Anyone playing Guns of Icarus?

Just bought it now. Help a noob out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Yep, I'm playing. My handle in game is Oscar Gethin IV.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    What is it about, I dont get it. My eyes see air buccaneers
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Despite of the Hurricane, the launching of Guns of Icarus was successful. I haven't made my order though. For all I know, it's a team-based (multi-player) airship combat game. :) I'll keep on checking GoI's reviews and updates, then decide whether to order or not.

Bump for this thread since it was a daily deal on Friday/Saturday and I picked it up! It does seem like the sort of game that is better to play with friends and I'm known in-game as Krathor​.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Following the release of a video about it by various popular youtubers, plus an ongoing kickstarter campaign for the addition of and "adventure mode", plus the fact that the game is now half price on Steam, the number of players have multiplied. I tried it and it's pretty fun once you get a feel for it. Also playing in non-noob servers is really helpful to understanding the game properly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I am currently thinking about picking it up. It looks promissing but surely most enjoyed with a set crew.
    (Firefall: bug shot) // (PS2: bobby is going home)
    -remove spaces-

I appear to have this on Steam and yet have never played it. Interesting.

Network Hub
    Bought this last night with a friend...

Played a bit and really enjoying it.

Are people still playing? How are things?
    GW2: Urraca Aldor

I have been playing it on and off since I received my key (pledged for the adventure mode Kickstarter). There are still enough games around in my usual playtime, and the global chat seems quite active so worst case scenario it must not be that hard to populate your own game.
    They made some balance changes not too long ago to the way extinguishers/chemical sprays work and introduced a new ship but I haven't found the time to play since the patch, so I can't exactly say how it turned out.
    Last edited by Skhalt; 17-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.

I'd be up for playing a fair amount of this whilst sat on a Mumble server once my virtually unpaid summer holidays start on Friday.

I've been playing a fair bit. The new ship brings some variety as it has no guns on the side or the back, so you have to attack it from the right angle if you don't wanna get slaughtered. They also improved the UI and added some graphical improvements with the new update. I like the level of involvement the devs have with the community; they're on the chat a lot of the time and you can play against them every other evening. Hopefully this and the release of the adventure mode will increase the amount of players, but I also like how friendly and relatively small the player base is atm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    I keep meaning to get back into it but I'm a little anxious to jump in alone as I may as well have no experience whatsoever. If there's a group that wants to get a crew together I'm game, but I don't think I'd play with just randoms.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

The community is very welcoming and they will usually make specific games just to teach newcomers the basics. The use of mic is more popular than in any online game I've played, and if you tell the captain you're a noob or if he sees your level he will teach you a couple of things and give some constructive criticism if your ship explodes. I've seen users playing like angry CoD xbox 360 kids and by the time they are level 3 they act like actual human beings. It's great :D