Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    damn, must be a student server.

what is the best way of destroying a golem?
    telling them they have exams the next day

Network Hub
    Haha good one.

Now I'm wondering if their plan isn't to PVDoor their way into everything during the day and then spend all night defending like mad for karma and loot.

Ballista button 3 does nasty damage to any siege, but it's on a long cooldown. Any siege is good against them really seeing as they can't be healed.. lots of arrow carts work wanders
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

Network Hub
    Ballista shrapnel #2 is good against anything, and great in a crowd. #1 isn't too shabby either. In fact I think the ballista is beating the mighty arrow cart in the battle for my affections.

We should try getting a rapid ballista deployment team going in any moderate-sized fight and watch how it, er, impacts the enemy sometime.

Make it into a superior ballista, those things are insane

Network Hub
    Sounds like it would involve jumping puzzles, so not for me.

Nah, just 2 normal ballistas + some crafting mats & a tome you buy for 1 skill point, dump them into the mystic forge

Network Hub
    Well we made a lot of stuff ours and nearly took the AG garrison. It was all kinds of profitable, violent fun.

Let's hope they hold another server event soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    Well we made a lot of stuff ours and nearly took the AG garrison. It was all kinds of profitable, violent fun.

Let's hope they hold another server event soon...
    I guess I left too early then. Thanks to everyone who turned up. noaru, I hope you had your share of fun. Out of curiosity: What is your impression of playing WvWvW with a level 30-40 character?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I guess I left too early then. Thanks to everyone who turned up. noaru, I hope you had your share of fun. Out of curiosity: What is your impression of playing WvWvW with a level 30-40 character?
    Oh yes indeed and I shall be coming back for more

As for playing as a 30-something, it was better than expected. I still have bugger all firepower and survivability is iffy but there's plenty of stuff I could do to feel useful. Throwing heals, boons and whatnot for others, CC-ing fleeing enemies (man the rifle is awesome for that) and generally getting a better feel for the class and its skills (discovered how amazing Elixir S is for getting out of tight situations).

Aside from our group shenanigans, my highlight of the evening was when I managed to defend the Bluebriar gate until reinforcements came against a group of 5 ppl with a ram. I'm sure had I been 80 I could've wiped them instead of just delaying them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    I got there too late to make any meaningful difference; but I did manage to complete AG Borderlands, which makes me wonder what I'm supposed to do with all those badges of honor, I'm starting to get quite a collection now.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksbane View Post
    I got there too late to make any meaningful difference; but I did manage to complete AG Borderlands, which makes me wonder what I'm supposed to do with all those badges of honor, I'm starting to get quite a collection now.
    I'd say go for the Invader Armor set if you are a light class (the other ones don't look like much in my opinion). Alternatively, buy blueprints for siege equipment and get even more badges!

damn, I just realised how many you need to get anything at all.
    going to have to get some serious collecting going on.

I think you also need 500 if you're ever going to try for a legendary

depends on the legendary I think, but yes will need 500 of something to get the appropriate scroll thing.

as you can see, I'm highly specific.

Noticed I hadn't seen kiss around in numbers.. seems they've moved servers again according to the GH community chat box.. of all the servers, they chose AG, our enemies (again) after the reset :/

Wat. 10Charrs

Edit: To be perfectly honest, it's hard for me to care about stuff like this anymore. Whatever happens to the WvWvW population of GH, I'll just enjoy the awesome time with the nice people of the community and won't care too much about the score. I just realised I never did care about that to begin with.
    Last edited by Squiz; 05-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfious View Post
    Noticed I hadn't seen kiss around in numbers.. seems they've moved servers again according to the GH community chat box.. of all the servers, they chose AG, our enemies (again) after the reset :/
    This remains the underlying problem with WvW. The 3 servers you get in a matchup are matched using population, average active WvW population, score etc. This all goes to the dogs when big guilds move about just after a matchup.

Really hope they lock the servers down (and add guesting of course) so this won't be an issue anymore. I imagine trying to shift a 1000 man guild with each player paying 20 plus gold would be almost impossible,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Wat. 10Charrs

Edit: To be perfectly honest, it's hard for me to care about stuff like this anymore. Whatever happens to the WvWvW population of GH, I'll just enjoy the awesome time with the nice people of the community and won't care too much about the score. I just realised I never did care about that to begin with.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    I thought the score matching system was entirely based on previous WVW final scores and population had nothing to do with it. Almost all our matches since the weeklies began have had wildly imbalanced player numbers in WVW, and there's a good chance we'll be fighting Drakkar Lake- which normally field about 4 times out numbers- again next match even though they have twice our score.

If the official forums are to be believed a lot of servers are facing a massive dearth of WVW players right now, even previously packed places like Desolation and Blacktide are seeing declining populations. Gunnar's Hold is in a worse situation though as we're still matched against much larger servers, and while you can still have fun fights in the right places it's stopping people from plonking 1.5 gold down to upgrade a keep as they know it will soon get rolled again.

There's a very real possibility that the various misfits from other guilds that make WVW on this server so much fun will look at moving soon to find more balanced fights, and that would be a real shame. Anet need to sort out free transfers and maybe merge some servers to consolidate things.