Angry Video Game Nerd Youtube channel shut down

http://kotaku.com/5974112/youtube-sh...e-nerd-channel

Citing "copyright violations" or something.

Well, this is an interesting turn of events...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Holy hell Kotaku has a shitty comments system.

It's back up, just shows how ridiculous the YT copyright system can be at times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Holy hell Kotaku has a shitty comments system.
    Yes:
    Who in their right mind thought comments out of sync

Was a good idea?
    I think they could not make it worse. :Does
    Why did they ever change it?

It:

(Above is an attempt to emulate Kotaku for all those blessed with a work DNS server that blocks the poor attempt it's become at a website (no idea about the journalism as I can't stand to even look at it long enough to read anymore :( )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Many of my favourite reviewers were forced off Youtube after they gained enough popularity and attention. I figured if AVG has lasted this long, he must have some kind of protection.

Banned
    That sounds nice, but can we get a real news webzone as a source?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    En passant, am I the only person who gets pissed off by the use of "reached out to" instead of "contacted"? It's exactly the sort of crap touchy-feely language that makes me want to kick baby bunnies to death when I read it.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Many of my favourite reviewers were forced off Youtube after they gained enough popularity and attention. I figured if AVG has lasted this long, he must have some kind of protection.
    I've not watched him in a long while but I'm pretty sure he also hosts his videos on Blip, like most internet reviewers.

I seem to remember several reviewers just abandoning YouTube altogether for repeated shutdowns/deletions for enfringement/content?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I've not watched him in a long while but I'm pretty sure he also hosts his videos on Blip, like most internet reviewers.

I seem to remember several reviewers just abandoning YouTube altogether for repeated shutdowns/deletions for enfringement/content?
    SpoonyOne and Nostalgia Critic come to mind, I don't think either one has a presence on Youtube anymore. Plinkett seems to have given up hosting full reviews there and settles for a trailer plugging it on his own site.

Armake and UrinatingTree (or Fat Mann) took their pages down due to unrelated personal reasons, but I'm pretty sure PlayitBogart was one of the victims of Youtube's reprimands.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    En passant, am I the only person who gets pissed off by the use of "reached out to" instead of "contacted"? It's exactly the sort of crap touchy-feely language that makes me want to kick baby bunnies to death when I read it.
    I think that's a problem that only pertains very specifically to you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    reached out and contacted do not mean the same thing tough. that's why they used reach out to not create confusion,

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Has any more of a reason been given? Is this to do with what's going on with Sega Japan or something else?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    No, I have the same problem. I used to work at a place where everyone only ever used the phrase "reach out to", as if they were talking about trying to rescue a troubled youth from his own destructive life patterns, instead of talking about sending a coworker an email to see if he'd figured out why our website was breaking in Internet Explorer 8.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    No, I have the same problem. I used to work at a place where everyone only ever used the phrase "reach out to", as if they were talking about trying to rescue a troubled youth from his own destructive life patterns, instead of talking about sending a coworker an email to see if he'd figured out why our website was breaking in Internet Explorer 8.
    And the bunnies? A nonchalant punt I could see, but to death?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably got hit by the automated copyright robot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Wrong, I hate it too, but because I think they're trying to make it sound more dramatic than it is. Like how politicians who don't agree with their bosses are 'rebels'. Nope, you're an Eton alum in a suit who disagrees with a chap who was in the year below you or something.