Lockdown Protocol (public alpha)
Lockdown Protocol is a platformer style third person shooter with built-in level editor. It features classic platformer style single player game where you must collect power cells and make your way to exit as well as multiplayer mode where can you fight against your friends over Internet or LAN.
The game is currently under development in public alpha phase. This is how it looks at the moment:
Downloads and more information are available on game's official web page: http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
You can follow the development on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lockdownprotocol) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/fractilegames) too.
Last edited by fractilegames; 20-04-2013 at 06:52 PM.
The game has now been renamed to Lockdown Protocol and new alpha version 0.11.0 has been released!
This release focuses mainly on visual improvements and reworked single player score calculation. Here's the full list of changes since 0.10.0 alpha version:
- Retextured all level blocks adding more details and shadowing.
- Tweaked some of the level block models to better fit together.
- Added simple blob shadows for human characters.
- Changed level score to be calculated on the fly.
- Implemented locally saved high scores for each level.
- Added new menu for viewing high scores for single player levels.
- Added floating text messages showing score gained from kills and picked up power cells.
- Added floating text showing level title at start of level.
- Replaced level completion page with floating texts.
- Made object interaction UI fade in and out smoothly.
- Optimized (reduced batches) name tag and other UI component rendering.
- Fixed ugly overlapping corners in UI rectangles.
- Added different skin texture for shotgun guard.
- Added camera nudge proportional to recoil when firing a weapon.
- Downscaled some way too high resolution textures for small objects.
- Moved controller type selection to player settings to be asked at first start-up.
- Kill streak and multiple kill detection for extra score.
More information, screenshots and the downloads are available on the updated game page at http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
New alpha version 0.12.0 has been released!
The most noticeable change in this release is removed line of sight visibility requirement. The enemies are now always visible like in most platformer games. This simple change makes the game much more enjoyable, since it removes the annoying unavoidable deaths when hidden enemy pops up right in front of you.
Here's full list of changes since 0.11.0 alpha version:
- Removed line of sight visibility tests so that enemies are always visible.
- Replaced all explosion sound effects with much beefier ones.
- Added separate stand pose to human animation for more natural standing position.
- Made damaged walk speed limitation fade in and out smoothly.
- Minor tweaking to human walk cycle animation.
- Fixed AI treating flying body parts and grenades as obstacles.
- Made AI react to door opening sounds.
- Guards now slowly aim at targets instead of instantly having perfect aim.
- Gave dragon AI ability to go around obstacles while attacking.
- Fixed reconfigure scripts that broke due to executable name change.
- Fixed dragon wing flap sounds not stopping when dragon dies.
- Fixed crash on match start after deleting and re-downloading the used level.
More information, screenshots and the downloads are available on the game page at http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
Tags for this Thread