Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Should i email Pratchett or you? Remember, it will have to be back in the days before Ridcully came around and broke the system by being effectively unkillable. With an open-world Ankh-Morpork from the time, and throw in the sto plains for good measure. Which Pratchett writes.

Dark Soul's combat mechanics + Mount & Blade's campaign and battle system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    how do you go out of stock on digital downloads?
    i guess they just ran out of keys. that definitely happens with green man gaming. i bought guild wars 2 from them and didn't get my key till the next day. of course, it didn't say "out of stock" when i bought it, so maybe they just started doing that.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Banned
    Majesty: TFKS + Emperor: ROTMK

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I always want a crime sim or shooter game like GTA combined with racing sim gameplay like Need for Speed. Far Cry 2 is a good start. Input system issue is not easy to solve though. Really difficult to get players to switch between WSAD+Mouse and driving wheel, yet driving wheel is still the only effective tool for you to enjoy a driving sim. While Far Cry 2's driving mechanism is quite outstanding, it is still no where near the standard of a drive sim.

And Crysis 1...... let's call it disastrous.

Sim racing game such as NFS ..what the hell men xD

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Sim racing game such as NFS ..what the hell men xD
    wow! i missed that part. yea nfs is pretty far from sim racing. go play iRacing and then see how "sim" nfs is.
    Lookin' 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    Skyrim + Shadow of the Colossus

How Bethesda did not do this for the dragon combat, I will never know.
    Dragon's Dogma did. 'tis a pity it's not on PC.

Arma + Jagged Alliance

war sim sandbox with light rpg elements/progression

Day Z + The Walking Dead.
    If you could have a legitimately unscripted experience in which you have to choose which one of your friends you save, and make your own detailed story in the zombie apocalypse, well... that would be fantastic.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare + Civilization
    You can substitute chivalry for mount and blade or what have you, but the idea of a medieval battle game in which you're fighting for a nation you built from the ground up and have deep patriotism for? Fantastic.

Recettear + Minecraft + Civilization
    Okay this is kind of cheating. It's a 3 way. For some reason Mojang has no idea what an economy is, because emeralds are shit. Recettear gets it. Recettear knows how this stuff works. And not only that, but I want a functioning economy and a functioning nation. And real dungeons, that I can delve in for profit rather than that 5x5 room nonsense. And voxel building. All of it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor_roxo View Post
    HA! i've not seen this before. damn i wish i had GTA4 on pc. it's on sale now too but i'm broke as hell(i hate being poor. rawr-where's that lottery ticket *fingers crossed :D)

Damn! i remembered it was on sale at green man gaming and they got the 25% & 35% off codes too, but its out of stock. why!?!?!
    lol, I like how this contrasts with everyone calling GTA IV on the PC "terrible", "crap" and vowing never to touch it ever.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

lol, I like how this contrasts with everyone calling GTA IV on the PC "terrible", "crap" and vowing never to touch it ever.
    is it that bad? i've only played on consoles. i just want to try the mods out, especially that zombie one.

is it that bad? i've only played on consoles. i just want to try the mods out, especially that zombie one.
    the mods are tough to install. Other than that, gta 4's issues have been patched up since late 2008.
    Steam profile

the mods are tough to install. Other than that, gta 4's issues have been patched up since late 2008.
    are they as bad as Minecraft? not that they're hard, just annoying as hell...not to mention as soon as you do get it modded, the damn game goes and updates

Half Life Episode 1 + Half Life Episode 2 + Half Life Episode 3.

In seriousness, I'd like to see Civilization IV crossed with Crusader Kings 2 - so the diplomacy and story building of CK2 while being able to create your own world.

PES 2013 + worms. Imagine something like death rally,only in football version :v

are they as bad as Minecraft? not that they're hard, just annoying as hell...not to mention as soon as you do get it modded, the damn game goes and updates
    adding textures is easy enough, just additional files you have to rop in. Adding cars is more cumbersome, you have to use a tool to open up gta4's asset files and inject the custom cars. If you make a mistake? You have to reinstall.

The big headache is enbseries (or icenhancer, though enbseries yields the best results). Without modifying the settings almost all the "custom configs" around the net have something wrong with them. My favourite config by L3VO has a great look to it but there is this annoying random flashing on the screen due to excessive flare settings. Had to spend an hour scouring the 1000+ lines of config script to find the right settings to dial back. This is the result:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJjWZA7i8CU

Other things you have to keep in mind:
    enbseries and icenhancer don't work properly with the latest GTA4 patch. You have to keep the game at patch 1.0.4.0 to get the best results. That means no multiplayer or expansions. The latest version of Icenhancer is claimed to have ironed out the issues but I suspect the dev just made some compromises to keep the mod stable with the latest patch.
    You have to add an ASI script loader for the mods to work otherwise you will get crazy graphics corruption. There are two variants out there: ASI Loader and Xliveless. I tried ASI Loader with patch 1.0.4.0 and it didn't work - crazy spikes in brightness, flashing red sky and most of the cars were taxis. Xliveless worked fine but as you might have guessed from the name it entirely disables GFWL so no possibility of multiplayer.
    You will need to add a commandline.txt file and set custom memory limits for the game as the default limits are too conservative and lead to the game not loading textures after a while.
    You will also need to add a fix for car generation called trafficload. It won't ork if you didn't set up the asi loader properly. Without the fix, the only cars you'll see are taxis and copies of the car you are currently driving. You will see this in a lot of the older gta 4 mod videos before the fix came out.

All that is just for graphical enhancement mods. You then have to deal with any compatibility issues that spring up from adding gameplay mods.

I would say it took me a good month to get everything set up right, not mentioning 45Gb in backups of different versions of the game. This is on a retail version which is easier to handle than the steam version (the steam version is auto-patched to 1.0.7.0 so downgrading is another process entirely). I would never have gone through with it if the results weren't so fantastic.
    Steam profile

@mashakos wow, that sounds even more of a pain in the arse than minecraft. i wish all games just had steam workshop.
    i once saw a video for gta4 where they messed with the physics or something but the cars were all flying around the street. you'd shoot one and it would just go apeshit. can't remember what they called it. wouldn't mind trying that out.

Ah he made it sound worse then it is,i modded cars in VC and SA at ease,its same shit in GTA4. People talk bad about GTA4 because it was in such a bad state at release,sure it got fixed in one year but at release it was really bad port.

@mashakos wow, that sounds even more of a pain in the arse than minecraft. i wish all games just had steam workshop.
    i once saw a video for gta4 where they messed with the physics or something but the cars were all flying around the street. you'd shoot one and it would just go apeshit. can't remember what they called it. wouldn't mind trying that out.
    it's a hassle but it's doable. It's worth it though. Some mods are better than paid DLC in other games, like this Back to the Future mod:

Steam profile

Network Hub
    AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity + VVVVVV

Tom j