Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Activated Node
    I am the Ambrose Burnside of this steam group.

Obscure Node
    I think units lose the will to fight as they take casualties? It's not shown in the morale bar, but I'm pretty sure losses make a unit much less likely to stand their ground for the rest of the battle. Certainly my regiment just seemed to give up after the failed attempt to take the hill. I guess maybe it's less of a problem for more veteran regiments, so maybe with the most veteran regiments you can just have one shirtless blood-soaked survivor screaming atop a pile of enemy corpses.

Yes, that is my impression too. Regiments which lost many soldiers may regain their morale but will loose it again much faster or even instant-rout. I suggest using them as second line troops (not in the front line) for the rest of the battle. Veterancy surely is a factor to consider too.

You should always seek to keep a fresh reserve for this purpose. If you don't need to commit all your forces to deal with a problem, don't.

Activated Node
    You all going to be around in the next few days or for the weekend for some fighting? (Or does CK2 still rule over us?)

For those of us who are willing to nail down the courier bug, please do the following:
    - deactivate and uninstall SOW completely (make sure you have your registration codes ready)
    - reinstall SOW, Antietam, without mods
    - patch to 1.4, and apply the MP Beta patch
    Then we all have the same installation.
    I was contacted by a Kriegsspiel member, they are working on the same issue and we will arrange pure vanilla games (without mods!) with couriers.
    If couriers work without mods, we will add mods again one at a time to see if they cause the bugs.
    Last edited by Leffe7; 25-02-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hello everyone. I go by the username Saddletank on NOrbsoft's forums too, but by the name Digby in-game. My username on the Kriegspiel Group is Mr. Digby.

http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/c1-p...d-kriegsspiels

I spoke with Leffe7 by PM on Norb's forum and our HITS & Couriers group would like to get together with your group to do more testing and see if we can get to the bottom of these crashes. We're online around 7:30pm UK time Tuesdays and Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays but often we'll only have 3 or 4 members active so we can't test the system 'to destruction' with more players. Hene we'd like you to either join us or vice versa. On the Kriegspiel forum there is a link to our teamspeak server and its password, all are very welcome to join us, or if you'd like some of us to come join you, drop me a note here or in a PM, or on Norb's forum and we'll get together by hook or by crook.

Activated Node
    Are we dead? What Has Happened?

I just talked to Monty and it is really time to rebuild the community.
    With the latest beta patch I would say the courier bug is really gone!
    I played many HITS games with the friendly folks from kriegsspiel group (see link in the post by Mr Digby/Saddletank). Just join the teamspeak server weekdays around 7.30pm UK time.
    Tonight both Monty and kriegsspiel posted events for 7pm /7.30pm, so we should be able to get a big game going!
    Last edited by Leffe7; 08-04-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hello folks looks like i stumbled across some more SOW players i see my Friend Digby has already made hie presence know so all i will do is say Hi from the GCM playing set of players and for those not really interested in the hits style of play but prefer the goodyear blimp a little more feel free to seek us out at www.sowmp.com

We play most nights starting at around 5est onwards

Last edited by jonah; 24-05-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: need to add some stuff.

Obscure Node
    So Monty, doug and I just played MitraITA and a friend. They started near the objective, so had to wait for us to arrive. Monty engineered a distraction across from Devil's Den while Doug and I marched on Cemetery Ridge and hit them from the North. I tried moving through the trees ninja-like, but was eventually spotted, and we were forced into action. Doug took Devil's Den successfully, but my men were hit hard and ground up by a vast charge attack from what I assume was most of the enemy force. Monty arrived with a near-fresh brigade as my men were crumbling away, and our forces held the Devil's Den ridge in a tense stand-off, before the enemy broke. The enemy moved back down the hill and reformed on the objective, but by that point they were broken and Monty and Doug drove them off quickly. A great game, is interesting playing against other people from time to time. I was a lot more nervous about things like giving away our position, counterattacks, etc. Their attack against me was brutal, and crushed my forces, which I was completely unprepared for. I only hope I was enough of a meat shield to take the fight out of them once they'd broken my brigade.

Can we resurrect this? I really want to dip my toes into the still waters running deep of Scourge: Gettysburg. I've played the single player a bit and I'm intrigued by multiplayer. Also, I luv's the US Civil War. I photograph it all the time.

(Obligatory Flickr plug: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervous...7628077418074/ )

My Steam ID is dreaming_lad - if the group cares to invite me! :)

Oh, and quite excited by Chancellorsville, the map improvements and additions look pretty interesting. Glad to see the series still has life.

Game scheduled for tonight at 8GMT. We'll be in the community chat before the game, newcomers welcome.

There'll probably be another game tomorrow night as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Game scheduled for tonight at 8GMT. We'll be in the community chat before the game, newcomers welcome.

There'll probably be another game tomorrow night as well.
    Curses, due to birthday party of friend's I cannot make tonight. Which is a shame because I had a great time last Saturday with you and Gap. I am free Sunday, however.

Would there be any interest in starting up some games again? After taking Ultimate General for a spin a couple of times, I got a hankering for some multi-layered multiplayer action with couriers!

Also, I hope someone other than me is excited over the upcoming SoW: Waterloo. I like the ACW, but I love​ the Napoleonic wars (can one love a war?).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    There's the Rock Paper Succession group on steam, I'm sure if you find it people would want to play. We've not played in a while though.

I'm already a member, and used to play with some people a couple of years ago. I put up a comment somewhere on the Steam Community clusterfuck, but I guess nobody noticed it... or cared :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
    I'm already a member, and used to play with some people a couple of years ago. I put up a comment somewhere on the Steam Community clusterfuck, but I guess nobody noticed it... or cared :(
    Ah yeah I don't have much time for gaming at all lately except at work. Hence my tardiness in spotting it sorry.

No worries. I'll try making an announcement in the Steam group, see if anybody bites. :)

Lesser Hivemind Node Stellar Duck's Avatar
    I'd be up for it though I have no prior MP experience with the game. Only done SP so far.

Also, what mods, if any, should probably be decided beforehand.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.