Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

Solium Infernum: Product Placement

*Narrator takes a sip from a sparkling can of [insertnamehere]*
    Ahh... Thats the [sweet/savoury] taste of hell right there, trust your friends to [save/betray] you and take the world on.

If you would be so kind as you copy paste and embolden your preferences I can tweak the setup to popular appeal.
    [Marketing details]:
    Map Size: 12 / 14 / 16
    Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random(decided by coin flip but not "Lake of fire")
    Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
    Game Length: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
    Infernal Census : Yes / No
    Rectification Content : Yes / No
    Sponsored by: [telecom network]/[addictive substance brand]/[cosmetic surgeon]/[social network]/\all of above

A big map, Dante's Peak doesn't have too many obstructions meaning everyone can lean on everyone else, the complete lack of places of power lead to struggles being less defined by starting luck and more by actions in the field. This is the closest thing to a blank slate in the game. The game length is long, but lets be honest, because of the amount of land wars that will be taking place over cantons blood feuds will knock players out before it is over.

I think you should give serious consideration to "fiendish energy" too. Its expensive but cantons are power here.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Not sure if im up for this game im in 6 right now! although 1 is about to end soon! if that ended right now i'd be in.
    But i have a couple of questions since im still new!

With these settings would people taking higher ranks (say prince and the one below it) be important? Reason i ask this is because with no pops you would have to do quite a bit of juggling your relics around between your stronghold attachments and ritual chamber and such if you were to buy a few! (and higher ranks give your stronghold more starting attachment slots right?). This is just my first impression which leads me onto another question u could possibly help me with!

In my first game i took prince rank but i think it might be bugged or something!
    In that game i am prince and when i demand someone lower rank than me i can only demand 3 tribute cards on the first demand from them but they can ALL demand 4 from me on their first demand! (and they are all lower ranks than me, all lower than prince.). I changed threat ratings around and it made no difference to this. Also nobody is using infernal negotiations in these instances.
    The reduced number of turns between demands because i am prince and they are lower works fine its just that the actual tribute demands seem bugged.
    Another guy in the same game said he had noticed the same problem/weirdness also when i commented on this.
    Any idea if this is a known problem or why this is the case? I thought it was rather strange since I thought it would be the other way around.

Oooh, no pops. This seems interesting.

Count me in.

There is clearly some kind of bug with higher ranks. I'm not sure what the distribution of capability to demand should be. I sent a email requesting guidance but I got no answer, pretty disappointed really as when I'd sent an email earlier requesting a 'media kit' of images for an AAR I got a fairly prompt response.
    Maybe I should try again. From what I can tell rank 4 vs rank 4 is out of sequence , as is 5 vs 3 (I think).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    That sounds interesting. I'm in.

All interested parties should pm me their email address. Once I notice 5 I'll send out the invites, if more than 5 people are interested then first smoke first serve.

Network Hub
    Well this is an interesting premise. :-) I'm ok with all the choices except maybe the game length. I'd rather play 20 tokens, but I will adjust to what the majority wants or says of course.

Map Size: 12 / 14 / 16
    Map Type: Great Rivers / Acheron's Locks / Dante's Peak / The Lake of Fire / Infernal Divide / Random(decided by coin flip but not "Lake of fire")
    Place of Power: None / Rare / Uncommon / Common
    Game Length: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25
    Infernal Census : Yes / No
    Rectification Content : Yes / No
    Sponsored by: [telecom network]/[addictive substance brand]/[cosmetic surgeon]/[social network]/\all of above

What's the problem with lake of fire if there aren't pops?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    What's the problem with lake of fire if there aren't pops?
    The Palace on the Lake of Fire will appear regardless of the PoP settings. (just ran a simulation to be sure of that)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinox View Post
    I somehow think Helio may feel different towards the Palace than you at this point in time.
    I do hate the palace from a design perspective, but if it was open to attack regardless of ownership, or occasionally declared itself neutral? Then i wouldnt mind too much.

FYI the dropbox invites have been sent, to anyone else who wants to join please get your invites in, you may not get to play but if anyone drops out before it starts you'll be first to know.

oooohhh
    Then forget about it. Crappy unbalanced pop.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    oooohhh
    Then forget about it. Crappy unbalanced pop.
    I somehow think Helio may feel different towards the Palace than you at this point in time.

Network Hub
    I'm not sure how many we're up to, but I guess I'll play as well.

Activated Node
    Sent my email in case u get a dropout

Because I am daft I uploaded the wrong file, instead take this invite file, stick it in your new games folder, run the game, generate a turn and drop it back where you got the invite.

Sorry again.

So, who is who? I am Your genetic Father, Xonir I am very disappointed with you.

I'm Xenu.

/tenchar

Network Hub
    i am fzoul

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I am Scary Demon. I'm not as scary as the guy with 15 melee though.

Network Hub
    Rinox is Xonir. :-) And he is very happy with his legion. Level 6 and 15 melee is a little more than I expected, but I ain't complaining!