Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: The Platform Shooter
28-10-2012, 07:59 PM #1
Lockdown Protocol (public alpha)
Lockdown Protocol is a platformer style third person shooter with built-in level editor. It features classic platformer style single player game where you must collect power cells and make your way to exit as well as multiplayer mode where can you fight against your friends over Internet or LAN.
The game is currently under development in public alpha phase. This is how it looks at the moment:
Downloads and more information are available on game's official web page: http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
You can follow the development on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lockdownprotocol) and Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/fractilegames) too.
Last edited by fractilegames; 20-04-2013 at 07:52 PM.
20-04-2013, 07:58 PM #2
The game has now been renamed to Lockdown Protocol and new alpha version 0.11.0 has been released!
This release focuses mainly on visual improvements and reworked single player score calculation. Here's the full list of changes since 0.10.0 alpha version:
- Retextured all level blocks adding more details and shadowing.
- Tweaked some of the level block models to better fit together.
- Added simple blob shadows for human characters.
- Changed level score to be calculated on the fly.
- Implemented locally saved high scores for each level.
- Added new menu for viewing high scores for single player levels.
- Added floating text messages showing score gained from kills and picked up power cells.
- Added floating text showing level title at start of level.
- Replaced level completion page with floating texts.
- Made object interaction UI fade in and out smoothly.
- Optimized (reduced batches) name tag and other UI component rendering.
- Fixed ugly overlapping corners in UI rectangles.
- Added different skin texture for shotgun guard.
- Added camera nudge proportional to recoil when firing a weapon.
- Downscaled some way too high resolution textures for small objects.
- Moved controller type selection to player settings to be asked at first start-up.
- Kill streak and multiple kill detection for extra score.
More information, screenshots and the downloads are available on the updated game page at http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
10-05-2013, 09:57 AM #3
New alpha version 0.12.0 has been released!
The most noticeable change in this release is removed line of sight visibility requirement. The enemies are now always visible like in most platformer games. This simple change makes the game much more enjoyable, since it removes the annoying unavoidable deaths when hidden enemy pops up right in front of you.
Here's full list of changes since 0.11.0 alpha version:
- Removed line of sight visibility tests so that enemies are always visible.
- Replaced all explosion sound effects with much beefier ones.
- Added separate stand pose to human animation for more natural standing position.
- Made damaged walk speed limitation fade in and out smoothly.
- Minor tweaking to human walk cycle animation.
- Fixed AI treating flying body parts and grenades as obstacles.
- Made AI react to door opening sounds.
- Guards now slowly aim at targets instead of instantly having perfect aim.
- Gave dragon AI ability to go around obstacles while attacking.
- Fixed reconfigure scripts that broke due to executable name change.
- Fixed dragon wing flap sounds not stopping when dragon dies.
- Fixed crash on match start after deleting and re-downloading the used level.
More information, screenshots and the downloads are available on the game page at http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
14-07-2013, 06:06 PM #4
Public alpha version 0.13.0 has been released!
Here's full list of changes since 0.12.0 alpha version:
- Added new enemy called "jellyfish".
- Added new weapon, the SMG.
- Added one more single player level.
- Humans can now be damaged and killed by falling objects.
- Added basic guard speech using speech bubbles.
- Added subtle ambient background sound to all levels.
- Added key card indicator in HUD.
- Fixed blinking player shadow on moving platforms.
- Made all lines in UI look a lot smoother.
- Show human character chat messages as speech bubbles.
- Switched from Newton Dynamics physics engine to Bullet Physics.
- Fixed long-standing physics bug that caused some doors to slide out of their place.
- Fixed a rare physics bug that allowed dragons to fly through walls and objects.
- Fixed "/save" chat command saving configuration to wrong directory.
- Fixed a few warnings in log.
- Fixed a potential crash at match restart.
- Fixed walk speed limitation due to damage not getting reset when player respawns.
- Fixed player aim cursor and laser sight getting left behind when player character dies.
- Fixed minor error in center aligned text positioning.
- Fixed all lab doors opening with red key card.
- Added refiner machinery prop.
- Fixed editor cursor and other UI components unintentionally occluding glow effect.
- Dragon and jellyfish AI now goes directly to "search mode" on nearby gun shot.
- Miscellaneous minor AI improvements.
- Apply damage to flying enemies too if they are being crushed by heavy objects.
- Fixed Unix-style line endings in some text files in Windows release package.
- Made heartbeat sound fade in and out smoothly while player is badly damaged.
- Fixed an error in glow effect shader making it a bit faster at high resolutions.
Downloads and more information are available on website as usual: http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
03-09-2013, 07:40 PM #5
A new public alpha version 0.14.0 has been released!
Here's full list of changes since 0.13.0 alpha version:
- Added initial gamepad controller support.
- Turned the first level into a tutorial with controller type dependent instructions.
- Updated menu system for slightly better looks and better performance.
- Added description texts to menu items.
- Added timestamps to high score tables.
- Fixed "network packet rate" option in system settings not getting saved.
- Fixed bad selection behavior in shared level browser when list content is updated.
- Scaled "console" size down to three lines with a bit smaller font.
- Created better looking "get full version" menu page.
- Fixed some text placement issues with 4:3 resolutions.
- Fixed random crashes when changing controller type while a game is in progress.
- Added a little bit more details to the background model.
- Some run-time errors previously only logged to console are now reported with an error pop-ups.
Downloads are available on the website: http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
07-11-2013, 05:03 PM #6
Public alpha version 0.15.0 is out!
This update brings two new single player levels, one new weapon and enemy mine as well as loads of bug fixes and minor visual improvements.
Here's full list of changes since 0.14.0 alpha release:
- Added a new enemy item called spike ball.
- Added a new weapon called zapper.
- Added two new single player levels.
- Major update on match listing server and according changes to client side.
- Fixed broken PS3 controller auto-detection.
- Added level completion time and kill count to "completion screen".
- Added small random variation to all looping animation speeds to make them look more natural.
- Added slight animation to dragon eggs.
- Added score penalty on death in single player game.
- Changed the dragon egg texture to better match other enemies.
- Added warning in editor when saving level with dynamic entities placed outside outer walls.
- Added default renderer configuration, only show configuration dialog on request.
- Disabled background music while editing levels.
- Allow a bit more movement while in air to ease precision jumping.
- Minor tweaks to existing levels.
- Fixed broken multiplayer match player count reporting.
- Fixed several potential network related dead-locks.
- Fixed multiplayer match online listing when re-using match name.
- Only show online matches with compatible game versions.
- Tweaked human stand pose a bit to prevent feet from penetrating floor.
- Fixed bug that made transparent smoke pixels block glow effect.
- Added left trigger button as optional reload button on gamepad.
- Fixed missing texture on grenade.
- Tweaked lighting in some of the existing levels.
- Hid score labels in multiplayer matches.
- Fixed HUD key card indicator not showing keys on client.
- Fixed random freezes in windows version when browsing online matches.
Downloads are available on the game page as usual: http://www.fractilegames.com/product...down-protocol/
14-11-2013, 11:30 AM #7
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Looks good, but my advice is to add more environment.
14-11-2013, 03:24 PM #8
If you refer to the empty background, that has proven to be a hard thing to "fix". The fact that I want to keep the levels easily editable (in the built-in level editor) limits the level geometry. For example I have tried adding some sort of background blocks, but those would have to manually placed in editor, which makes level editing too complicated..