Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronSky View Post
    GTA5 doesn't actually look that impressive to me. Am I the only one?
    From a technical point of view, it looks impressive in the promos. But so was GTA 4 - Looked great but a very mediocre (and grindy) game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    This might interest some here:

steam: sketch

Still no PC logo. Y U SO OBTUSE, ROCKSTAR?
    There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Sleeping Dogs looks to me more like what GTA should have been from a serious point of view, and Saints Row 3 onwards what it should have been like from a mayhem simulation point of view.

Basically GTA dosen't have a personality that extends beyond it's marketing and modelling. It's marketing and modelling are quite exceptionally good, but it fails as a game for me.

Women as playable characters!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    That was probably the only thing shown that was also in IV:p

Content creation. Hmm. I am very excited.
    steam: sketch

Banned
    Nobody notices that the female is dressed exactly like Blanche from Drive.

I am dissapoint.

But as long as I can have a scorpion jacket with driving gloves or a varsity jacket with various animal masks, my customisation appetite will be fulfilled

Banned
    Don't ask me how, but watch whilst you can before it's down. Footage of an Ingame F.I.B TV show. : -

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13...lay_videogames

Meh and it's gone.

In short. Looks like they've done a lot of work on the ingame animations, and tonally although the jokes are still there, it's less lathered on as before.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 09-09-2013 at 01:49 PM.

I always laugh when people say "FINALLY! I can play a woman in a GTA game!"...Then I point out that in the original you could pick a female character (Granted there were no differences at all to the player, and rightfully so).

Anyway, on Topic, GTA 5 does look fantastic, and has been pointed out, so did GTA4 until it came time to play that dreary, grey, illogical social experiment... I'll be picking it up for console-box-toy, but will look forward to the PC release if it's as good as it currently looks and doesn't pull a Molyneux.
    Yes, I update the below link frequently on a whisky fuelled rampage. I regret nothing.

Being a grumpy bastard about everything gaming related.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    If it’s anything like the others it will be fun to watch, not so much to play

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Well people have different taste,i got SR3 for free on steam and can't stand the game. It plays as shitty version of gta,driving & shooting is beyond medicore,also with all that weird stuff they trowed in the game it feels as they didn't know what to do,it feels very disconnected.

On other hand only bad thing in GTA4 were repetitive missions,and no variety. They nailed the gameplay and everything else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well people have different taste,i got SR3 for free on steam and can't stand the game. It plays as shitty version of gta,driving & shooting is beyond medicore,also with all that weird stuff they trowed in the game it feels as they didn't know what to do,it feels very disconnected.

On other hand only bad thing in GTA4 were repetitive missions,and no variety. They nailed the gameplay and everything else.
    Driving in GTA 4 was horrible. Most of the missions are forgettable. Most of the supporting cast just get annoying because they don't leave you alone. All of the fun side missions where removed, there's no insane stunt bonuses etc. The shooting consisted of Lock On + Slightly press thumb stick up for head shot. You can't aim your gun for a drive by without firing the damn thing.

I liked GTA 4 before I'm accused of being a hater and I'm looking forward to 5, I'm even tempted to dust of that relic of an xbox I have somewhere to play it instead of waiting a few months, but GTA 4 missed a lot of what made the series great. It looks like they realized that for 5 though and put it all back in.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't care if it will have boring missions. I've spend countless hours just driving around map in GTA San Andreas.
    GTA5 will have:
    a) BIGGER map (including small towns, forests, mountains etc. - all thing I was missing in GTA4)
    b) better graphics
    c) (hopefully) more possibilities than in San Andreas

It's enough for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    I don't care if it will have boring missions. I've spend countless hours just driving around map in GTA San Andreas.
    GTA5 will have:
    a) BIGGER map (including small towns, forests, mountains etc. - all thing I was missing in GTA4)
    b) better graphics
    c) (hopefully) more possibilities than in San Andreas

It's enough for me.
    Good for you. However the rest of us want an engaging single player experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Not exactly good as I doesn't have console and R* still didn't announced PC release date which will be probably 2014 Q4 or something like that.
    BTW, it's not that I don't want this game to have a great missions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Good for you. However the rest of us want an engaging single player experience.

Engaging as SR3/4 single player right haha

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Engaging as SR3/4 single player right haha
    That's a real high bar, tbh.

Rob a bank dressed as mascot versions of yourselves, hijack a plane from the outside, raid a national guard armory, parachute onto a penthouse, play an ultra-violent game show, rob a gun manufacturer, blow up a building full of monster clones, team up with an auto-tuned pimp and Hulk Hogan, kidnap prostitutes, chauffeur prostitutes, battle hooker assassins, get sold as a sex slave, streak, build an army of ninja hookers, play TRON, play a text-based adventure game, assault a nuclear power plant, mind-control people with Japanese squids, chauffeur live tigers, run around on fire, play in traffic, chainsaw luchadores, kill people with landsharks, steal a fighter jet, blow up an aircraft carrier, hijack another plane from the outside, fly a tank, meet Burt Reynolds, fight zombies, make a movie, make another movie, play another ultra-violent game show, gain superpowers, battle terrorists, meet Keith David, become the President of the United States, play in a 50s sitcom, surf UFOs, play another text-based adventure game, gain more superpowers, hijack a spaceship, blow up the Earth, play TRON again, play Battle Tanks, learn to fly, play a side-scrolling beat-em-up, learn telekinesis, battle a hundred-foot can of soda, drive the Statue of Liberty, play yet another ultra-violent game show, kill people with dubstep, fight your past selves, have sex with everybody you know, meet Roddy Piper, take over an intergalactic empire, time travel.

Non-exhaustive spoilers above ;)
    Last edited by Nalano; 09-09-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    ^But does it have delusional character that always talk about how he doesn't want to kill anybody and then he goes on killing spree running over pedestrians with his car and gunning down 100 police officers?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    The biggest problem GTA V has now is being as enjoyable to play as SR4. I never thought I'd say this, but Saints Row may have bettered the game that inspired it.

GTA4 was the first GTA game (since the original!) that I didn't complete. I got bored - some missions were great, but some were really dull. I'm definitely going to complete SR4 because every story mission is brilliant and even the sidequests are pretty good (and sometimes lead into a whole rabbit-hole of meta-commentary awesomeness). I think that level of creativity and innovation will be a tough bar for GTA V to beat.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 09-09-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GameCat View Post
    ^But does it have delusional character that always talk about how he doesn't want to kill anybody and then he goes on killing spree running over pedestrians with his car and gunning down 100 police officers?
    Yes, actually! His name is Julius, and you kill him in Saints Row 2.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen