Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There's Newsblur as well. It's not free after 100 feeds (I think?) but might be worth looking into.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    I always thought the site (like many other sites) never updated its format for widescreens, and actually makes it seem to fit a vertical phone better than a lcd monitor. I just zoom the ads off the edge and it leaves the main page's headlines nicely readable, click on one that interests me, then hold the phone horizontally and zoom in on the text to read, word wrap works nicely in Dolphin. I don't, however, read comments from my phone. I don't use the forum either, but tapatalk would really help nicely in that regard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been using Opera Mobile on a N900, short of the images everything formats nicely to the zoom level. I think Opera has a browser for most mobile platforms.

It's coming. Had some issues with the load it was putting on the server.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    Excellent. I hope it mobilizes the comments too.

I actually built my own mobile version of the site some time ago, for my own use. It reformats the images in php and ads a meta viewport tag to the header to make it mobile friendly. On the mobile, I use that URL instead of going to RPS directly.

I emailed Jim, John and Alec about this when I did it, to ask if they had any objections but never got a reply

I'm glad to see them doing an official version. When that comes out I can drop mine and use theirs.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    Thank you. That's a damn good news to end the evening with!

People still go outside and have reasons to use communication devices that aren't PC's?

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Excellent. I hope it mobilizes the comments too.
    Something seems to have changed now. Viewing on iPhone the site looks different - the main site and articles look OK but the comments are a mess when people begin to reply it squashes it all to the width of the phone so you end up with one word per line. Hoping its just a temporary experiment and will be fixed as can make some comments sections unreadable.

Also seems to have made the top bar disappear (the one with forum link etc).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I get the same thing using gReader and Chrome.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

May I only request that you enable us to switch from mobile to desktop view and vice versa? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I can get it to appear in Android on my Nexus but only when in landscape. It's not there at all in IOS on my phone. Yes, fix this please.

Network Hub
    Also, the font has changed. It's smaller, and overrides my auto fit and resize. Not right.

Is that RPS's fault? I thought that was because of a change in my Android browser, but now that you mention it, my autofit settings don't work on the site any more either. Nested comments are also being squished against the right side of the screen, making them disappear eventually. Maybe requesting the desktop site helps.

Edit: It does not. This is inconvenient. I'm using the stock Android browser, so maybe this isn't uncommon.
    Last edited by LTK; 10-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ahh. I also wondered if it had changed because of a Dolphin Browser update... seems not.

I haven't played around with it much, but it seemed better for the main articles. (seemed to load faster too, though I can't be sure on that).

But the comment nesting does seem to be a bit useless - compressing nested comments into tiny widths.
    If they could sort out the comments then it might be an imporovement. (not that the comments worked on mobile on the old site either).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    This is quite a nuisance.