Thread: Patch 1.0.1141

Hybrid View

Patch 1.0.1141

A new patch was just released

A new Server Browser
    Removed side force fields on Permafrost, vgw

http://www.egmnow.com/tribesascend/t...sion-1-0-1141/

The server browser was rolled back again after a couple of hours, apparently wasn't working as anticipated. I saw it briefly while it was live, looked a bit confusing to me but I've not played any other online FPS so it might just be my lack of experience. Quick match dropped me onto a custom server with different rules (displayed on the loading screen) which seemed to be confusing a lot of people. I couldn't see a way to restrict choices beyond server region and game type anywhere, hopefully they'll let you set them in some detail somewhere - could be a good way of ensuring friendly fire etc etc.

Maybe there will be TDM with a higher score ceiling as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node deadly.by.design's Avatar
    If HiRez ever responds to my support ticket, my issue might go away and allow for me to join you.

The Steam version does nothing but sit there searching for updates or trying to validate when launched. When uninstalled, the same deal happens. I even downloaded the separate HiRez installer directly from their T:A site, and the only available install options it presented were Global Agenda and the Smite closed beta. Seriously.

Get your crap together, HiRez! You've wasted ~30 days of my booster.

Looks like the server browser is back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Deadly, is it the new extra adons they have dropped on this patch (or the patch before I am not sure) or something else. As my launcher kept returning to the need to install other program to work. Turned out I needed to run it as administrator to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Deadly, is it the new extra adons they have dropped on this patch (or the patch before I am not sure) or something else. As my launcher kept returning to the need to install other program to work. Turned out I needed to run it as administrator to get it to work.
    I don't know what's causing it, but it has been unplayable for about a month now.

Is there any sign of crashing? I had to install older PhysX drivers to run TA (the newer ones were installed with Dishonored).

Quote Originally Posted by Revisor View Post
    Is there any sign of crashing? I had to install older PhysX drivers to run TA (the newer ones were installed with Dishonored).
    The game itself doesn't even get to the point where it can launch. This is all happening in the HiRez launcher. I uninstalled, reinstalled, tried to verify, repair, etc, and nothing has worked. So, yeah... just waiting for HiRez to get back to me at this point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Is the background program running? The authenticator (or something). For me this was a problem for a long time, as it somehow shut down if I was not fast enough. I had 1-5 seconds to press play in the launcher or it would crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus View Post
    Is the background program running? The authenticator (or something). For me this was a problem for a long time, as it somehow shut down if I was not fast enough. I had 1-5 seconds to press play in the launcher or it would crash.
    I can't even press play because the 'checking for updates' progress bar never completes. It also never completes when verifying. It just never completes.

This all probably already occured to you, but ... can the launcher connect to the internet? Is it perhaps blocked by some program or firewall?

Have you tried installing both the steam version and the non-steam version? Also, do you have any other Hi-Rez games installed? I know Smite caused the Tribes launcher to go a bit batty when I installed that to my system.