Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My phone is nine years old, so I don't think I'll be playing any games on it.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by siegarettes View Post
    tons of games
    Wow some of these look very cool, Pocket League story in particular.

I tried Hero Academy the other day, and it's got that (near inexcusable) micropayment nag-factor in full effect. The challenge levels were a lot of fun, though. Worth an afternoon (or a couple commutes). The challenge levels are all free.

It seems to me that turn-based (or pauseabe pseudo-turn-based games) are a great fit for mobile.

My best experience with playing a mobile game, in fact, was playing Civ V, which was running on my PC, using Splashtop's streaming software. It was absolutely seamless, functional, beautiful, and totally compelling. The only problem is, you've got to keep your PC on when you're out and about. Not ideal.

What I want most: FTL on iPad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Adult Swim has some interesting games. I personally like Amateur Surgeon a lot. I played it as a flash game and then my partner bought it.

I really don´t,there was a time when I actually bought a few games for my phone a few years ago but there´s really only one that I enjoyed and played through completion,the Doom RPG. It was pretty damn good.

Haven´t really played a mobile game of any description in quite a while now,and I really have no interest in doing so.

Oh,I actually played Hotel Dusk for the DS a bit and I liked it,I guess that´s the exception.
    Last edited by Arach; 25-10-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    A game I really love on the iphone which I can't see myself playing on a big screen is N.Y. Zombies. The music!

Last edited by mashakos; 24-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    My phone doesn't even have colour, so my options are limited as far as games are concerned. Which is why I usually carry either a Gameboy Advance or a DS with me whenever I travel.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Mainly been playing Elder Sign : Omens. It's a port of the die game:
    http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed...e.asp?eidm=187

I have an iPad and I gotta second Karoshi and Bike Baron. Both good games. But the games I've ended up playing most have been Super Stickman Golf (fantastistic 2D golfing game) and The Little Crane That Could. I know that second one sounds like the title of a children's storybook or something but trust me on this one, the gameplay is anything but child's play. It's a crane simulator with very challenging gameplay, and the physicsengine is absolutely uncompromising. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by siegarettes View Post
    and also Frozen Synapse if you have an iPad.
    Sadly the iPad version of Frozen Synapse isn't out yet. Last I heard the development of it was knee-deep in bug-hell, but the devs are hoping to get it sorted out and released evetually. :/

Hope they get it working before too long. FS was my favourite game of last year and I would love an iPad version.

Some of the games I keep coming back to on my iDevices are...

Drop7 - A clever puzzle game which is hard to explain but great to play once the mechanic 'clicks' with you.

Flight Control - Absolutely simple ruleset, still challenging. A great chaos management game.

Hellsing's Fire - A puzzle game based around a light/shadow mechanic.

MovieCat - It's a quiz game based around movies. With cats.

And the iPad version of M&M: Clash Of Heroes has been anounced earlier this year, so that will be another time sink soon.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    I've got Settlers, Majesty, Command and Conquer and a bunch of iOS ports of classic PC games on my iPad, and then there are games like Hunters: Episode 1 (tactical TBS), Starbase Orion (space strategy 4X) and Aliens vs Humans (a virtual classic X-COM clone), not to mention countless RPGs ranging from Dungeon Master clones to JRPG clones and every clone in-between.

While I understand some people can't see a need for a tablet, I can't agree with them. They're like those people who don't read, watch television or listen to podcasts because they "don't have enough time". Fair play to them, but I gear my life around being endlessly entertained.

As for playing games on mobile phone - I resent the amount I have to charge the damned thing as it is, so no.

Banned
    No Bantumi on 1280 unfortunately

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    All on the Iphone:

World of Goo HD, barely played it on the pc but it's great and lovely even on a smallerscreen.

Rebuild, sort ofdie2nite zombie apocalypse simulator which is fun, focuses more on the peopleyou have and the survival/strategic element rather than the straight upfighting zombies bit who are more of a rumoured threat than an actual presence.Full of rogue preachers and motorcycle gangs and stuff as well.

Ticket to Ride Pocket, which is a pocket version of Ticketto Ride, believe it or not.

Sonic 1 and 2, exactports of the game although a bit fiddly with the touchscreen controls.

Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion which is an excellent, andvery hard, turn based strategy game. Follows the Advance Wars formula, probablyabout as much content to it as AW and looks as good. You have to commit to itthough, it’s a full game really, battles take around half an hour at their easiest.

Zombie Dice, which is dumb but good for a bus journey.

Elder Sign: Omens which is an IOS port of the board/dicegame of the same name, Arkham Horror lite basically. Not got into it yet but it’splenty deep for a phone game I tell.

I have a few Fighting Fantasy books but to be honest theylose their charm quickly on IOS, not really sure why. Maybe you need toactually turn the pages and roll the dice by hand for them to work.

All of the above are fun although most of them are more fullon games to be honest, they would lose little/nothing as full, cheap PC games,there's a lot more to them than many of the stuff that was coming out in themid 90's for about a tenth of the price. Ravenmark for example could easilyhave been a full priced release around 2000 or so, looks and plays well enough.World of Goo *was* a full price release only a few years ago. Someoneshould make a Patapon for IOS, that would be more or less handheld perfection. Ihaven’t played as many of them as I would like and am still keen to find someexamples which are light enough to play without also being flimsy, but it’schurlish to complain about something being too rich and good to require morededication than you can give it at the bus stop nonetheless. For their pricethey above are excellent value for what they are.

I play a silly amount of Pokémon and Golden Sun through emulation on my Android (I own the cartridges for the GBA but my GBA is long defunct). Regarding actual current mobile things Rayman Jungle Run is extremely good, well worth the $3 or so.

Apparatus on Android; high-detail/complexity 2.5D Fantastic Machine

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Elder Sign: Omens which is an IOS port of the board/dicegame of the same name, Arkham Horror lite basically. Not got into it yet but it’splenty deep for a phone game I tell.
    Would be interested to know how similar it plays to the boardgame after the changes. I love Arkham Horror.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

As much as I love my Android phone, it definitely feels like a bit of a backwards child when it comes to games. Most of the really good ones (particularly adaptations of board games) are iOS only.

I do enjoy Drop 7 (mentioned above) and Triple Town - this is a fiendish little thing that will have you by the goolies if and when it clicks with you.

Androminion is an excellent free copy of the Dominion card game, sadly doomed due to an official version coming soon but brilliantly replayable for the meantime.

Neuroshima Hex is a good adaption of a real-life tile-laying strategy game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I really love to, but I never go back after I put down my Nintendo Gameboy (the version of Black / White screen). They are still too expensive.

For gaming on smart phone, they really should invest more in R&D of battery consumption. Gaming drains the battery like hell. If my boss want to reach me yet my phone is out of battery, I will suffer a death by thousand cuts while back to the office.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Would be interested to know how similar it plays to the boardgame after the changes. I love Arkham Horror.
    There's a short play series on Elder Signs here

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...atis-personae/

Mansions of Madness (Board game) is probably worth a go if you like AH. More haunted house/action orientated but the mechanics are more immediate and less abstract which for me makes it all probably more evocative of actual madness and fear and people losing it. Also plays much quicker.

Yes I do!. My Nintendo DS is my little portable/mobile(if it counts as one for the purporses of this thread) lover when it comes to gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    No Bantumi on 1280 unfortunately
    Thanks, I was struggling to remember the name of that game after the 3310 comment.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"