Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Not sure how accurate this is -- but according to this site, we're on the cusp of dropping a tier (3 points between us and Aurora Glade currently).

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

But even if we don't, Piken are seemingly getting promoted anyway. So it's either Gandara and AM, or Drakkar Lake and Underworld.

Network Hub
    The millenium site is pretty accurate, though it relies on score updates from the public so can be skewed for a bit I think.

We've fought Gandara and Aurora before- wouldn't mind going up against either of those again as their populations matched us more closely. Unless they've had tons of transfers in since. No idea about the two though.

AG a couple of weeks ago were odd- they seemed to have loads of low-level people on for the WVW monthly achievements with very little protective stats and they got smacked around quite badly as a result. You shouldn't be getting that many lootbags from wall defenders that outnumber you...
    Last edited by Quine; 13-11-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Obscure Node
    Hello,
    I couldn't agree more with introductory events for initiating players into WvW and the larger GH "community". The idea of expanding the pool of those who can take an active role in managing tasks for the Guild is a good one - it doesn't leave it all on the shoulders of just Timofee

The meeting last night was both productive and positive - with good reason. Being rofflestomped by Piken Square, a realm with a much higher population, who can boast multiple, very large guilds with good co-ordination is a temporary issue. They'll have the band-wagon jumpers join, they'll get booted up a tier and find themselves facing opposition who are on more of a par with them and they'll have their own set of new challenges to face. Abaddon's Mouth are a different matter, but I don't much care whether we keep them or not - on the one hand, they do love their cheating/glitching/exploiting, which is very frustrating. On the other, they do have a large number of spectacularly poor players I'm conflicted between wanting to reach through the screen and choke the cheats and my love of shiny, shiny loot bags...

Given my state as a confirmed cynic and grumpy old bugger, I can scarcely believe that I'm about to say this, however...The last couple of weeks have proven that the important thing is to remain positive, both in WvW-chat/Mumble and Guild chat. The fastest way to put people off even trying WvW is to descend into a lengthy diatribe on how bad X is, how terrible Y is or how unfair Z is. Any PvE-oriented player hearing that kind of talk is going to find it more than a little discouraging and will likely not bother to hit that button.

I like the idea of an RPS "event" to go in together, give people the basic mechanics and a tour and then hit a tower or a few camps, or even just a couple of sentries. There *is* a bit of a barrier to entry on WvW. Documentation and instructions on it are pretty lacking on the whole and playing with other people creates the worry that you could "do something wrong" and have it affect others, not just your own repair bill. Thankfully, with the people we have in RPS and the rest of the community, there are many people who are keen to get newcomers over that bump and into the important part - Killing bloody AM mesmers. *ahem* having fun.
    T.

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    You shouldn't be getting that many lootbags from wall defenders that outnumber you...
    Hehe. 10chars

Hi chaps, just dropped by to say hello after I saw someone posting a linky on the GH forums. I recognise a lot of the names on here but shows how little attention I pay to guild tags as I didn't realise half of you were RPS

Hey Roo, nice to see you here
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

The WvW keep buffs are one time uses before having to buy/queue them up again or are they just on a cooldown after their use has ran out?

One time, and annoyingly you cant queue 'repeats' until you've used the ones you have :/

Lo Roo!

PS I promoted some peeps, if there's anyone else that wants fort claiming give me a shout.

For people who only got into the game or are trying it during the free trial period, please feel free to contact any of us (I am speaking for everyone here, right?) via PM or post in here if you've got questions or are confused.

Also, the Gunnar's Hold server community is planning some WvWvW introduction events, so that everyone can give that a try as well without feeling lost. I may have posted about this already once, twice, or even more often (I am just easily excitable). Further details on this will follow soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    One time, and annoyingly you cant queue 'repeats' until you've used the ones you have :/

Lo Roo!

PS I promoted some peeps, if there's anyone else that wants fort claiming give me a shout.
    I've been spending quite a bit of time in wvw recently, so it might be useful for me to be able to claim structures -- if you were willing to give me the permission, of course!
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Hey there everyone! It seems as if Aurora Glade is planning a server wide WvWvW event tonight (Wednesday, 28.11.2012) and is calling out to anyone on their server to join the "fun" (link to thread/t on the official forum).

Of course, we cannot let this happen. That's why I would like to politely ask anyone with a sharp blade and/or a sharp mind to join the Gunnar's Hold community tonight in a valiant effort to stem the green tide!

It doesn't matter if you are level 10 or level 80, we don't care if you are specced or geared for PvE or PvP. Whatever armor or weapon your character is equipped with - you can hurt things! A level 1 character can fire a ballista bold that severs arms and legs just as good as a demi-god with a legendary shovel at her side (yeah, you might not last as long, but who cares).

Please have a look at http://www.gunnars-hold.eu/forum.php and join the Mumble server. If you cannot or don't want to listen to other people's cries of distress and pain (what is wrong with you?), keep an eye on the guild chat throughout the evening. Even if you only join for a quick brawl or two, we would be more than happy to send your warm body to the frontline.

For Horace! For eternity!
    Last edited by Squiz; 28-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Damn, that sounds like it will be a hell of a lot of fun. I wish I could make it

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    hmm, I might have to stop by when I get back; 11ish I think.

might be a good idea, if anyone is online during the day today, that they spend some time upgrading a keep in each BL.

I'm going out for a meal tonight with family around 8ish so I won't be back until later. Good luck guys!

@squirrelfanatic I've finally registered on the site and applied for membership to the RPS group. I'll most likely join you tonight to toss some grenades in the general direction of anything that moves.

Probably a good idea to claim a keep and get some buffs rolled out

noaru, got your request and confirmed.

Network Hub
    Barring commuting disasters I'll be representing from about 8.

If the anet forums are to be believed AG will be trying something other than mere zerging, so I'm expecting a 10-golem stampede across the zones or similar. I agree with Malf that buffing the crap out of a likely keep or tower and nuking anything that gets close to it would be lots of fun.

Last night I got onto EB late and we managed to hold Quentin despite two walls being down. A few good shots with some siege really stops the average zerg in their tracks and we can definitely hold against most zergs in those situations. Then the wall upgrade kicked in and the server crashed, but it was fun while it lasted.

AG are already making a start, I see: they have the whole of EB and just took our garrison with golems, apparently.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    damn, must be a student server.

what is the best way of destroying a golem?