Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    I'm waiting for Age of Decadence so long now...

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by johnki View Post
    Here's my list of games that I think look good in coming times and aren't mentioned a whole lot:

Moments of Silence

[snip]
    Yeah, I started to play Middens (the last game by the guy making Moments of Silence) and found it more contrived than I would have liked, but at least it was trying something different than the usual boy-from-small-village-saves-the-world narrative.

That said, I've thrown $40 at the kickstarter to get a physical copy of the two games when they come out, mostly because the painter working with him I find fantastic:

And apparently she'll try to paint all of the environments (vs the pixel art now) if they get over the $8000 hump.

Quote Originally Posted by lowesox View Post
    Yeah, I started to play Middens (the last game by the guy making Moments of Silence) and found it more contrived than I would have liked, but at least it was trying something different than the usual boy-from-small-village-saves-the-world narrative.

That said, I've thrown $40 at the kickstarter to get a physical copy of the two games when they come out, mostly because the painter working with him I find fantastic:
    I actually had the privilege of being part of an interview with the games' creator, John Clowder. I don't think it's so much contrived, as it is much deeper and more philosophical than people are used to. He talked quite a bit about philosophical theories that I wasn't entirely familiar with during the interview, and I think that contributed to a lesser understanding of the overarching message behind Middens.

That being said, Moments of Silence seems to be taking a more "direct" route in its thematic elements, so hopefully it will seem less "contrived."

Network Hub
    Still waiting on Stasis.

Has anyone seen "Cradle" ? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...45&searchtext=

and

"The Witness" ? http://the-witness.net/
    EDIT: This link for more pics: http://the-witness.net/news/
    Last edited by gravity_spoon; 27-11-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    Still waiting on Stasis.
    Me too, but if you say that, I must reply:

Reset
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    I dug through your blog looking for that interview as I'm interested in reading it. When I say contrived I don't mean that it's superfluous or without value, simply that the language often seems complex when the same ideas might have been presented more eloquently using more general terms. I say this (for what it's worth) as someone who has studied Philosophy at the graduate level (not good wages, it turns out) and was taught to express conceptual material using language that was as elementary as possible in its delivery so to be cohesive and coherent in its presentation. Though my longtime advisor would joke that if one wanted to last as a philosopher they should write just convoluted enough to keep readers just confused enough not to tear your ideas apart right away.

Again, not accusing Mr. Crowder of doing that, just perhaps coming off that way inadvertently. He writes like a lot of artists do about philosophical ideas, as if the novelty of the words themselves are an opportunity to be artistic. He's not as guilty as some artists I've seen in art magazines who carelessly throw around incredibly weighted words in a way that is impossible to interpret without further context. Words that are incredibly interesting and left vague does both the reader and the author a disservice because one isn't then properly acquainted with those ideas, which may have been very worthwhile to know in their context. Then again, a game or an art mag blurb may not be the time or place to elucidate properly and should be recognized for the window into these ideas that they are.

Also, he does indicate in one interview (in perfectly navigable language) that he has been influenced by surrealism and Eastern religion, and the former makes fewer distinctions between the vague and the specific as both are admittedly relative terms.

All in all, I still want people to go and kickstart this project over the $8k mark so we can see what he can really do, and to help pave the way for similarly high-minded games. I'm starving for the M. John Harrison of games.

Obscure Node
    I think my android just deleted my reply. I hate technology.

Limit Theory

Its a sandbox space exploration game that takes place in an infinite procedurally generated universe.
    It has already reached its Kickstarter goal but there are a couple of stretch goals to get to.
    There are a couple of interesting videos to watch:
    Kickstarter presentation:

Gameplay Demo

It looks really promising.

Obscure Node
    The game I've been working on, Dark Storm, is coming along nicely. Its a first person shooter that's being developed for Steam and maybe Gamefly (though obviously Steam is way better.)

My friends and I have been working on it, and so far it looks like its going to shape up rather nicely. We got into the top 100 for Indie Of The Year on http://indiedb.com and expect the game to be finished by march. It would be great if you could check out the website http://www.adarkstormiscoming.com and see what's happening.

Any input or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Nice looking concept art shot but you could preview the game for us,show some real screenshot and yes i know you gave us link,gonna check it out.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Obscure Node
    SpyParty! I recently got into the beta testing for this but have been somewhat intimidated by the skill levels of the regulars so far... an influx of fellow noobs would make things more fun.

Obscure Node
    Thanks man!

We have a few screenshots that haven't been uploaded anywhere, mostly because they are early ones that need to be touched up. The level designers are working off the concept art, making the levels look as close to that as possible. The guys working on all the technical stuff (I just help out with the science stuff) are all working on different things at the same time, so it doesn't look like much until it all gets put together, you know what i mean? Real screenshots are coming, and thanks for the advice.

Hopefully a trailer will be put out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Hopefully a trailer will be put out soon!
    As soon as you actually have a game to show people instead of just spamming someone's DeviantArt collection?

I'll give you 3 years.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    I'll give you 3 years.
    Good news! You won't have to wait three years! March 2013!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Does that mean that in 3 months we get to have a little jerk join the forums to piss on the community and spam about him and his buddy's super cool toy yet again? Whipeee doo. I can hardly wait

Seriously, go play in traffic.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Oh good! That means we can look forward to you continuing to spam the forums with Photoshoped pictures of other games instead of digital paintings!

You killed your own "game". Even if it is an actual game people here won't buy it just because you were such an annoying dipshit trying to promote it. Celebrity Twitter feeds are less grating.

EDIT:

Hah, definitely a scam or vaporware. They had a Kickstarter that went no where and ended up canceled. Grand total of $540 pledged.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dark583/dark-storm

Now go sit on the railroad tracks and think about what you've said Josh.
    Last edited by Shooop; 03-01-2013 at 06:18 PM.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Card Hunter is atop of my list.
    Mine as well and beta is coming!

*makes an offering to the beta gods*

Enemy Starfighter is my number one at the moment!
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Mine too. That and Antichamber. And Quadrilateral Cowboy.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |