Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much?

Activated Node

How much?

How much money are you willing to spend on mmo games?If you already spent money on a mmo game, what game and why?(my questions are like questions on pageants, sounds gay lmao!)

Quote Originally Posted by aladinversuk View Post
    How much money are you willing to spend on mmo games?If you already spent money on a mmo game, what game and why?(my questions are like questions on pageants, sounds gay lmao!)
    So far, nothing.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by rsherhod View Post
    So far, nothing.
    so you're a f2p fan :P

I'm not willing to spent any time on MMOs. Money is not relevant in that case.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would pay 472.64 to make MMOs go away and never come back.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I played some WoW in the vanilla-days, since a friend of mine bought it and paid about a year in advance, just to realize he doesn't like it after 2 months. So when he returned to DAoC, I used his playtime. I also bought burning crusade, just to quit after the month that was included due to boredom. After the Witch King-expansion came, I got the offer of one week of free trial, after which I didn't feel like playing any further. I find the original WoW had more charm and there was a sense of wonder and discovery, before it degraded into a hardcore-dungeon-raiding-simulator. Looks like the majority of people played WoW for a different reason than I did (I never cared much for epic gear). Haven't really played much MMO after WoW. I tried AoC after it went f2p, but it was boring. I tried city of heroes and DC universe online (the latter on PS3) and they were boring. DnD Online I kinda liked, but the prospect of grinding my way up by running through the same dungeon a dozen times put me off that one as well.

So all in all, I spent the price of one expansion pack on MMO in general and have no intention of spending any more.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

At this moment, there is nothing in the domain of time and space that I wish to put toward MMO games.

Network Hub
    I've spent a little over 200 on World of Tanks (Free to Play). Made the silly mistake of converting Gold to credits early on, but otherwise most of my gold has been spent on Premium tanks and the premium XP/Credit boost. Been playing 15 months and still have 8 months of premium left and I don't think I'll be purchasing any more gold until right before that runs out. It's a bit expensive considering the games you can get for 200 during a Steam holiday sale, but I've played this more than many of the games in my backlog so I can't really say I regret what I've spent. :)

I've spent money on EVE, League of Legends and World of Warcraft as well, but they all seem to demand too much time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'll buck the trend here and say that I've play WoW for the most part of the last five years. Overall I would say there would be a tweleve month period (split up, not consecutive) in which I didn't buy a time card for it. I'd buy two month time cards from GAME because they sold them under priced, gave you points for buying them and about twice a year the points you earned buying them would result in a free time card. Add to that the expansions and I've probably spent over €600+ at a guess on that one MMO.

I enjoy my time with it and my friends and so far no other MMO has offered us the same enjoyment, though I'll admit WoW has that "warm" familiarity to it, like your favourite bar that might not be the shiniest and coolest bar in the area, it probably smells a little and the drinks probably could be a bit cheaper elsewhere, but its your bar and it's like another home to you so until someone takes it away from you, why change?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Price of entry for GW2 was definitely worth it. I see no reason to everr pay a sub if you can get quality that good for a one off payment.

I've spent about $20 on Eve Online, $50 on The Secret World(i know...i know...i'm an idiot) and $45 on Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 was worth the price of admission. I'm even planning on buying some stuff from the store like more bank space, maybe a skin, not sure. mainly cause i need more bank space but also the support the game and i don't mind at all especially since there's 0 monthly fees
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I enjoy my time with it and my friends and so far no other MMO has offered us the same enjoyment, though I'll admit WoW has that "warm" familiarity to it, like your favourite bar that might not be the shiniest and coolest bar in the area, it probably smells a little and the drinks probably could be a bit cheaper elsewhere, but its your bar and it's like another home to you so until someone takes it away from you, why change?
    Sums it up nicely. But since my friends also don't frequent that particular bar anymore it's not the same. Also, I don't like what the interior designers did with the place. They must be colorblind.
    currently playing: Assetto Corsa

Steam/GFWL/PSN: namefinder

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been thinking of getting Guild Wars 2, how is the longevity of the game, and are the server populations?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    WoW + 3 expansions + 5 years = a lot of money
    WAR + 3 months = not so much money
    AoC + 2 months = even less money
    Rift + 2 months = okay, about the same money
    APB + 1 month = I'm sensing a pattern here
    GW2 = jackpot!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I spent nothing so far,but in the future if MMO change the gameplay into something more interesting,maybe i'll play some of them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    zero.

Not interested in mmo's the way they are now: gimmicks like character bejeweling and horribly cheesy storylines don't interest me.
    I am hopeful that one day there will be an MMO with a gigantic cyberpunk world where you don't run into a hobbit mouse creature with a "hilarious" voice....

i want my MMO to be in this world:

Last edited by mashakos; 30-10-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I spent nothing so far,but in the future if MMO change the gameplay into something more interesting,maybe i'll play some of them.
    MMOs are only marginally about the gameplay.

MMOs are forum communities with GUIs. You play with other people rather than playing the game.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    How much money are you willing to spend on mmo games?
    Hovewer much will it take me to afford PLEX

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

MMOs are forum communities with GUIs. You play with other people rather than playing the game.
    Really? I was under the impression that most MMO games were mainly single-player action-RPGs that also happened to be 3D chatrooms.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post

This. Even when not playing I used to and sometimes still do log into WoW just to chat to my buddies on there. Even Planetside 2 now, I'll only play that for a community/outfit rather than being the very best at the gameplay (I'm average at best in FPS)