's better co-op, but co-op everything is better, even Resident Evil 5. I honestly don't get the appeal of Halo. The promotion material always looks so awesome, but when I play the game it feels just torn by trying to be a gripping war hero story about the saviour of humanity, while you teabag whacky aliens. And I don't care that much for competitive multiplayer shooters on anything without a mouse (i.e. consoles).
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa
    Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Join our racing games subforum! Going wide and braking late since 1886!

Banned
    better question:

Why PC need Halo when we have Much better FPS games avaliable? i could careless. keep that shit away from PC...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    better question:

Why PC need Halo when we have Much better FPS games avaliable? i could careless. keep that shit away from PC...

"I don't like it and it wont affect me if it's on the same platform I play on, but I don't want other people to be able to enjoy it"

Halo doesn't need to be on PC, but I'm sure a lot of people would love it to be. I'd love it if the Gears of War series was on pc, it'd mean I could get rid of my 360 which sits around not being used unless I'm playing a gears game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I love halo but don't own a xbox yet so yeah , it would be great to have in on PC.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Correct me but Bungie left Microsoft right,and is not working on this game ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Correct me but Bungie left Microsoft right,and is not working on this game ?
    Yup, they have have multi-game contract with Activision now.

I would like for the new Halo to come on the PC; saves me the trouble for buying it for my 360 and actually using it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Yeah it would be good, Reach and 4 would look pretty great on PC.