Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Yeah, I think that more people will leave the server, even without the drama-baiting the whole KISS thing has brought upon Gunnar's Hold. However, there is a pretty solid core of guilds and/or people that have declared that they will stay until the bitter end.

A community-wide migration seems not feasible, as moving one guild as a whole without it breaking apart is already very tricky (there seem to be a lot of such stories going around). Personally, I am one of the people who will stay with Gunnar's Hold, or rather, the RPS guild.

It is also worth noting that even when people decide to leave the server, they can still be part of a guild on another server. As far as I know there will also be expanded guesting implemented in future updates. Concerning the sever-hopping behaviour we have seen lately, both of guilds unhappy with a given community and opportunists that leave servers that are doing not so good in WvWvW matchups, I think that ArenaNet has missed the opportunity to stop that in time. That's a real shame.

Just a quick bump for this - great show tonight everyone. I was both surprised and a little bit proud to see so many [RPS] tags on Mumble tonight. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quine View Post
    I thought the score matching system was entirely based on previous WVW final scores and population had nothing to do with it. Almost all our matches since the weeklies began have had wildly imbalanced player numbers in WVW, and there's a good chance we'll be fighting Drakkar Lake- which normally field about 4 times out numbers- again next match even though they have twice our score.

If the official forums are to be believed a lot of servers are facing a massive dearth of WVW players right now, even previously packed places like Desolation and Blacktide are seeing declining populations. Gunnar's Hold is in a worse situation though as we're still matched against much larger servers, and while you can still have fun fights in the right places it's stopping people from plonking 1.5 gold down to upgrade a keep as they know it will soon get rolled again.

There's a very real possibility that the various misfits from other guilds that make WVW on this server so much fun will look at moving soon to find more balanced fights, and that would be a real shame. Anet need to sort out free transfers and maybe merge some servers to consolidate things.
    I'd advocate - daylight WvW servers or something - effectively for people who work / go to school etc. Between say 5pm and midnight the WvW works and allows capping, outside those times it guests you on to one of the larger pop servers or some such - it'd be incredibly artificial and a bit jarring to begin with but in terms of actually allowing an even playing field for servers our side it would probably be better.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Yeah, I think that more people will leave the server, even without the drama-baiting the whole KISS thing has brought upon Gunnar's Hold. However, there is a pretty solid core of guilds and/or people that have declared that they will stay until the bitter end.

A community-wide migration seems not feasible, as moving one guild as a whole without it breaking apart is already very tricky (there seem to be a lot of such stories going around). Personally, I am one of the people who will stay with Gunnar's Hold, or rather, the RPS guild.

It is also worth noting that even when people decide to leave the server, they can still be part of a guild on another server. As far as I know there will also be expanded guesting implemented in future updates. Concerning the sever-hopping behaviour we have seen lately, both of guilds unhappy with a given community and opportunists that leave servers that are doing not so good in WvWvW matchups, I think that ArenaNet has missed the opportunity to stop that in time. That's a real shame.
    Yeah - a lot of people seem to get hung up on drama - honestly, there's only ever drama if you get that involved. I fully advocate the lalalalala fingers in ears approach.

I'm shocked anet have allowed the transfers to go on this long, but hey ho.

Regarding other peeps moving to a dif server and remaining in the guild - yeah they can but since guild upgrades are server specific and the likelihood is they find another guild and represent that meaning they don't see guild chat its largely pointless :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    I'm shocked anet have allowed the transfers to go on this long, but hey ho.
    On this subject, I believe the plan has always been to allow free means of transfer until Guesting is introduced. Guesting seems rather delayed at this point, but ANet seem to be sticking to that plan regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    On this subject, I believe the plan has always been to allow free means of transfer until Guesting is introduced. Guesting seems rather delayed at this point, but ANet seem to be sticking to that plan regardless.
    I keep wondering why it's so delayed though. They allow x-server grouping, overflows work like a charm, the functionality to jump and play on a given server is there.
    They have bigger issues to fix though and it seems like they're not really managing to catch up. I gave up doing fractals because I can't even remember the last time I managed to finish a run with all 5 people due to disconnects.

Hey guys just wanted to let the right people know that I've signed up to the community forums and have requested to join the RPS guild group so I can be gain access to the WvW mumble. Would be grateful to the group leaders to grant me permission. Ive been playing WvW with Duke and co using either Rocksaw, Remaire or Koyne. Thanks

Done, Shalaska. Hopy you enjoy your time with the community!

Activated Node
    Hey guys, can someone also approve [RPS]Corn on there? I put in the request last night.

EDIT: Sorry, [RPS]Corn is the mumble username, I'm registered on their forums as manveruppd, it occurred to me that that's the one you need.
    Last edited by manveruppd; 05-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Obscure Node
    Sorry to turn this into a Gunnar's Hold request thread but would love an approval when it's convenient.
    Jarhok Belouve is my username on the forum, I have requested to join the RPS group.
    Many thanks,
    Jarhok

EDIT: Oh yes have been playing with Duke and others in WvWvW and have been having a whale of a time .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    at risk of saying something out of turn, can I suggest that you post your introduction in the introduce yourself thread. At which point I'm sure and appropriate person will do something (it may take a day or two).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...oduce-Yourself

Obscure Node
    I did so when I joined the guild, this was specifically for the Gunnar's Hold community as I havn't actively participated in WvWvW

I just approved any outstanding requests, you should be fine now Jarhok. Welcome to the pack!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus hawksbane's Avatar
    Oops, sorry guess I should read more carefully.

Obscure Node
    No probs, thanks chaps

Just have to throw out a mention to everyone in RPS that have taken part in the GH community event. When I was looking at Mumble last night we had the second most members on, and we also kicked all kinds of arse so go us

Just a quick reminder for people looking to join the RPS group of the GH community forum (which is needed to view the WvW forum section). Could you please either post in here or send me a PM with your GW2 IGN or your profile name here so I can check who you actually are. Don't want to come across as paranoid, but I feel like I am kind of responsible for who we allow to see internal stuff.

Thanks!

Just sent a join request (been posting in the comments before, but for some reason I hadn`t used the forums prior to finding out about the group). In-game name is EPICTHEFAIL.5389.

Just a quick inquiry: Does anyone know a person in our guild going under the name of "cannon"? I saw a group membership request on the GH community forums but cannot check the guild roster myself atm (not at home).

Obscure Node

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Just a quick inquiry: Does anyone know a person in our guild going under the name of "cannon"? I saw a group membership request on the GH community forums but cannot check the guild roster myself atm (not at home).
    Hi squirrelfanatic
    I think i am the cannon you are looking for only recently joined sorry didnt see this thread before I requested the GH community permissions . My guild wars id is Cannon.3182
    tks

Perfect, thanks cannon. I'll accept your request as soon as I get home.
    Last edited by Squiz; 20-05-2013 at 04:22 PM.