Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    So I'm at work for a few more hours, but I can see a new turn is up. What happened? Did I get blown to smithereens?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Bring a bucket, and something for scraping.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    :-(

At least I won the vendetta, I suppose.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Certainly worth it, with such a huge prestige reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    *Pours a 40oz for the Plague Bearers* I might have only paid 1,1,0,1 for them but they were priceless.

Network Hub
    Only one more vendetta to go to a blood feud now though. Wait I mean two...OR DO I

Me and Helio are locked into quite the feud, if you look at the map and energy and resources we spent on each other.

If historical data is anything to go by I'd like to suggest that you carefully consider if you dare risk a Blood Fued.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If historical data is anything to go by I'd like to suggest that you carefully consider if you dare risk a Blood Fued.
    As far as I recall most of that time you were hiding behind praetors...

Oh God this is gonna end badly. ;-)

Fzoul seems to have every single item that was bought from the bazaar, so you might be ok against Helio.

Network Hub
    That would require a land route to Helio. His best route to Helio is actually through you Kelron, since he only needs 2 cantons to get access. This also allows him to bottleneck any moves into his land by Helio so the majority of his legions can focus on grabbing cantons and cornering Helio's speedy legions.

Naturally he could also try and get there through me, but it is much more impractical. As he would either need to go through multiple people or would need to go via the mountain which is a fair number of cantons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    That would require a land route to Helio. His best route to Helio is actually through you Kelron, since he only needs 2 cantons to get access. This also allows him to bottleneck any moves into his land by Helio so the majority of his legions can focus on grabbing cantons and cornering Helio's speedy legions.
    You can call me Father, Dad or Sir.

Network Hub
    Whatever you say H-man.

Network Hub
    Fzoul only has bought maybe 1/2 the items that were for sale. When someone did the ritual to make the AH cheap. I bought 3 units and someone else bought up 3+ relics/artifacts that turn at least. - also funny fact - I cant win a preator duel to save my life. lol. I just don't get the strat at that. I think its so random I'll never be good at it.

In my experience the only way to win a praetor duel it's just having a better praetor than your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    In my experience the only way to win a praetor duel it's just having a better praetor than your opponent.
    Bribing your opponents praetor just before the fight is a winner too. Just don't do it if they have a secret second praetor which is a bad ass (see modest proposal), alternate methods include manuscripts that boost stats and just not bothering to show up as you only made the praetor battle to further delay demands against you.

I was talking about the actual fight. But yes, stealing praetors before a fight is one of the best things this game lets you do.

Also if you're going to fight only do it if you have a trained praetor (unless it's very early in the game). Combat moves give a huge advantage.
    Luck is also useful.

Network Hub
    Interesting. I actually was surprised I had to even fight him. I thought I conceded to his demand, as I knew he would do a praetor challenge, as its been said its just a good delay tactic. Its actually sort of annoying, but I suppose the game needs some sort of mechanic like that in it to slow down someone from being too good at being the bully. I'll look into those other options for the next challenge.

Network Hub
    As far as conceding goes, if the resources aren't allocated correctly then it doesn't count. This can occur when a tribute pick is cancelled and re-selected.

Why are all the bad events targeting me :(

Does it tell you all what artifact was destroyed?

Why are all the bad events targeting me :(
    Because you are a bad bad man.
    Does it tell you all what artifact was destroyed?
    Yes.

Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-12-2012 at 12:11 PM.