Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Activated Node

Does GTA 5 Look Amazing or What........

So.......................................... I am super pumped for this game... but bummed I have to wait 6 months after the consoles get it to play it... with that being said I am going to most likely buy a console this black friday just to play this game :)

(Sorry for the commentary at the start I was reaching my audience letting them know how excited I am)

>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Has it been confirmed that Rockstar will port it to PC? I haven't seen any mention of an official statement from them.

Activated Node
    Yeah Im pretty sure I had read a post that they will be bringing it to PC 6 months after the release of the console version?

Ill try to dig that up for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Jobless gaming community - lol!

I don't know, will be pumped when I see how GTA 5 looks with ENBSeries :)
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I am not that impressed by the visuals to be honest,it looks very similar to GTA4,only in more colorfol way.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I am not that impressed by the visuals to be honest,it looks very similar to GTA4,only in more colorfol way.
    Well, it's still built for the same console generation. But yeah, I can't quite shake the feeling that this is to GTA IV what San Andreas was to GTA III.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think the graphics look to be a bit of step up (remember, this is definitely console footage, what with the PC version not being announced yet,) but the animation of the characters is fairly terrible. I suppose it is somewhat forgiveable that R* aren't able to reach the heights of Max Payne 3 animation in a much larger open world game, but they could surely have done more with the money that is inevitably being pumped into this.

Why will it take so long to come to the PC? Is it an exclusivity deal, or does it take them extra time to port it?

Activated Node
    Aparently they normally take that long to port it over.. but here is a press release for us not to worry about it :P

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-...e-out-tomorrow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRobin View Post
    Aparently they normally take that long to port it over.. but here is a press release for us not to worry about it :P

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-...e-out-tomorrow
    That's just a speculation based on Rockstar's track record......

But I so much want it!! G.T.A.V, inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    the animation of the characters is fairly terrible.
    Would you care to name some games with better character animation? (besides Max Payne 3) I'd like to know what you're comparing it with if GTA V is so far down on the scale that it might be considered "fairly terrible".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    I think the graphics look to be a bit of step up (remember, this is definitely console footage, what with the PC version not being announced yet,) but the animation of the characters is fairly terrible. I suppose it is somewhat forgiveable that R* aren't able to reach the heights of Max Payne 3 animation in a much larger open world game, but they could surely have done more with the money that is inevitably being pumped into this.
    the one thing I can't fault GTA in is the animation. They've consistently done a brilliant job considering the complexity of the open world environment they're going for.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

I've seen some side-by-side comparisons and it's basically the previous game only with brighter textures. Which is still a good thing, but not as a mind-blowing as some people seem to be giving it credit for.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

It looks better than some triple AAA shooters that are out now and that's without considering the fact that it's a huge open world instead of some linear corridor shooter. Color me impressed.

Of course, GTA IV also looked amazing, but it played like crap so there's that to consider.

Also, if we consider that this game does a LOT more than a lot of graphically "superior" games that are out now I just get more impressed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Triple AAA shooters haha,who speaks like that xD

AAAAAAAAA shooters are the bestest of shooters, obviously.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Activated Node
    Lol you guys are too much :P

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    That's just a speculation based on Rockstar's track record......

But I so much want it!! G.T.A.V, inevitable.

I do too :D:D:D:D:D but for now I am good with the other mindless FPS's I am playing :D

You know what I mean! That stuff that sells like hot-cakes but has all the imagination of a piece of chalk.

Activated Node
    Consoles are computers too, you know. I'm fairly sure the footage is rendered on a machine consisting of powerful current-gen hardware like most games for marketing purposes (videos, screenshots) with a ridiculous amount of extra post-processing effects and anti-aliasing added. If you're expecting to find those flawlessly smooth lines in the final playable product in your hands I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment :\