Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I hear Civilization Revolution is a good civ game for the carryable-game-devices.
    I don't play mobile games because this is my phone:
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I have nokia n95 8GB,and GBA emulator,so yeah sometimes i tend to play games on it. But it happens rarely.

Activated Node
    I play the odd mobile game but recently I've been hooked on 1 in particular. It's called Puzzle and Dragons and it's an unholy combination of a match 3 type puzzle game, Pokemon and in app purchases (which I thankfully haven't felt the need to use yet). It's not actually available outside the US and Japan app stores (Android anyway - might be different for iDevices) but the apk can be found on the net (I found a link on the NEOGAF forums) - it's free to play so it's only circumventing region restrictions, not payment.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    It says the "word" buzzworthy in that phone photo.

D:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    It says the "word" buzzworthy in that phone photo.

D:
    I don't know what is that thing! (I just grabbed the first photograph I could find of my wonderful(ly bad) phone).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    i play, uh, solitaire.

my niece loves world of goo, though. she's always stealing my phone to play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Do you play mobile (let's say smartphone and tablet) games?
    Tablet, yes. Phone, no. The only place I might have time to play a game on my phone is on the train, but since they tend to be packed like livestock transport around there's rarely an opportunity to muck about much.

What mobile games are actually good?
    Games (iOS) that I've played past the first week after getting them are few and far between, but I'd mention: Cargo-Bot (puzzle), geoDefense Swarm (tower defense), Kingdom Rush (tower defense), Reckless Racing 2 (3rd person racing)
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    I hear Civilization Revolution is a good civ game for the carryable-game-devices.
    It's basically Civ2 with prettier graphics, totally amazing to nuke the world with Gandhi.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Used to but it gets dull after a while. I heard Three Towns is good, though
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What pain? It had a desktop CPU and an ATIx600 (so above average for the time) Even think it was dedicated graphics ram, not shared. Was a very nice laptop and worked well. It's definition of "mobile" is not the same as everyone else's though. It was massive! :D

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Been playing a lot of Neuroshima Hex lately, It's a brilliant adaptation of a brilliant boardgame.

Quinns even says it's better than the original:

http://www.shutupshow.com/post/37275...neuroshima-hex

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalBen View Post
    What pain? It had a desktop CPU and an ATIx600 (so above average for the time) Even think it was dedicated graphics ram, not shared. Was a very nice laptop and worked well. It's definition of "mobile" is not the same as everyone else's though. It was massive! :D
    I game exclusively on above-average laptops because I can't buy both a laptop and a desktop, and it's serviceable, but having a real desktop is so much better.
    And it's mobile, I play games on several places, just not when travelling. That laptop must have been always on boiling point, what kind of heat management it had?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Small General on my Android phone is a very nice streamlined war game, which reminds me a little of Advance Wars, only with dice and simple rules for morale and supply.

I don't have an Android phone, just a Symbian so I am playing various old games with emulators. Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, Final Fight, Legend Of Zelda, stuff like that : D

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Currently addicted to newly released Android game, Rivals at War:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gle.free.valor

This unlikely mashup pairs a CCG with a third-person shooter. Free to play with in-app purchases.

This mashup shouldn't work but it does for some odd reason. The CCG aspect is there in full force and you have to constantly buy packs of cards to improve your soldiers and equip them with the tactics they need to give them an edge in battle. The shooter aspect is the weaker of the two combos as you have absolutely no control over your soldiers once battle is joined.

What you do get is a front-row seat to some pretty good AI battles as they try to complete the mission objectives given them. You can switch between any soldier or get a birds-eye satellite view of the whole battlefield.

Last edited by Winged Nazgul; 25-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.

I feel like every time I could be playing a game on a mobile device, I should be doing something important instead.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I went back to commuting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Yeah, since I realized reading books on a mobile device was semi-pleasant, I'd rather do that during my commute.
    Last edited by Smashbox; 25-02-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    I used to play snake on my nokia 3310. Otherwise, no, never.
    Snake!
    brings back memories of my first ever phone...the mighty 3310. it's just unfortunate that it was also stolen.
    anyhow, Snake was pretty awesome way back then.

Activated Node
    Pixel Dungeon is an excellent roguelike for Android. I'll pimp this game whenever I get the occasion.

Banned
    Anyone got any nice iOS games in mind?