Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Except your ability to be wrong about everything you say in this thread, apparently.
    I like your wisdom and ability to bring concrete proof on the table.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Makariel View Post
    Killzone 2 is a anti-war game. It made me feel like I'm in a miserable place where I didn't want to be, just like war I presume?
    To me it just felt like a VERY laggy (input lag) shooter with nice animations and a lot of explosions.
    Better than all the caw a doodys and gears of wars, but the input lag made it worthless to play (even more worthless than a shooter on a controller already is going to be).
    The game has over 150 ms input lag from the engine alone, which is a record for shittyness.
    By comparison: burnout paradise has 67ms of input lag, most 30 fps games have 100-115 ms, the killzone 2 guys managed to fuck up to the point of 150 ms, thats 1 and a half tenths of a second before your display lag even comes into play..
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post

I think Halo gets a lot of stick all over the place, but it's sort of understandable that it got so massive it was never going to cater perfectly to all the people it had enticed. For me, it offers a usually pretty damn good campaign in an interesting sci-fi universe, with vibrant scenarios and good dialogue and characters (or at least good enough). The gameplay is fairly varied and is pitted well against some, generally speaking, very good AI. Halo is rarely "shoot all the bad dudes as they pop up" and more "Who do I need to take down first? Who is a better target? If I kill him, I'll have his weapon but then I'll still have these numbers against me." Then we have the multiplayer which as a slightly less frenetic arena shooter struck a chord with me.

I don't think Halo is as good as the people who absolutely love it to no end believe it is, but I certainly really, really enjoy it. It's a damn shame it hasn't come to the PC past 2, and even with that the knowledge that if it was it'd be saddled with GFWL. Still, whenever I hear Halo being talked about for prolonged periods of time, I find myself fighting the urge to re-install 1.
    For a console shooter halo is definitely the only decent one...
    Projectile weapons, not just overly scripted corridors but some open spaces to run around in, proper physics for vehicles, some vertical gameplay...
    The point was that it's still a poor man's tribes and a waste of time if you have a PC.

Basically the reaction you often get is: if you think this is that amazing then jesus christ broaden your horizons, you've been staring at shadows on your console cave wall for too long....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    TV features upscaling and sharpening (it looks like your using an FXAA injector like on Skyrim for example plus no jaggies) along with Motion Flow which generates frames between frames to give the appearance of... more frames.

Means every game appears silky smooth (about 120 fps) even if the ancient console boxes aren't capable of running it so.

Doom 3 BFG edition (PC) looks great on it (I turn of those extra features, my PC can beast it)

Also the suit powers were streamlined, not dumbed down. It made the Crysis games a whole lot better in some respects.

Ahhh to be a glorious master gamer that enjoys games for what they are, no matter the platform! A gamer capable of having fun.
    Did you read that stuff on the stickers of your TV?
    120 hz motionflow = frame interpolation = degraded image quality, artifacts, blur and most importantly OODLES OF INPUT LAG.
    Even console fanboys will tell you to turn that shit off because the input lag it causes is awful.

The same goes for sharpening (extra input lag),dynamic contrast (crushed blacks) and DNR (image degradation and input lag)

It's tiring to reason with people who take their wisdoms off product pamflets and know absolutely NOTHING about what they speak of.

edit: I'm awaiting the part where you tell me 'my tv has no iput lag LOL it has 5 ms response time' or some other sad misconception.
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    For a console shooter halo is definitely the only decent one...
    Projectile weapons, not just overly scripted corridors but some open spaces to run around in, proper physics for vehicles, some vertical gameplay...
    The point was that it's still a poor man's tribes and a waste of time if you have a PC.

Basically the reaction you often get is: if you think this is that amazing then jesus christ broaden your horizons, you've been staring at shadows on your console cave wall for too long....

Did you read that stuff on the stickers of your TV?
    120 hz motionflow = frame interpolation = degraded image quality, artifacts, blur and most importantly OODLES OF INPUT LAG.
    Even console fanboys will tell you to turn that shit off because the input lag it causes is awful.

The same goes for sharpening (extra input lag),dynamic contrast (crushed blacks) and DNR (image degradation and input lag)

It's tiring to reason with people who take their wisdoms off product pamflets and know absolutely NOTHING about what they speak of.

edit: I'm awaiting the part where you tell me 'my tv has no iput lag LOL it has 5 ms response time' or some other sad misconception.
    Yeah I'm aware of such things as Input lag. Like I said I game on all platforms. I'm not some herp derp console fanboy, nor am I some retarded PC elitist making up for my social short comings.

And this was meant to be a conversation about games but the trolls have done a good job of derailing the conversation, and still haven't managed to list all their amazing PC exclusive fps games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    I agree. Our favorite used to be Halo 2's deathmatch, playing on Lockout, no shields, no radar, and weapons consisting only of shotguns, grenades and swords. What I'd give to be half a decade younger again...
    That was exactly how I liked to play too, except I have no idea what the maps are called. Swords N Shotguns was always on the one with the conveyor belts with bombs on them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Colossus :p

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Yeah I'm aware of such things as Input lag. Like I said I game on all platforms. I'm not some herp derp console fanboy, nor am I some retarded PC elitist making up for my social short comings.

