View Poll Results: Are you interested in ACRE if so when?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wednesday 19.30BST

3 12.50%
  • Friday 19.30BST

12 50.00%
  • I'm interested, but the times are shit

6 25.00%
  • I hate acre and you are dumb

3 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Network Hub

Unofficial ACRE Sessions

This is not an official event,this is an event organized by members of ARPS for those who are interested in ACRE

Hello guys!

I've been talking about this for quite some time now, and finally I've bit the bullet and completed my F2 Folk with ACRE support
    They work both ways with or without ACRE.

Now i know there are quite a few people here who are interested in playing with ACRE and possibly in the future with ACE, Of course first I would like to probe our fine community on how many roughly would come to this sort of thing.

Vote above, and please if you have something more to say post away.

Resources
    http://youtu.be/09jy0in3JZs - ACRE Tutorial part one by yours truly
    http://youtu.be/CgHG0l7V-84 - ACRE Tutorial part two by yours truly
    Threeupdater - ACRE installer by yours truly (you need to install the beta patch yourself, it has it own installer,You also need to create a shortcut yourself.) (Tested on my computer and it worked fine)
    http://baystation12.net/arma/acre_install.txt - Text Install guide with troubleshooting
    http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php - Beta patches
    -Coming later-
    http://baystation12.net/arma - If you wish to install the acre files yourself.
    Last edited by Head; 31-08-2012 at 02:16 PM.

As soon as all the paperwork is complete, the ACRE-compatible build of F2 that comrade Head has been making in his Bureau of Radiophonic Simulation will be downloadable from the F2 wiki.

Looks like a modest but notable response. Are we gonna do this?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    Looks like a modest but notable response. Are we gonna do this?

Yes yes!, Since F2 stuff haven't been sorted out yet, how about i set up a small training session for tomorrow(Friday 19.30BST) so everyone can try out there ACRE and get comfortable with it?.

Sounds good.

I wonder if we'll bump into the "positional audio inexplicably not working for some people" bug..

Activated Node
    I usually run into the "ACRE's randomly not working" bug. Which is why i never really could try this. I hope i can make it this time!
    Would this use Folk's Teamspeak?

Network Hub
    Make sure you are running both Teamspeak and Arma 2 with admin rights.

EDIT:

Here's my ThreeUpdater application that will install mods for you, yay

baystation12.net/arma/threeupdater/ThreeUpdater.application
    Last edited by Head; 30-08-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    Would this use Folk's Teamspeak?
    A brand new channel, Folk ACRE, has been constructed by members of local workers' collective. A Party administrator will be along to open it officially later, but comrades can enjoy this new facility right now.

Network Hub
    Oh by the way , if there is a F2 mission you'd like to see in the mission please PM the details and il convert them to the ACRE F2(since can't really release it now)

Also here's a breif on how to test / install ACRE

Use my ThreeUpdater, Download ACRE,Jayarma2lib_new,and all three cba's.
    Install the beta patch
    Use for example the arma2 launcher to create a shortcut (dont forget the beta toggle in the second tab)( http://bit.ly/RtyVO2 )

How to Test?
    1. Join a teamspeak 3 server(for example folks)
    2. Create your own game with ACRE loaded
    3. Use CAPSLOCK if you hear the squeaks clearly you are all ready to go.

Notes:
    Remember to unset your in-game VON key if its the default "CAPSLOCK" otherwise you will broadcast.
    I'l be on the FOLK teamspeak at 19.00BST to help.

I really do hope i can get at-least one new mission going on the new F2.

Wow, that's a shitty installation process. The installer doesn't work of course (can't find "arma2co.exe"? What the hell?).

Hope it works for tonight, but not holding my breath.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
    Wow, that's a shitty installation process. The installer doesn't work of course (can't find "arma2co.exe"? What the hell?).

Hope it works for tonight, but not holding my breath.
    Well obviously you need to point it to your ARMA2 CO folder.

Try the new link..

Sorry if I came across as a bit... well, cross. Not venting any rage towards you, I was just frustrated that the installer didn't seem to work at all.

I'll try the new link, but I don't have an Arma 2 CO folder. I use the Steam version, and install all my mods and stuff from OA.

Edit: Got it to work. I'm ready for tonight and will be there.
    Last edited by TheBlobThing; 31-08-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Heureka!

Network Hub
    I just noticed the typo there, it does acually search for the arma2oa.exe and on the steam version it should be

/steamapps/Armed Assualt somethng something.

Obscure Node
    I like.

ACRE would be useful for communications.

Although, don't like their list and vehicle rack screens require ACE?

The comms seemed a lot easier to listen to and understand than cc-on-mumble - on the other hand, we didn't have 40+ people in the test session, so how it scales remains to be seen.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    The comms seemed a lot easier to listen to and understand than cc-on-mumble - on the other hand, we didn't have 40+ people in the test session, so how it scales remains to be seen.
    We can only hope, If anyone is interested in testing a mission in ACRE environment, send me a pm and il send my ACRE F2 compatible build for testing.

Activated Node
    Just a quick suggestion.
    ST Volume control

Obscure Node
    I think I would need more training/testing as I my initial impression of ACRE was that it was terrible; the fact that it disables all communication apart from the radio just seemed daft, the loss of direct communication too much - I could understand them shutting down group/side/command and vehicle chats, but only being able to communicate to a guy standing right next to you by switching to the appropriate radio and trying to figure out what channel he was on? Sweet jeebus.

But just now I read from the youtube comments from Black Mambas link above that the normal ts ptt should be directional voice, and the in game von becomes the radio! Oh, that's better - maybe something was wrong with my set up? Maybe it was working fine but I just didn't know it. It didn't help turning up late and missing the introduction, but 7:30pm is a struggle for me.

Also, I used Heads three Updater package to install and that worked a treat, very easy to use, no problems at all - all I had to do was set up an appropriate shortcut to activate the mod.

Big pointer J rides, ACRE replaces standard direct managed by the in-game VON to a direct comms that is managed through teamspeak. This results in a far more acurate and better sounding direct.

ACRE does not use ingame VON at all. (unless the server is set up wrong)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jRides View Post
    I think I would need more training/testing as I my initial impression of ACRE was that it was terrible; the fact that it disables all communication apart from the radio just seemed daft, the loss of direct communication too much - I could understand them shutting down group/side/command and vehicle chats, but only being able to communicate to a guy standing right next to you by switching to the appropriate radio and trying to figure out what channel he was on? Sweet jeebus.

But just now I read from the youtube comments from Black Mambas link above that the normal ts ptt should be directional voice, and the in game von becomes the radio! Oh, that's better - maybe something was wrong with my set up? Maybe it was working fine but I just didn't know it. It didn't help turning up late and missing the introduction, but 7:30pm is a struggle for me.

Also, I used Heads three Updater package to install and that worked a treat, very easy to use, no problems at all - all I had to do was set up an appropriate shortcut to activate the mod.

Pretty common misconception right there, ACRE adds proper 3D direct communication that actually works proper, while adding radios.

You use your normal teamspeak PTT to use it.