Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How much?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannaaashi View Post
    do you think this game is worth it to spend money for mmo ?
    i'll try :) well a few $$ is not bad since i took their advices to myself a limit

besides im enjoying the game now :P

Quote Originally Posted by the game is [URL="http://www.playmaestia.com/"
    maestia[/URL] from gravity
    i just tried this game it twas pretty good as of the moment.. not sure if it it worth it to buy sumthin from their cash shop haha

Activated Node
    i just tried this game it twas pretty good as of the moment.. not sure if it it worth it to buy sumthin from their cash shop haha
    haha maybe we can meet in game? :P unless you're on the different faction hahah

Haha, is this some insider joke, hahah?

Not sure if this is your normal communication mode or satire.

Sorry for not contributing anything interesting to the topic.

I don't really buy prem stuff to lvl fast.. I prefer avatars. nope not pedo.. but I just effin like to dress them up O.O
    /runs

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Haha, is this some insider joke, hahah?

Not sure if this is your normal communication mode or satire.

Sorry for not contributing anything interesting to the topic.
    lol you can also try the game so that you'll understand hahaha

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Subbed 4 years of Lineage II, 2 years of Aion, and perhaps 6 months of LOTRO. Now, I will only ever play a F2P micro transaction model. The American AION model is a perfect example IMHO, I've been enjoying it immensely, having spent perhaps 10 a month anyway in the store.

Looking forward to trying out the SWTOR F2P, but I can't see myself subbing for it, even if I enjoy it. Restricting run speed, and other basic facets of the game instead of a cosmetic and perk model makes the F2P citizen a truly 2nd class player, not just someone who will be a potential customer.
    All times I have enjoyed greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those that loved me, and alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Subbed 4 years of Lineage II, 2 years of Aion, and perhaps 6 months of LOTRO. Now, I will only ever play a F2P micro transaction model. The American AION model is a perfect example IMHO, I've been enjoying it immensely, having spent perhaps 10 a month anyway in the store.

Looking forward to trying out the SWTOR F2P, but I can't see myself subbing for it, even if I enjoy it. Restricting run speed, and other basic facets of the game instead of a cosmetic and perk model makes the F2P citizen a truly 2nd class player, not just someone who will be a potential customer.
    lol i am also once an addict on l2.. what server are you playin? private or the retailed one? ..
    well it might be change because im currently starting to be so hooked with Maestia of Gravity.. but i dont have plans to spend any money as of the moment.. i am still waiting for really good costumes haha
    Last edited by Kannaaashi; 13-11-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Activated Node
    lol i am also once an addict on l2.. what server are you playin? private or the retailed one? ..
    well it might be change because im currently starting to be so hooked with Maestia of Gravity.. but i dont have plans to spend any money as of the moment.. i am still waiting for really good costumes haha
    lol why would you spend for those things?? but it's your call haha! as long as you're enjoying why not lmao

Kannaaashi, aladinversuk, are you sure you are on the right forum?

Avg. Time to first "lol" = 1 word
    Probability of ending a post with "haha" or "lmao" = 75%

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Makariel View Post
    I found the progress in WoW superfluous. Regardless how much you progress in fancy high level dungeons, next expansion everything is essentially reset, because green items from the new questing zones will be on par with high level epics from the last expansion.
    You realise those events are YEARS apart, don't you!?

"Oh it's not worth playing Expansion 1 because Expansion 2 will be along in 18mths-3 years and my gear will suck"

*coughs*

You clearly haven't played Dark Souls.
    I have - it has some of the downsides of an MMO with pretty much none of the upsides...

Ah, I heard that quite often from friends. When they play WoW they don't spend much money on other games. For the money spent on a monthly subscription I could get a delightful selection of indie titles or games on sale each month, that would account to at least the same amount of playtime I'd spend with WoW.
    For my 9 I used to get around 100-150 hours of gameplay - that's a fucktonne of 'delightful indie titles' there then - I doubt you'd spend just 9 on em :)

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather spend 10-15 hours on 10 different games than 100-150 hours doing essentially the same things over and over again in a single game. Variety is the spice of life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    "Oh it's not worth playing Expansion 1 because Expansion 2 will be along in 18mths-3 years and my gear will suck"
    Imagine you're sitting at a table, and told you can't get up or have dessert until you finish what's on your plate. What's on your plate is a meatloaf the size of an engine block.

Eat it too fast and you get sick and throw up. Eat it too slow and, before you're done eating it, they add another meatloaf.

That's the gear treadmill. After WoW, every time I got a hint of gear treadmilling, I quit the game post-haste.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Imagine you're sitting at a table, and told you can't get up or have dessert until you finish what's on your plate. What's on your plate is a meatloaf the size of an engine block.

Eat it too fast and you get sick and throw up. Eat it too slow and, before you're done eating it, they add another meatloaf.

That's the gear treadmill. After WoW, every time I got a hint of gear treadmilling, I quit the game post-haste.
    That is a great away to put it. Numerous friends have grinded through past expansions, then they are bored and have nothing to do. One thing Blizzard has to fight to help to keep everyone entertained. And given so many options to get some gear upgrades (reputation, dailies) all the grinders feel they must do it everyday to stay ahead. But they end up burning themselves out doing them everyday for 2 hours. They get sick of forcing themselves to eat it then once they are all max rep, they will complain about nothing to do anymore. They are trying to add more than one meatloaf to the party, giving you a choice. But lots of people still feel like they need to eat everything placed in front of them.

My favorite new reps are the ones rewarding vanity items only. If I have time and want to kill 20 minutes, I will do their quests. But I am in no hurry to finish it off. Achievements also make the same thing feel a little different, giving a slight challenge in doing the same thing differently.

I miss the reputations where you had the option to either grind mobs and farm for items. This was more based on EQ early reputations in Velious and were fun to obtain. WoW Silithius/Terrorkar progressive item farm and summoning mini boss mobs were a fun way to get reputation. The higher mini bosses required a group and eventually a raid (in Silithus's case). You could work together to get those summons quicker.

Obscure Node
    I don't like spending money for computer games, specially if these games will simply close down for X reason. Not unless I am into buy and selling in-game items for real money. And not all games is good investment, so why spend?

In addition, I love the idea of beating someone who spent a lot of money to gear up his character just to be beaten into pulp by my regular geared character.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'd much rather spend 10-15 hours on 10 different games than 100-150 hours doing essentially the same things over and over again in a single game. Variety is the spice of life.
    What if you had fun doing "the same things over and over again"?

Banned
    These MMOs are proof that life is in the journey, not the destination. But the journey sucks too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    13 different characters - 4 different guilds - entirely different sets of in-game friends on both factions - a series of adventure blogs where I travelled around doing crazy-ass things like trying to get a brand-new character into the opposing starting areas or capture super-rare pets - dozens and dozens of people met, most of which I keep-in-touch with outside of the game, even tho I don't PLAY the game anymore - oh, and the best game world ever made, somewhere that feels a bit like a second home...

You really have never played an MMO have you? :)

Oh, and, most people think all games are "doing the same things over and over again" - you're just skewing that to what you like...

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    These MMOs are proof that life is in the journey, not the destination. But the journey sucks too.
    Unfortunately, most of the time this is true. Sometimes I end up playing MOBA games as a result. It is rare to have an MMORPG worthy of your time. A lot of game is out there in the market, but only few are in the TOP lists.

Time is far more the issue than money for me.