Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Because disputed doesn't easily generate symmetrical teams, I got as close as I could then added/deleted as necessary.
    I wasn't going to worry too much about symmetrical teams in Disputed, as long as both teams have the same number of guys.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I wasn't going to worry too much about symmetrical teams in Disputed, as long as both teams have the same number of guys.
    I had some really crappy matchups, like two snipers and two shields versus four gunners.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

If teams are not clearly one sided I, personally, wouldn't worry too much about them being identical.So it's for the challenger to decide if teams are fairly even. We are all sensible people here so I don't envision a problem :)

BigBobr99 has challenged CherryPhosphate in game 628148
    BigBobr99 has challenged Sunjumper in game 628151
    Last edited by BigBobr99; 04-11-2012 at 09:43 AM.

[CherryPhosphater] has defeated [landybrandy] in game [627990]

Quote Originally Posted by landybrandy View Post
    [CherryPhosphater] has defeated [landybrandy] in game [627990]

Excellent game there, was shitting myself about your sniper the whole time ... and then I lost a guy off the side because I wasn't watching the turn counter.

[cimethink] has defeated [landybrandy] in game [627993]
    bad day :(

Loosing to fumarole is the default option. ^^

gotem has challenged Sunjumper in game 628352
    gotem has challenged CherryPhosphate in game 628353
    gotem has challenged rodeoclown in game 628354
    gotem has challenged cimethink in game 628356
    gotem has challenged parpel in game 628357

I am trying to play the matches I was challenged to but somehow the Grand Server is not talking to me.
    I'll keep on it though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Indeed. I felt kinda sorry for your shieldmaiden here at the start of the last turn:

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

BigBobr99 has challenged DeVadder in game 628387

Quote Originally Posted by BigBobr99 View Post
    BigBobr99 has challenged DeVadder in game 628387
    You're keen! You're supposed to be issuing the challenges where you're in column A on the data spraedsheet. I'm sure DeVadder won't mind one fewer challenge to issue, but you're just making extra work for yourself! But as long as your opponent doesn't mind I'll allow it!

[CherryPhosphate] has challenged [rodeoclown] game 628534
    [CherryPhosphate] has challenged [cimethink] game 628539

[CherryPhosphate] has challenged [parpel] game 628541

However I ran into a problem when I challenged parpel. I had just been using default Dark Disputed challenges (advanced just feels a bit like cheating to me, as a seasoned Crawl player I prefer truly random) but with parpel it generated a 3 vs 3. As a result I haven't taken my first turn on that yet; parpel please send me a turn if you want to continue, or challenge me back with a 4 vs 4; however you prefer.

[CherryPhosphate] challenged [DeVadder] game 628543
    [CherryPhosphate] challenged [ColofNature] game 628547

Silly questions about disputed mode

Right. Just about to get stuck into this "disputed" mode all the kids are talking about.

Not really given disputed much of a shake, so can I prevail upon one of you folks to answer a couple of silly questions? (I did try to JFGI it first, I promise)...

• Can a unit carry more than one box?
    • Do boxes carried by units who have not escaped or been killed by the end of the match count for anything?

Thanks! See you on the battlefield! (...or it's really more of an office interior, I suppose. See you in the battleoffice!)

bonuswavepilot has challenged Maetco in game 628631.
    bonuswavepilot has challenged landybrandy in game 628633 or 628635. (See below)
    bonuswavepilot has challenged gotem in game 628637. (See below)
    bonuswavepilot has challenged Sunjumper in game 628636.
    bonuswavepilot has challenged CherryPhosphate in game 628639.

OK - I managed to bugger this up a bit - @gotem, the first game I made I seemed to put your shotgunner inside a wall, so that he couldn't move. Please ignore game 628634. @landybrandy - sorry, after I got gotem's game wrong, I remade our match instead of his... As a result you will have got two challenges from me - I have made my move in both, pick whichever you better like the look of I s'pose.
    Last edited by bonuswavepilot; 06-11-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling fail.

Quote Originally Posted by bonuswavepilot View Post
    Right. Just about to get stuck into this "disputed" mode all the kids are talking about.

Not really given disputed much of a shake, so can I prevail upon one of you folks to answer a couple of silly questions? (I did try to JFGI it first, I promise)...

• Can a unit carry more than one box?
    • Do boxes carried by units who have not escaped or been killed by the end of the match count for anything?

Thanks! See you on the battlefield! (...or it's really more of an office interior, I suppose. See you in the battleoffice!)
    Yes, units can carry multiple boxes; I'm not sure if they count if the unit is still alive but has not escaped but I doubt it.

I can't find any mention of whether a unit can collect more than one box, although I think I've collected two with the same guy before - maybe someone who's played more Disputed than I have knows for sure. (edit: ah, I see CherryPhosphate has confirmed this while I was faffing around. Excellent.)

Regarding boxes carried at the end of the match (from the wiki):
    When one side's units are all dead or extracted, the game ends and any boxes remaining on the field are awarded to the remaining player. Think carefully before extracting your last unit!

The stated rules are unclear about what happens if the turn limit is reached while both teams still have units on the field. Boxes remaining uncollected are not awarded to either player. Boxes that have been picked up are counted, apparently even if the unit that picked them up was subsequently killed (see game 273759 on UK1; note that this was a custom Dark Disputed match with only 5 turns).
    Not sure about that last bit. Seems a bit odd to me.

Also, for reasons known only to Horace it seems that Maetco is unable to post in the forum so he has PM'd me his challenges:
    Maetco has challenged landybrandy in 628462
    Maetco has challenged gotem in 628465
    Maetco has challenged Sunjumper in 628620
    Maetco has challenged CherryPhosphate in 628622
    Maetco has challenged rodeoclown in 628624

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    I can't find any mention of whether a unit can collect more than one box, although I think I've collected two with the same guy before - maybe someone who's played more Disputed than I have knows for sure. (edit: ah, I see CherryPhosphate has confirmed this while I was faffing around. Excellent.)

Regarding boxes carried at the end of the match (from the wiki):

Not sure about that last bit. Seems a bit odd to me.
    I'm pretty certain boxes carried by dead units are not counted, check out my game with landybrandy - he had 3 boxes to my 2 but I killed his guy who was holding 2 boxes before he left the area and won the match ..

That game didn't run out of turns though. Mind you, having watched the match quoted in the wiki the guy that collected the box wasn't killed until just after the end of the final turn. So at the end of the match any boxes you've picked up but not escaped with count towards your total, but I'm guessing that you won't get points from dead guys. Probably.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 06-11-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: speeling