Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    AAAAAAAAA shooters are the bestest of shooters, obviously.
    Campaign length: 23 minutes
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I'm gonna go with "what".

Also, shut up. Seriously. People want to watch the trailer, not hear you gobbling away for almost half of the goddamn thing.

Also, nice shameless plug-in.

Banned
    Gotta love that chubby kid's tattoo on his neck. He must be a PC gamer.

It reads entitled.

I hope that dog's a playable character, that really would be an innovation.

I had a look at that side by side footage (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1144966...omparison.html) and it does look better for sure. It's not exactly leaps and bounds but I'm quite impressed by how alive the sense of place is in V. Not that that means the immersion won't be shattered the first time your character cries over a moral quandry having just mowed down half the city ;o)

Obscure Node
    I like the presentation. It really seems like some long-form movie trailer, except you know you can do most of that stuff outside cinematic. And yes, I know gamers are always complaining about comparison to movies. The difference here is that it presents the plot as if it has the depth of a good movie (which many games don't have, at least in character development), while also displaying the action and game mechanics that you get to play with.

As for the graphics, aren't those tessilated? I thought current gen consoles couldn't do tessilation, so either those are the graphics of the inevitable PC version, it's releasing for the Wii U, or they are majorly doctoring the output.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just hope they keep the driving and shooting mechanics.

Network Hub AlonePlusEasyTarget's Avatar
    Triple AAA shooters haha,who speaks like that xD
    I do too :D:D:D:D:D but for now I am good with the other mindless FPS's I am playing :D
    What's up with all these smileys XDD It's reminds me too much of ironic shitposting

After GTA IV I'm going with cautious optimism with this one. With one the primary characters have family and all something will bound to happen to them thus it will all go Idoitforsomejusticereason anti-hero again.

At least one of three looks like ye olden days of GTA character so most crazy things would happen with him. I guess three protagonists is a great idea actually. But it's manly man doing manly things. If only they bow down to the feminists and include a female protagonist too (which is interesting for how it would work actually).
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 15-11-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq
    7:03 AM - The Player of Games: Play by email, FPS edition

Steam|Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by AlonePlusEasyTarget View Post
    If only they bow down to the feminists and include a female protagonist too (which is interesting for how it would work actually).
    Quick question:

Why is adding a female protagonist "bowing down to the feminists?"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Quick question:

Thread being turned into nothing but fallacies and bullshit "There is no such thing!" arguments by 4chan posters in 5...4...3...2...
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I've never once heard anyone, let alone a feminist demand a female protagonist in a GTA game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I love when people brand other people's content as their own with overlong, overflashy, ridiculous Youtube intros.

Love. It.

Also, having not yet seen this game actually being played, it's hard to say what it's going to look like. Rockstar are quite good at trailers, and their screenshots look great, but they're in a bit of a habit of overselling on the visuals in marketing. Not that GTA IV looks bad. I think it's pretty pretty, actually.

If only they bow down to the feminists and include a female protagonist too.

This is a crazy thing to say.

Quick question:

What? The last few months doesn't tell you anything? Or have you already forgotten about Anita? Maybe because she didn't even release a single promised video...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've never once heard anyone, let alone a feminist demand a female protagonist in a GTA game.
    Have you been to Twitterland lately? Even our dearest writers which you all know their views on such things ask for the same thing.

It can work on Saints Row because how crazy over the top it is but can it be done if Rockstar North continue their storyline of gritty realistic crime plot with female protagonist? Will there be disconnect?
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 15-11-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    7:03 AM - Alone + Easy Target: sscscccccacescsqaqdsqsqqsqqqeeeeeeeeeeeseesqecccee eeeedsssssssssqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeq

Steam|Last.FM

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    You know what I mean! That stuff that sells like hot-cakes but has all the imagination of a piece of chalk.
    Are somehow forced to buy these games in your country?
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

What? The last few months doesn't tell you anything? Or have you already forgotten about Anita? Maybe because she didn't even release a single promised video...

Have you been to Twitterland lately? Even our dearest writers which you all know their views on such things ask for the same thing.

It can work on Saints Row because how crazy over the top it is but can it be done if Rockstar North continue their storyline of gritty realistic crime plot with female protagonist? Will there be disconnect?
    Let's pretend I actually give two fucks about GTA, to say nothing of actively seeking out previews for it.

I wanna read it from your own words: How is it "bowing down to the feminists" to add a female protagonist?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I wanna read it from your own words: How is it "bowing down to the feminists" to add a female protagonist?
    Does it make it any better if I worded it so that it sounds less harsh? How about pandering to the feminist? No that doesn't sound good. So how about listening to the feminist and try to make do with it? Or should I put as "bowing down to the feminists' demand"?

Steam|Last.FM

Does it make it any better if I worded it so that it sounds less harsh? How about pandering to the feminist? No that doesn't sound good. So how about listening to the feminist and try to make do with it? Or should I put as "bowing down to the feminists' demand"?
    I was going to hand you a shovel, but you've apparently brought your own.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I was going to hand you a shovel, but you've apparently brought your own.
    And this people didn't get the tone of the post and instead arguing about something else.
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 15-11-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: You might want to nitpick my grammar too!

Steam|Last.FM

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    If GTA had a female protagonist she'd be half cleavage and half ass. Hardly a feminist demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    If GTA had a female protagonist she'd be half cleavage and half ass. Hardly a feminist demand.
    If she's a prostitute/stripper I guess but that entirely depends on the background. I remember the protagonist's girlfriend from the Lost and the Damned and she's just a fully dressed (you know, biker gang-like) crackpot - no sexualization there. It's not a definite so it depends on how Rockstar North wants to take it.

I use that example as one of the women who are in criminal-related background but not just bitches and whores. Citing Kate would be different as although she's in a criminal family she would never do any crime.
    Last edited by AlonePlusEasyTarget; 15-11-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Steam|Last.FM