Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I like that you quoted my accidental double post 2 times unironically.
    "A new version of Windows with less features? SOLD!"

better?
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    "A new version of Windows with less features? SOLD!"

better?
    If its price reflects the reduction in unneeded features thats fine by me.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If its price reflects the reduction in unneeded features thats fine by me.
    You are only buying access to the metro app store in that case.
    Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Yeah isn't it vastly cheaper than previous versions of Windows?

Right now I can get W8 as an upgrade for €29.99. To get from Vista to 7 it cost nearly €200 and for a fresh install copy it was nearly €300. All figures are for the Pro version.

I would gladly take the reduced cost of €30 and not get features that I never used anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

Right now I can get W8 as an upgrade for €29.99. To get from Vista to 7 it cost nearly €200 and for a fresh install copy it was nearly €300. All figures are for the Pro version.

I would gladly take the reduced cost of €30 and not get features that I never used anyway.
    I have a feeling this price range won't last. There were limited offers for Win7 as well - and it came with all the features intact. I bought my oem copy of Win7 ultimate for $67.
    Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    The comments might explain why it shows up for me as $9.95, but can anyone else check?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post

Ehm what, I paid 99 euros for my win 7 standalone copy and I got to keep my vista license seperately.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    http://arstechnica.com/information-t...er-than-vista/

As said, it's probably that there was an early adopter price for Windows 7 as there is for Windows 8.

You also have to remember there are six versions of Windows 7, what one did you get for €99?

The DVD video playback codec licence cost being removed is fine by me. Also, you do realise that all you have to do is go to http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/w.../feature-packs and enter your email address to be sent a free key. I know that this offer expires in January but you don't have to already purchase Windows 8. You can get a free key now, upgrade in a year and it'll still work.

Took the plunge and got 8, I love the new Explorer & desktop improvements, while Metro is fairly intuitive for me and great for my 4 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by spacein_vader View Post
    The DVD video playback codec licence cost being removed is fine by me.
    what is the retail price of Windows 8? Not the limited offers right now.
    Steam profile

Would've been nice to post an actual download link for all this you've been drooling over. When you've got all the time to point out how awesome and must-have this is...no Media Browser link.

Also, Total Media Theater 5 costs...$99.99 that's almost 7x what I paid for Win 8...yeah...doesn't seem worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Would've been nice to post an actual download link for all this you've been drooling over. When you've got all the time to point out how awesome and must-have this is...no Media Browser link.

Also, Total Media Theater 5 costs...$99.99 that's almost 7x what I paid for Win 8...yeah...doesn't seem worth it.
    true, totalmedia theater is a bit pricey. The plugin is included with the software, even though it could have easily been an addon. I happened to have bought it a few years back.

... and, google does exist?
    Steam profile

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    true, totalmedia theater is a bit pricey. The plugin is included with the software, even though it could have easily been an addon. I happened to have bought it a few years back.

... and, google does exist?
    Really? Must write it down. But if you're going to promote something, linking it for the people to try it out themselves is pretty much common courtesy on the interwebs, is it not?

Anyways, I've been looking for a good, not high-end, universal remote that would work and get along with Media Center, TV, reciever and maybe my PS3. Maybe you have any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Really? Must write it down. But if you're going to promote something, linking it for the people to try it out themselves is pretty much common courtesy on the interwebs, is it not?

Anyways, I've been looking for a good, not high-end, universal remote that would work and get along with Media Center, TV, reciever and maybe my PS3. Maybe you have any suggestions?
    not promoting anything here, lol.

as for suggestions:
    I have a harmony 890 and love it. Not sure if it would work for you, my PC case has IR built-in. You'd also need to get one of these for the PS3. The gyration air music remote is an ok-ish universal IR remote but a brilliant Media Center remote. I use both:

EDIT: If that's too high end, the Gyration Universal Remote cost 30 bucks two years ago. If you can find it, it's a great device and would be highly recommended for cheap.
    Last edited by mashakos; 09-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    Steam profile