Network Hub

Am I going mad or (Mount & Blade RPS Feature)

I seem to recall an RPS M&B feature with the protagonist being a female instead of a male. I can't find anything using google search. Does it exist? Did I invent it in a dream? Am I getting websites confused?

HALP

Network Hub
    I don't know what you're freaking out about, but yes, you can create a female protagonist in M&B.

The only M&B RPS feature I can remember it was Quinns, and he was playing as a male.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    The only M&B RPS feature I can remember it was Quinns, and he was playing as a male.
    Shit, I was sure I remembered one about playing a Lady. Quinns was about With Fire and Sword as I recall.

Network Hub
    I am not aware of being able to create a female protagonist though. :)

I'm now playing as a female character. Of course it's a warband feature and it's not in vanilla M&B

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    There are like 10 or so achievements exclusive to female character so there's that. Also, sexism is rampant in Calradia so you'd get a quite different experience than playing as a male character.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

I'm almost convinced you can play as a lady-type in the original M&B, but I don't have it installed any more.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I'm now playing as a female character. Of course it's a warband feature and it's not in vanilla M&B
    That's not true. When I played M&B I made a female character, and this was before Warband came out.

My mistake then.

yeah, i agree it,
    I'm almost convinced you can play as a lady-type in the original M&B, very good, thanks for your sharing

I'm almost sure there was an AAR of M&B with a lady as the protagonist on here somewhere. Maybe we share our fever dreams?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    I'm almost sure there was an AAR of M&B with a lady as the protagonist on here somewhere. Maybe we share our fever dreams?
    So it seems, so it seems.

:(

Yeah the original definitely let you play as a lady. The only one that didn't was With Fire and Sword, but I think they patched that in after complaints. Not sure about that though, I haven't played it in quite a while.

The only diary I remember of anything Mount and Blade related was Quinns' diary on With Fire and Sword.

Fire and Sword? That was a mount and blade mod, no? Either way, yeah. They did, originally at-least.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    So it seems, so it seems.

:(
    I think one Keiron Gilliam did one or more diary style pieces on the game back in the dawn of time (2007). If I remember correctly, these were the first RPS articles on Mount and Blade ever, when the game was still in Alpha. And it could be that the character's name was Ada Lovelace (his usual name for female characters), though I'm not sure about that.