Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    It's still supposed to be April 2014 - 9 months away.

Quote Originally Posted by Themadcow View Post
    It does seem development is moving very slowly for this game. Whereas other kickstarter updates give a lot of information and insight into the design / production status of the games it seems that Elite updates focus on 'making pretty looking ships', fan fiction and some of the more philosophical areas of universe and structure design. I'm not hitting the panic button yet - as judging by their rather public request for stock exchange listing, their financial status seems heathy... but is VERY low key for one of the biggest funded Kickstarters and a sequel to one of the most iconic games in history.
    I'll take Elite's low profile development over Chris Roberts' overly ambitious visions any day.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I'll take Elite's low profile development over Chris Roberts' overly ambitious visions any day.
    Yeah I have no idea if he'll pull off half of what he has in mind. It does tickle my anxiety gland. I funded both though, so hopefully one of them will pay off :D

Ill take chris roberts overly ambitious stuff any day, because even if he manages a fraction, itll be awesome.

also the entire weirdness surrounding Elite was a bit unsettling.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Let's just hope for the best possible outcome of both being good. :)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

oh definitely. there can never be enough good games.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Especially when they involve spaceships.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Looks decent i guess.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Really, of the funded space-sim Kickstarters, Josh Parnell's Limit Theory still seems to be the one to watch, every monthly update video it looks better and better.

Which is kind of nuts, given he's pretty much still only one guy coding away. I guess that forces him concentrate on making systems rather than handcrafting stuff. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out with the crazy schedule he sets himself :/
    Last edited by skapusniak; 12-07-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/19599..._in_shares.php

I wonder if that will have any good or bad effect on the development of the game.

Did not realize they made Lost Winds. Been meaning to try that on the Wii.
    Last edited by Moraven; 12-07-2013 at 09:50 PM.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...-to-go-public/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous/posts/534553

I'm a bit surprised the esteemed equipe RPS hasn't put together an entry about this story, especially after making a big deal over Tim Schafer's honk on the money horn. Shareholders (even minority ones) have demands that need to be met legally, and sometimes at the expense of artistic and developmental freedoms. Not to mention it takes a good six to nine months to prepare to go public, and who knows how much longer this has been in the hopper.

Network Hub
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VE8B4KptyVI

Looking pretty, explosions are looking really well polished and the beam weapons cutting the hull of the ship is impressive.

For those wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Brookes
    It's a mixture of both, it's all captured in game, but there is some post processing and the cockpit is a mock-up (we're implementing it in-game as we speak). We'll release a video in a few weeks that deconstructs the video from an art perspective so you'll get more details then.
    http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showpos...74&postcount=3

That still leaves enough actual gameplay footage.

I doubt the actual game is going to be exactly like that, but if it's even 80% of that video then I'm locking myself in a room when this comes out until my wife chainsaw's the door down.

The thing that stood out for me in that vid was the damage modelling. Is that accurate? I mean I think seeing real burn scars across hulls on those large ships and stations could be a really excellent thing!

Activated Node
    much better then anything Ive seen from Star Citizen so far. Lets be frank, the Brits are much better in making space games

Quote Originally Posted by peschiNL View Post
    much better then anything Ive seen from Star Citizen so far. Lets be frank, the Brits are much better in making space games
    Facetious? Well if not then I wouldn't go that far. Firstly because I am equally impressed with SC, especially since CIG have produced the Hangar Module which is rather fabulous. Also because Chris Roberts is also british. And lastly because it's not a competition. I am looking forward to both games

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Chris Roberts was born American

But he's British in his heart