Obscure Node

Can you use both mouse and controller inputs simultaneously?

Is there any software to allow analogue joystick input with a controller and mouse input at the same time? ​(for games which otherwise disable it)

I've been trying to find out how to use both recently. I want the analogue motion of a controller joystick, but the fine camera control of a mouse.
    Some games let you use both mouse and controller schemes simultaneously (Psychonauts, which has no need for it), but most I've tried don't seem to. They either force you to pick one in the options menu and stick with it, or lock the mouse while using a controller and visa versa. (Deus Ex: HR for example)

In case it's relevant, I use a PS3 controller and Motion Joy. (I'll buy a 360 controller if necessary for the software)
    I know you can map the WASD keys to the joystick, but to my knowledge there is no way to make WASD inputs acknowledged as analogue rather than digital.

My brother and I tried this once but we couldn't find any games back then that would allow it.

I haven't tried anything like this recently.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminyJickers View Post
    My brother and I tried this once but we couldn't find any games back then that would allow it.

I haven't tried anything like this recently.
    I know that there are PC "nunchuck" controllers, which I assume are for just this reason, but it seems to me that most prevent it.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Why would you want to reduce yourself to 2 hotkeys on your left hand? (the triggers) I'm used to being able to have upto 27 hotkeys (shift and control modifiers), the vast majority of games require at very least 4-5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    um, never had a game that disabled the mouse when a controller is used. ??
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Why would you want to reduce yourself to 2 hotkeys on your left hand? (the triggers) I'm used to being able to have upto 27 hotkeys (shift and control modifiers), the vast majority of games require at very least 4-5.
    For some games it's better.
    Also, my intention is to hold the controller above the keyboard so I can still hit hotkeys. (On the controller you can have more than two buttons. Two is only if you literally use a Wii Nunchuck.)
    Additionally you could always add a gaming mouse into that, I think I just heard of one with 27 different mapable combinations (with "shift" buttons).

Quote Originally Posted by mashakos View Post
    um, never had a game that disabled the mouse when a controller is used. ??
    Really? I've only recently gotten a PC powerful enough to play more than the most basic of indie games, so I don't have much of a library to check it with.
    As I said, Deus Ex: HR is one example. Just Cause 2 also limits mouse movement (It severely decreases mouse sensitivity when using both).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    XCom does this. It will still give you a pointer to move around with the mouse (sometimes) if you enable gamepad control, but you can't click on anything or use the wheel to zoom. It basically changes the entire interface, and the two interfaces aren't compatible.