Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Obscure Node

Rock Paper Zombie, the unofficial RPS DayZ server.

People on Mumble have put some money together and we are renting a Private Hive DayZ server. It will soon have whitelisting implemented and we'll update the details then. For now, everyone is welcome to join. Search for Rock Paper Zombie and say hi on Mumble. If there are any server issues, please post them here.

Nice one Kafka, will be on once my next few hellish days at work are over!

Obscure Node
    Any news to share? I'm away but wonder whats up.

Obscure Node
    So I've been doing research over the weekend, and it looks like I am close to figuring out how to edit heli-crash site loot tables. This means that we can have the AS50/M107 removed as well as the L85 Thermal. We can add an L85 Holo to fill the gap, as well as a few Russian sniper rifles. I hope everyone agrees that this will make PvP squad battles a little more interesting.

Unfortunately changing loot spawns for anything else (eg. Barracks, houses, etc) is pretty much impossible as it requires clients to edit their Arma 2 files as well as the server being edited, and I believe it wouldn't really do much to improve the overall experience anyway.

In terms of getting the vehicle spawns increased, this is something I am also working on, but I need some login details which I will hopefully get off of Kafka on Monday morning. It seems fairly straight forward to do, and I believe Bliss already changes the default spawn locations of some of the vehicles (the Huey for example can spawn at any of the castles and in Elektro from what I have gathered so far).

Finally in order for us to get messages before restarts to alert players to automatic restarts, we will need BEC (BattleEye Extended Controls). Again this is something I will discuss on mumble on Monday.

Ok well if anyone has any questions just get on mumble on Monday. Toodlepips!

Obscure Node
    Sounds great James! I really think removing ls85 thermal + the antimaterial snipers would be a good one.
    I'm looking forward to get back and see whats going on :)
    I tried to look into setting up custom player skins but did not find anything helpful yet. Would be interesting if we could add some more variation.

I should start being around to help in the next few days, finally a chance to play on our server!

I'd hate to see the l85 thermal go! Love that gun, really don't think its as OP or unfair as everyone thinks it is, guess I'm the minority though.

Will get myself on mumble again soon!

snipes

Obscure Node
    Awesome!

I havn't played dayZ in a while because... I found a bike (which is all i've ever wanted to find) with 2 bust up wheels, but i managed to roll it down hill and hide it. I think spent about an hour looking for wheels, managed to find 2. Then as soon as i got to my bike a zombie punched me, knocking me out and then beat me to death before i could wake up.

Hopefully this server will be more forgiving :(

Obscure Node
    NaZeR, sounds like a harsh way to go ^^

Tonight we had a lil dragrace at the NW airfield. I tried to cut something together:

Last edited by Mag; 01-11-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Obscure Node
    We've got ourselves a forum now, for the DayZ-server.

http://rockpaperzombie.freeforums.org/

Obscure Node
    We gave Namalsk a go, new video from tonight:

Obscure Node
    (realised I was only able to add 1 clip per post, here's the 2nd)

Obscure Node
    Last clips from our gameplay:

All happened a lot bloody quicker on my screen! I shoulda taken the shot when they were running towards me to start with. Woulda made it less of a bumfight in the woods! Oh well, nice shooting mag n dandan.

ALSO!

FUNDING REQUEST

the server is up for monthly renewal soon so lets donate some monies to Kafka again to keep it running, we've been hitting full capacity regularly this week in the evenings and getting a regular group of players on during the daytime too.
    Last edited by purdz; 16-11-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Obscure Node

Latest video, NaZ and Snipes took me for a ridel.

Activated Node
    Hi Guys, have been playing a bit on the server but seems to just have gone password protected? Is there anyway to get on the whitelist/get the password so we can carry on? Me and a few friends looking for a good server with less hack problems, thought this might be it if you guys renting dont mind?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwe View Post
    Hi Guys, have been playing a bit on the server but seems to just have gone password protected? Is there anyway to get on the whitelist/get the password so we can carry on? Me and a few friends looking for a good server with less hack problems, thought this might be it if you guys renting dont mind?
    Hi zakalwe. Get over to the server forum and ask mag or dandan. They ahould be able to sort you out. Here's the link

http://rockpaperzombie.freeforums.org/

Obscure Node
    Hey Zakalwe, we were experiencing problems so the server was brought down for a while. The password was a temporary measure whilst a fix was tested, everything should be pretty much back to normal now though.
    You and your friends are very welcome to join us on RPZ, and you'll have to judge for yourself how well we deal with hack-attacks but we do have a very active admin team and we run a character backup every 1/2 hour that we can roll back to if needs be, also a whitelisting system is in the works, but don't worry; I'll make sure you're on there.
    See you in game!
    Ps, thanks to Trumpet for pointing Zakalwe to the forums :)

Banned
    What info do I need to give you guys to get whitelisted?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    What info do I need to give you guys to get whitelisted?
    Swayze, I tried to answer this yesterday but it got held for moderation. If you go to the forum that mag linked to upthread you will find instructions on getting whitelisted.

Obscure Node
    http://rpz-hive.tk
    (the old address still works, this is just easier to remember)

There's also a lot of new videos in my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ivehult

We've upgraded to 40 slots and got a few nifty tools.