Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh yeah, those redists are a major cause of trouble. But if the installer asks you if you want to repair or remove the program, it means that it's already installed, and you can just cancel the setup. That's what I did when I installed the demo, and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    a basic platformer with a few "oh you didn't expect that and missed stuff as a result - never mind try again" moments and so I Alt-F4'd it
    rage quitting in single player? what has the world come to?

:-)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Shall give the demo a try, looks like it could be fun.

The demo was lovely. Very, very lovely, music and visual style were so beautiful... argh! I guess I need to buy it. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    rage quitting in single player? what has the world come to?

:-)
    In fairness, after a LONG install I got a LONG intro (where the menu flies past for some reason?) and then a first level which didn't appear to do much other than tell me what the jump button was...

We'll see if it's less frustrating later on tho :)

p.s. not necessarily rage either - Alt-F4 often shuts a game instantly wheras any attempt to 'Enter Menu - wait for animation - select exit - confirm - confirm again - really confirm - await long loading time - await animated - select quit - confirm quit - acknowldge begging screen - quit again - hit Alt-F4 anyway" is less pleasant - generally speaking :)

Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    In fairness, after a LONG install I got a LONG intro (where the menu flies past for some reason?) and then a first level which didn't appear to do much other than tell me what the jump button was...
    Yep, that's Fly'n for you. Has a difficulty curve you could park a trailer on. I don't mind though, because practicing your skills with the different mechanics is seamless with level progression. It's the little things like switching dimensions to pick up a chain of pollen in one go that lets it teach you so easily, because there's no fail state and your progress doesn't get impeded.

Fly'n is now 33% off.

I've gotten World 1 100% complete now, but there are still a few spots on world 2 and 3 where I'm absolutely baffled for completion. There's nothing left for me to unlock but illustrations - and I can see those in the game files anyway - but it still hasn't gotten boring. Reaching all the collectible Helys is occasionally dastardly tricky, so the game's not without longevity.

And finally the demo download is working.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I'm actually kind of sad it's on sale, even though I haven't picked it up yet (was planning on waiting till' december.)
    Does this mean it didn't sell well?

Probably? There's no sense in feeling sad about it. Hopefully the sale will get more people to buy it. The more, the merrier.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I'm actually kind of sad it's on sale, even though I haven't picked it up yet (was planning on waiting till' december.)
    Does this mean it didn't sell well?
    I don't think sales were bad, I bet they were average. It stayed for a week in the top 100, I think, and few indie games manage to do that. Pid, for example, disappeared from the top 100 in less than a week. People forget that it is common for an indie game to be discounted fast. Also, only a few titles manage to sell really well, that's why we see so many bundles.

TotalBiscuit does a "WTF am I doing" on Fly'n. I've been expecting that for a while. It's a shame he sucks at platformers though, that really makes it seem much worse than it actually is. Except for the vagueness of the controls, that really is as bad as it seems. It helps to have a bit of intuition of what a game wants you to do, something that unfortunately not everyone has.