Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Activated Node

Does GTA 5 Look Amazing or What........

So.......................................... I am super pumped for this game... but bummed I have to wait 6 months after the consoles get it to play it... with that being said I am going to most likely buy a console this black friday just to play this game :)

(Sorry for the commentary at the start I was reaching my audience letting them know how excited I am)

>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Has it been confirmed that Rockstar will port it to PC? I haven't seen any mention of an official statement from them.

Activated Node
    Yeah Im pretty sure I had read a post that they will be bringing it to PC 6 months after the release of the console version?

Ill try to dig that up for you.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Has it been confirmed that Rockstar will port it to PC? I haven't seen any mention of an official statement from them.
    yeah. there seems to be news for a pc version. I can't think of this game without a pc version though. i have an xbox but i like playing the GTA series on my PC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Jobless gaming community - lol!

I don't know, will be pumped when I see how GTA 5 looks with ENBSeries :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I am not that impressed by the visuals to be honest,it looks very similar to GTA4,only in more colorfol way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I am not that impressed by the visuals to be honest,it looks very similar to GTA4,only in more colorfol way.
    Well, it's still built for the same console generation. But yeah, I can't quite shake the feeling that this is to GTA IV what San Andreas was to GTA III.

Why will it take so long to come to the PC? Is it an exclusivity deal, or does it take them extra time to port it?

Activated Node
    Lol you guys are too much :P

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think the graphics look to be a bit of step up (remember, this is definitely console footage, what with the PC version not being announced yet,) but the animation of the characters is fairly terrible. I suppose it is somewhat forgiveable that R* aren't able to reach the heights of Max Payne 3 animation in a much larger open world game, but they could surely have done more with the money that is inevitably being pumped into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    the animation of the characters is fairly terrible.
    Would you care to name some games with better character animation? (besides Max Payne 3) I'd like to know what you're comparing it with if GTA V is so far down on the scale that it might be considered "fairly terrible".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    I think the graphics look to be a bit of step up (remember, this is definitely console footage, what with the PC version not being announced yet,) but the animation of the characters is fairly terrible. I suppose it is somewhat forgiveable that R* aren't able to reach the heights of Max Payne 3 animation in a much larger open world game, but they could surely have done more with the money that is inevitably being pumped into this.
    the one thing I can't fault GTA in is the animation. They've consistently done a brilliant job considering the complexity of the open world environment they're going for.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Activated Node
    Consoles are computers too, you know. I'm fairly sure the footage is rendered on a machine consisting of powerful current-gen hardware like most games for marketing purposes (videos, screenshots) with a ridiculous amount of extra post-processing effects and anti-aliasing added. If you're expecting to find those flawlessly smooth lines in the final playable product in your hands I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment :\

Obscure Node
    I like the presentation. It really seems like some long-form movie trailer, except you know you can do most of that stuff outside cinematic. And yes, I know gamers are always complaining about comparison to movies. The difference here is that it presents the plot as if it has the depth of a good movie (which many games don't have, at least in character development), while also displaying the action and game mechanics that you get to play with.

As for the graphics, aren't those tessilated? I thought current gen consoles couldn't do tessilation, so either those are the graphics of the inevitable PC version, it's releasing for the Wii U, or they are majorly doctoring the output.

Activated Node
    Aparently they normally take that long to port it over.. but here is a press release for us not to worry about it :P

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-...e-out-tomorrow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
    Aparently they normally take that long to port it over.. but here is a press release for us not to worry about it :P

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-...e-out-tomorrow
    That's just a speculation based on Rockstar's track record......

But I so much want it!! G.T.A.V, inevitable.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    That's just a speculation based on Rockstar's track record......

But I so much want it!! G.T.A.V, inevitable.

I do too :D:D:D:D:D but for now I am good with the other mindless FPS's I am playing :D

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Triple AAA shooters haha,who speaks like that xD
    I do too :D:D:D:D:D but for now I am good with the other mindless FPS's I am playing :D
    What's up with all these smileys XDD It's reminds me too much of ironic shitposting

After GTA IV I'm going with cautious optimism with this one. With one the primary characters have family and all something will bound to happen to them thus it will all go Idoitforsomejusticereason anti-hero again.

At least one of three looks like ye olden days of GTA character so most crazy things would happen with him. I guess three protagonists is a great idea actually. But it's manly man doing manly things. If only they bow down to the feminists and include a female protagonist too (which is interesting for how it would work actually).
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 15-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlonePlusEasyTarget View Post
    If only they bow down to the feminists and include a female protagonist too (which is interesting for how it would work actually).
    Quick question:

Why is adding a female protagonist "bowing down to the feminists?"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I've seen some side-by-side comparisons and it's basically the previous game only with brighter textures. Which is still a good thing, but not as a mind-blowing as some people seem to be giving it credit for.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!