Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karma Gain Tip

Network Hub

Karma Gain Tip

The Daily and Monthly achievements now give you jugs of Karma worth 4.5k (1 for daily 10 for monthly). They're account bound so you can use it on any char.

TOP TIP: the jugs are affected by karma boosters, so grab a guild karma boost banner, a karma booster if you have one etc etc, and anything else that adds to your karma gain, then use the jugs. I got 72k karma from the monthly jugs, as opposed to the base 45k, which is a nifty difference.

Great advice, cheers!

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Oh! Damn. That is a good tip. It never even occurred to me to store the jugs - too impatient.

I wonder are they going to be putting in more karma gear because I'll have a full set of Temple gear in a couple of weeks at this rate.

I still need to salvage something like 200 items in a few days and I have no time to play over the weekend, gaaaahhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I still need to salvage something like 200 items in a few days and I have no time to play over the weekend, gaaaahhhh!
    But... you'll miss the "event" on the 28th then.

Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    But... you'll miss the "event" on the 28th then.
    Unfortunately, that's probably true. Maybe I can squeeze in an hour or two. The event schedule is set in US time, I assume? In that case I could be lucky and have a peek at the event Sunday night.

Maybe we could all get together sometime and whack a karma banner down?

That's the plan.

I kinda wonder if they've screwed up with the Karma rewards. By this time next year I'd have, in theory, 2 million karma. Ah. Never mind. I understand now. Still, that's a lot of karma for someone content to never have a legendary.

Activated Node
    I came here specifically to suggest this! (original thread title: "I have a cunning plan!" =)
    I checked the guild build queue yesterday and didn't see any 24h Karma boosters either in production or already finished.

My question is, should we wait until the end of the halloween period and then spam all the jugs in one go? By my count, that's a total of 20 jugs [10 days of festival + monthly], which corresponds to 90,000 Karma, +70% in boosters [+50% karma booster, +5% banner, +15% 24h guild booster], which adds up to 153,000 Karma.

Of course, there's always the risk that Anet blocks the use of boosters.

Maybe to mitigate the risk, we should try to do it in two sessions? Build the guild upgrades now, set a specific place and time for the banner plunking/booster activation for saturday or sunday, and then do it a second time on Nov. 1st?

What do you guys think?
    Cheers,
    Rokahef

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by frightlever View Post
    I kinda wonder if they've screwed up with the Karma rewards. By this time next year I'd have, in theory, 2 million karma. Ah. Never mind. I understand now. Still, that's a lot of karma for someone content to never have a legendary.
    double post, but I'm pretty sure they're only giving out the jugs during Halloween. As of Nov. 1, your daily rewards will go back to being random BL stuff. (or nothing, which is what I usually get.) =p

Hm, what about the 33% extra Karma from the Outnumbered buff in WvWvW? It's worth a try!

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokahef View Post
    double post, but I'm pretty sure they're only giving out the jugs during Halloween. As of Nov. 1, your daily rewards will go back to being random BL stuff. (or nothing, which is what I usually get.) =p
    No, Jugs are permanent, added to give more of incentive for doing daily / monthly. Wouldn't say a nerf is out of the question though, although no doubt more karma gear will be added at some point.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    No, Jugs are permanent, added to give more of incentive for doing daily / monthly. Wouldn't say a nerf is out of the question though, although no doubt more karma gear will be added at some point.
    Really? Did they announce the change was permanent?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokahef View Post
    Really? Did they announce the change was permanent?
    It was in the patch notes on Oct 22nd, unrelated to halloween.

ACHIEVEMENTS
    In response to several letters from the Tyrian Explorers Society, we have made the following changes to recognized achievements:

• Added karma rewards to daily and monthly achievements.
    • Added 19 new exploration achievements to the “Explorer” achievement list, including “Dive Master,” which tracks unique diving goggle uses.
    • Added a new “Jumping Puzzles” achievement category.
      • Moved all existing jumping puzzle achievements from the “Explorer” category to the “Jumping Puzzles” category.
      • Added 4 additional jumping puzzle achievements.

I'm disappointed by the lack of innuendo in this thread.

C'mon, guys, jugs!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    It was in the patch notes on Oct 22nd, unrelated to halloween.

ACHIEVEMENTS
    In response to several letters from the Tyrian Explorers Society, we have made the following changes to recognized achievements:

• Added karma rewards to daily and monthly achievements.

Hmmm.... "added"... does that mean we still get a chance at the gemstore items like the Black Lion Salvage? Or have those been REPLACED by the karma items? Has anyone here actually gotten a gem store item since the change?
    Anyone know more about this?

Network Hub
    Yes you still have a chance for gem store items, added in this instance means added.

Network Hub
    Glad to know about having a chance for gem store items like aviator cap, sunglasses, boxing gloves, et al. It's evidently perfect! Isn't it amazing?

Hey guys, I've looked into our guild booster inventory and we've got 4 karma banners, as well as a 24h booster available for use. I would say we do a "karma jug event" today.

We're going to activate the booster this afternoon, banners can be either set up in Lion's Arch and/or in a Borderland where our server has the "outmanned" bonus (if we've got it somewhere). Feel free to post in here with a preferred time.

And no worries if you cannot log on today, we can repeat such "karma parties" on a regular basis.