Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bioshock Infinite gameplay trailer.

I just watched the gameplay trailer... I wanted to avoid to spoil me, but I am happy to have watched it.

1) This is obvious GOTY material for at least 3 years.
    2) Impresive to many levels.
    3) Impresive even for no gamers. Make me proud to be a gamer.

Wow, wow.. wow!.

Mind = blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    3) Impresive even for no gamers. Make me proud to be a gamer.
    Until the shooting starts maybe. "Hey, person-who-is-skeptical-of-games, check this out! *few minutes later* Ok, yeah, so it still boils down to killing more dudes than Rambo but ... look at all the minimally interactive stuff that totally couldn't have been done as well or better in a film!"

the big twist towards the end, he is the king of England.

I think this is what people wanted from the first bioshock, getting to see the city fall apart rather than arriving afterwards. I still don't get it though, it looks like a massive open city but just how much of that epic battle at the end is the player deciding what to do, or is it all completely linear?

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bit View Post
    I think this is what people wanted from the first bioshock, getting to see the city fall apart rather than arriving afterwards.
    The fall of Rapture could be interesting to explore in a future game (of the kind that is never likely to be made) and may be what some people wanted, but some of us are pretty satisfied with what we got.

it looks like a massive open city but just how much of that epic battle at the end is the player deciding what to do, or is it all completely linear?
    I got bored of the battle halfway through and skipped to the end, so I'm hoping it was just a cut-and-paste job like the previous stuff we've seen and that there aren't actually combat sequences that lengthy in the game.
    Last edited by Rii; 09-07-2011 at 07:27 PM.