And this was meant to be a conversation about games but the trolls have done a good job of derailing the conversation, and still haven't managed to list all their amazing PC exclusive fps games.
    Oh you were actually serious:D
    Tribes ascend, planetside 2, natural selection 2 , hawken (fps with mech player skins and jetpacks), quake live and everything you already named and dismissed...
    These 4 alone (especially NS2) will provide years and years of entertainment that you can't get on the controller boxes.

I think I've already established I'm not some fanboy, I have both 'hd' consoles and a bunch of games on them. My standards are higher that's the difference.
    I'm dissapointed with my ps3 and xbox because I paid good money for them and was expecting more console games (ssx, rollcage, platformers, split screen supporting racing games, action games) and instead it's mostly and endless stream of shitty 'cinematic' QTE games and shooters.
    I didn't derail the thread btw, the op asked if people want halo for the pc again, and I explained why I don't.

You clearly aren't aware of 'such things as input lag' , since you suggest people play with motionflow on (what a stupid stupid idea).

P.S : the real gamer's response would be : there is something better? tell me more!
    That was my reaction when I played quake, ut, rollercoaster tycoon , dungeon keeper, red alert etc at friend's houses before I could afford a new pc with a capable gpu myself.
    Last edited by Finicky; 24-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Lots of multiplayer FPS' yay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

Maybe. UT2K4 is still great, I like(d) the Battlefield series, greatly enjoying Planetside 2, played through STALKER and a few other big FPS. I still think that, pitted against those, Halo is still good. The fact is, there's a wealth of great games available that cater to different particulars. Halo strikes a nice balance in a few things that yes, might be excelled at in other games, but as a whole package might not be as good as a Halo title.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

I actually rather admire what Bungie brought to the series. Especially after playing some many Modern Warfare clones, the freedom and sandboxy elements of combat of the series were incredibly refreshing. It gives you a lot of tools to deal with a situation, instead of most shooters these days that say "go here, kill this with this weapon".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    I like your wisdom and ability to bring concrete proof on the table.
    How do you argue with someone who says the Earth is flat?

Especially when it's gundato and you know he can argue forever?

Well, let's try to address just one of his many amazing points as an example:

Quote Originally Posted by gundato
    (the dialogue system WAS pretty weak)
    What is that even supposed to mean? How was dialogue system in Deus Ex "weak"? How does selecting one out of several available responses, each with a different outcome, make for a "weak" dialogue system? I mean you do realize it's technically identical to dialogue system in Fallout or PS:T? Or are dialogue systems in these games "weak" too? It's even fully voice acted. On both sides.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    I was listening to Rebel FM the other day and Arthur Gies was saying that Microsoft were investing a lot in setting up a bunch of new game studios at the moment, clearly with a view to ramp up for the new Xbox. I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of their output were console exclusive titles tbh in order to strengthen the brand. Given Win 8 is principally for tablets there's not a great deal of incentive for them to continue to support the desktop/laptop PC market as it stands when it comes to product.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    How do you argue with someone who says the Earth is flat?

Especially when it's gundato and you know he can argue forever?

Well, let's try to address just one of his many amazing points as an example:

What is that even supposed to mean? How was dialogue system in Deus Ex "weak"? How does selecting one out of several available responses, each with a different outcome, make for a "weak" dialogue system? I mean you do realize it's technically identical to dialogue system in Fallout or PS:T? Or are dialogue systems in these games "weak" too? It's even fully voice acted. On both sides.
    I think PS:T has a much more relevant dialogue system since you aren't having deep philisophical discussions with hobos on the street :p. But, I acknowledge, I am INSANELY biased toward PS:T and don't really have an objective view of it.

As far as "different outcomes": Deus Ex is no different than the (non-important) sidequests in the Mass Effect series. At best, you'll have an opportunity to (ineffectually) talk to the NPC again later, or you'll get an item or a fight. That's it.

And the "different coutcomes" and "non-linearity" of Deus Ex, much like most of the games from that era, is exaggerated. Outside of one or two occasions involving dialogue (off the top of my head: two :p), it is really no less linear than Metro 2033. And there is nothing wrong with that.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Sorry, but this is a really dumb question.

Microsoft owns Bungie and Halo is the one franchise that keeps their Xbox systems alive. If it went multiplatform, that could spell doom for Xbox.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Microsoft doesn't own Bungie. It never has. There was a contractual agreement that meant any development done by Bungie would be owned by MS, but that is different. It's why Bungie are now being published by Activision...

The point that's being made here is that why would a multi-platform release (and seeing as we're talking only on the PC here, nothing that immediately takes part in the console wars in-fighting) 'spell doom' for the Xbox. The fact is, Halo 1 PC was successful and remains played to this day. Halo 2 PC was unsuccessful because it was a, generally speaking, poor port, saddled with GFWL and 'only' working on Vista which had a slow up-take as well as the fact it came out ages after Halo 2 actually did.

Considering most sales, especially on the console, take place within the first couple of weeks, would it really be doom if 3, ODST and Reach were released on the PC considering 4 is about to come out? Hell, even if 4 came out a month later on PC, would it really impact on the 360 sales that badly?