Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Also - why the fuck do you need water cooling?
    why do you need watercooling. in a small case. that has no airflow.

I give up, this is a clusterfuck.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post

Dictionary According to Mashy:
    clusterfuck: n. A situation in which screaming, calling people retarded, and repeatedly pretending one knows better than everyone else fails.

Seriously though mashy, I STRONGLY suggest you watch something as simple as "How It's Made" on Discovery (I think they are the ones who air it). Yes, they have a lot of fully automated assembly lines, but they also have some good old fashioned, unskilled laborers, borderline sweatshops. And you will be amazed by the complexity of what they can do.

Not because they are trained extensively. Far from it. In general, there might be one, possibly two, people who have more knowledge than the average enthusiast. Everyone else is just really practiced at doing what they do. Because for them, it isn't "Insert tab A into slot B". It is "Insert tab A239 into slot B452. Now do it again on the next one down the line, and repeat". And when every 4 year old vietnamese child just has to insert one tab into one slot for 18 hours every day, they get pretty good at it.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    On a note more related to what mashy's vision is (even if he has no idea about execution), I do think the world is ripe for a utility that would pseudo-automatically optimize/mod games and the like. Sort of like a cross between that torchlight mod manager/downloader and the geforce experience. A tool that will scan what you have installed and offer suggestions as to what settings should be set to what. Obviously the problem there is different hardware configurations (not sure how the geforce one works, but considering that it thinks I should be running The WItcher 2 at 800x600, something may be hinky :p), but that is why I suggest a more "suggestion" oriented case where you can just click a checkbox next to something, with suggestions as to whether you should implement said suggestions.

But there is no need to package that with a "Premium Alienware" or whatever.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post

Small cases and not having airflows are not related, you know :) (and the cases in the post you linked are not all that small). As for the rest - I refer to gundato.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Probably has no airflow because the water cooling is taking up all the space!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Small cases and not having airflows are not related, you know :)
    I was being completely literal in my post of course :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Banned
    Chillax gentlemen before one of you has an aneurysm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Dictionary According to Mashy:
    clusterfuck: n. A situation in which screaming, calling people retarded, and repeatedly pretending one knows better than everyone else fails.

Seriously though mashy, I STRONGLY suggest you watch something as simple as "How It's Made" on Discovery (I think they are the ones who air it). Yes, they have a lot of fully automated assembly lines, but they also have some good old fashioned, unskilled laborers, borderline sweatshops. And you will be amazed by the complexity of what they can do.

Not because they are trained extensively. Far from it. In general, there might be one, possibly two, people who have more knowledge than the average enthusiast. Everyone else is just really practiced at doing what they do. Because for them, it isn't "Insert tab A into slot B". It is "Insert tab A239 into slot B452. Now do it again on the next one down the line, and repeat". And when every 4 year old vietnamese child just has to insert one tab into one slot for 18 hours every day, they get pretty good at it.
    Related.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Those upgrades sound useful, and I imagine they would open up the accessibility of pc gaming to a new market, but it would all depend on the price. The cost of a good gaming PC is already going to dwarf the cost of even the newest console. That could actually affect the price either way, since if you're already spending that much on the system, why not tack on an extra 10% to 15% for the bonus features. Either way, it would be hard to say without seeing a concrete price.