Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gears, halo, uncharted, killzone are all mediocre franchises praise by corrupt mainstream media

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Did you just badmouth Uncharted? Them be fighting words :p

.... as nice as the artstyle and animations etc are in uncharted , the gameplay is shit.
    You chesthigh wall shoot endless endless endless waves of baddies (with a shitty gamepad to boot) with some shallow autoplatforming inbetween.

I liked uc1 for being an interactive indiana jones movie basically with an entertaining cast (a little bit too much shooting), but the second game... ughhhhhhh I couldn't take the endless repetetive shooting anymore by the monk temple near the end into that over the top retarded vehicle scene.
    The idea of a dumbed down way easier more cinematic tomb raider with better production values wasn't bad, but it really doesn't lend itself to doing it more than once EVER. The gameplay is just not interesting and the game has you shoot down 10.000 people so there is a lot of it.

Also this is a pc forum...
    I hear natural selection 2 is pretty cool!

Banned
    I just wanna know what all these legendary games are people keep referring to.

I'm in a fortunate position to be able to pick and choosy over what games I play and what platforms I play them on, I get the best of all worlds.

As for Crysis... the powers, or indeed the functionality of the suit is a mess.

Edit: But it was better in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post
    Gears, halo, uncharted, killzone are all mediocre franchises praise by corrupt mainstream media
    Corrupt mainstream media = they like games I don't like and they make money while liking games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    As for Crysis... the powers, or indeed the functionality of the suit is a mess.
    even if they were a "mess" (i.e not dumbed down like in the sequel), the PC version wins by default because there are about 20 mods I know of that meet your definition of "streamlined". Mods make any PC game the winner :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    .... as nice as the artstyle and animations etc are in uncharted , the gameplay is shit.
    You chesthigh wall shoot endless endless endless waves of baddies (with a shitty gamepad to boot) with some shallow autoplatforming inbetween.

I liked uc1 for being an interactive indiana jones movie basically with an entertaining cast (a little bit too much shooting), but the second game... ughhhhhhh I couldn't take the endless repetetive shooting anymore by the monk temple near the end into that over the top retarded vehicle scene.
    The idea of a dumbed down way easier more cinematic tomb raider with better production values wasn't bad, but it really doesn't lend itself to doing it more than once EVER. The gameplay is just not interesting and the game has you shoot down 10.000 people so there is a lot of it.

Also this is a pc forum...
    I hear natural selection 2 is pretty cool!
    Deus Ex: You shoot endless endless waves of baddies (with awkward keyboard controlled powers to boot) with some shallow talking inbetween (the dialogue system WAS pretty weak).

But the thing is: It does an amazing job with that. Deus Ex tells a wonderful story that makes you forget about the controls being awkward, even for when it was released. And the bulletsponge enemies you face later on (if you actually fight :p)

Uncharted isn't perfect, but it accomplishes what it set out to do: Being an insanely fun interactive movie. Then it does it two more times to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    even if they were a "mess" (i.e not dumbed down like in the sequel), the PC version wins by default because there are about 20 mods I know of that meet your definition of "streamlined". Mods make any PC game the winner :)
    Kind of controversial to say (so if anyone wants to whinge that I am trying to be controversial, feel free), but I would argue that mods actually ruined UT3 (and 2k3, to a good degree). Or, more specifically, the expectation of mods.

The original UT is wonderful and might be the best arena FPS ever. And it had a metric crapton of mods
    2k3 and UT3 both felt very half-assed and were launched alongside modding contests (make something unreal). Essentially, Epic was counting on mods to make the game playable and were just making an engine (which sold like hotcakes). Unfortunately: If a game is crap, people don't want it. And if people don't want it, mods don't get made.

I am sure someone can think of a few more examples where the expectation of modders fixing a game actually hurt it. But I think it is always important to consider context: Mods can make a good game better, but they can't make a crap game good.
    Last edited by gundato; 24-10-2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    Fail.

30fps. please :)
    Since this is now the official gametrailers/ign quality thread on rps:

No need to even go there:p crysis 1 on consoles runs at 10-25 fps much of the time ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwD2ty2UfBM ) .... and the settings are a mix between low and medium (the LOD is scaled WAY back) and they had to cut the VTOL levels.
    The high quality object motion blur got replaced by the same shitty low quality default blur from crysis 2.

It's a trollpost/sarcastic post:p just look at the tone, he is pulling your leg:p the state of the art tv part is a dead giveaway.

@ gundato: dissing deux ex's gameplay (which is varied and elaborate)....
    If I didn't know that account is a forum personality made for trolling and taking the piss out of everything I'd get mad.
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-10-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Corrupt mainstream media = they like games I don't like and they make money while liking games?
    it means games are nothing special and praise like best thing since slice bread. its all money talks

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel- View Post

Killzone 2 is a anti-war game. It made me feel like I'm in a miserable place where I didn't want to be, just like war I presume?
    currently playing: XCOM: Enemy Within

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I actually saw a few similarities between Halo and Crysis when I came to playing the latter. The overall feel felt not worlds apart, especially in the latter half of the game.

Anyhow, I really enjoy the Halo series. The campaign has had its ups and downs; 1 was great, probably remaining the best, whilst 2 and the first half of 3 never really did much for me. Of course, when you get to The Ark in 3, it really turned it up and notch and was damn good. I felt Reach, as an entire package, was excellent, with a highly enjoyable campaign, great multiplayer, fantastic horde mode in Firefight and Forge providing a ton of possibilities. I've kept saying to people that I would love for Reach to come onto the PC.

With Halo 4, I feel like I've definitely been sucked into the hype once more, but I felt it pay off with 3 and Reach and I'm now trying to decide if the campaign alone is worth it for a rental, or if I should just dismiss the new trilogy as something I'll never play and the Chief's story ends where it does at the end of 3. I don't know.

I think Halo gets a lot of stick all over the place, but it's sort of understandable that it got so massive it was never going to cater perfectly to all the people it had enticed. For me, it offers a usually pretty damn good campaign in an interesting sci-fi universe, with vibrant scenarios and good dialogue and characters (or at least good enough). The gameplay is fairly varied and is pitted well against some, generally speaking, very good AI. Halo is rarely "shoot all the bad dudes as they pop up" and more "Who do I need to take down first? Who is a better target? If I kill him, I'll have his weapon but then I'll still have these numbers against me." Then we have the multiplayer which as a slightly less frenetic arena shooter struck a chord with me.

I don't think Halo is as good as the people who absolutely love it to no end believe it is, but I certainly really, really enjoy it. It's a damn shame it hasn't come to the PC past 2, and even with that the knowledge that if it was it'd be saddled with GFWL. Still, whenever I hear Halo being talked about for prolonged periods of time, I find myself fighting the urge to re-install 1.