Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Merry Bloody Advent! [Signups open!]

HELLO INTERNET

The Bloodbowl bit of RPS is one of my favourite places, being as it is a collection of friendly psychopaths who are allowed to act out their fantasies on virtual elves. That's all the world needs to be a nicer place. Chitter and chatter is good, but you know what would be even better? A month of THEMED BLOODBOWL FESTIVITIES.

To break it down, each person who wants in gets a day of advent to create and cast unto the world whatever they like, with some kind of christmassy theme (and/or bloodbowl I guess). All these put together form our calendar.

T'other forum I've done this on has had some spectacular entries in the past, from games to pictures to stories to "songs" to mock reviews to big numbers to a full pantomime, but it's not about those, really, it's about the coming together of a community. We've produced some cracking match reports, some awesome fiction, some adversarial grudges, and if we can channel exactly 75% of that energy, it's going to be an awesome advent.

If you're interested in having a day, sign up below and pick what day you'd like (between 1st and 24th December I guess). Don't worry if you don't have any idea what to do, just quickly submit to peer pressure and sign up without thinking! Go!

1st - Lowkey!
    2nd
    3rd
    4th - Dentharial!
    5th - Chainsawhands!
    6th - Squirrel!
    7th - Laneford!
    8th - Ian!
    9th - Ian!
    10th - Cyber!
    11th
    12th - Boots!
    13th
    14th - Weasel!
    15th - Kapouille!
    16th - Jolima!
    17th - Screwie!
    18th - Alini!
    19th - Jim!
    20th - Doughnut!
    21st - NieA7!
    22nd - Groovy!
    23rd - Everblue!
    24th
    Last edited by Jiiiiim; 21-12-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll take the 23rd.

Ho ho ho

12! It's the best of all the numbers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'm in! Give me any day you wish.

EXCELLENT

Everybody else: DO IT

Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    EXCELLENT

Everybody else: DO IT
    Alright, give me the 6th, I'll be your very bloody St Nicholas, for Christ's sake.

Network Hub
    Don't even know what this is all about. Where and how to sign up? :) In this thread?

Network Hub
    Edit: This first sentence isn't important any more.
    Ok, so I'd love to sign up to this, but work is going to be crazy until mid-December. So...I guess I need one of the later dates, say the 21st?

I also have an idea for something that I'm arrogant enough to say might be a cool finale to do on the 24th. Give me a couple of days to hammer out some more details and then approach people about it. Suffice to say it wouldn't be me alone, but more of a collaboration.

Edit: Screw the above. I'd like the 4th, because it's my lucky number and dammit this is important enough to handle however I want it to.

Still got an idea for a collaboration that I think would be better done as one of the later dates, but I by no means want to 'hog' the 24th.
    Last edited by Dentharial; 04-11-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Don't even know what this is all about. Where and how to sign up? :) In this thread?
    In the thread yeah. It's an advent calendar! Every day of advent, someone makes something audio or picture or video or text or whatever that is christmassy or bloodbowly or both. It's fun!

Dentharial you have the 4th, let me know if you want the 24th.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Could have the first Jiiiiim, got something in mind

Erm, go on then. I'll have the 9th so as to give me at least one weekend day to try and squeeze something out of my creativity-bereft mind.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Give me the 22nd - I'll try to roll out some creative writing skills that have been lying dormant for 15 years...

/Edited, for grammar, amusingly. That writing may end up painful to read, apologies in advance!!

To my genuine surprise I have no less than two ideas that I like and am tempted to get started on one of them already.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I have an inkling of an idea, but I'm hesitant to put my name down until I get a better handle on it first (And also if I can devote enough time to producing it)...

That counts as a sign-up. Put his name down, Jim.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ha! Ian - you posted in this thread again! That means you have to go down twice!

That's what she said. Or something.

EDIT: OH GOD I'VE DONE IT AGAIN.

I've got an idea and an idea I can't do it, so I'll have the 21st if that's OK - should give me enough time to come up with something else if needs be...

oh my word that's ten names filled in already. That's more than 40%. BETTER SIGN UP QUICKLY EVERYONE ELSE

Network Hub
    This is so exciting!

My brain is bubbling with ideas. I really need to see if there's enough material available for the collab idea, but it looks like there'll be enough volunteers that it may not be necessary. Or maybe I'll just replace my smaller idea on the 4th with the bigger idea.

Huge thanks to Jim for suggesting and organising this. Christmas is absolutely my favourite time of year, but I now live in a country that doesn't celebrate it, so having this advent calendar to look forward to is amazing.
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/