Obscure Node

East Coast? Night Shift? Want to game?

I should probably preface it: I mean east coast, USA .... I do know there are other coastlines out there. ;-)

Really, though, more specifically, the time is what's important. See, as you may have guessed by now, I work the night shift. This makes it hard to game with my friends, who if in my time zone all work the day shift, and if not, work whatever shift is least convenient to spend time gaming with me. (Or maybe I'm just a bad friend and they don't want to spend time with me. Who can say?) Anyway, what this is all leading up to is as follows: I want to game with friends, but none of my friends are ever around to game with me. Do you work night shift EST (or whatever covers the timeframe in your area)? Do you want to be my friend? Let's game!

For the curious, http://steamcommunity.com/id/toynbee/games
    I'm open to playing whatever is on that list or reasonably affordable, as well as other things like Starcraft II, Minecraft, and not Diablo III, WoW or LoL.. These days I tend to prefer coop - since my gaming practice has lapsed somewhat, so has my prowess, so it's kind of embarrassing to spend much time lowering my kill/death ratio in competitive games. Public humiliation, however, has nothing on gaming with a friend. If that's what it takes, I'm up for it.

One last thing: I realize I could just get on random servers and poke people, but honestly, the last few times I tried that all I found were people who exemplified the stereotypical XBL-type attitudes. I'm hoping this post will help me find something more cultured.

Network Hub
    "EST night-shift" is kind of vague. Could you maybe post times you are usually playing at ? GMT would make things easier but I think I can figure out EST times by myself ;)

P.S. Doesn't EST stand for Eastern Summer Time and ET for Eastern Time. Like CET and CEST. It's November. No way you're still in daylight saving time.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    P.S. Doesn't EST stand for Eastern Summer Time and ET for Eastern Time. Like CET and CEST. It's November. No way you're still in daylight saving time.
    It's actually Eastern Standard Time. The daylight saving version is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pmh View Post
    It's actually Eastern Standard Time. The daylight saving version is Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
    It's true! Though I confess I can never remember whether I should be using EST or EDT, in this case it looks like I got lucky. Thanks, pmh.

As for your question, Pirate, generally I get off around 8am but it varies. 8:30am is the latest I ever get home and 6:30pm is the earliest I ever leave, so at any point in that timeframe (and generally a bit beyond as well) works for me.

Network Hub
    I'm often available at that time. I don't know what games you have/want to play but I think we can find some overlap with my backlog/wishlist.Add me on steam: Pirate_PL

Obscure Node
    Will do, Pirate! Just so you know, I won't have internet until about 36 hours from now (moving, even this is on my phone :(), but I will add you when I can get online, or you're welcome to add me:
    www.steamcommunity.com/id/toynbee