Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus

When new releases go wrong...

It's like a slow-motion car crash over here

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204960/discussions/

Not gone terribly well so far (about 3 hours) then :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Steam community forums... that place is a kindergarten with no useful content or information no matter what the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Oh, I don't know... they're almost better than the Youtube comments section, and that's saying a lot! Nothing good though...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    And now I'm even more convinced of waiting until the Xmas sale before picking this up. IF I ever pick it up. Jesus.

Activated Node
    Yea, that's what happens if you run out of time/money at the end of a development process... and there's not enough time for a proper beta test.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Let's be honest, releasing a game which appears to have the following key assignments

"d" for right and "s" for down "q" for left and "z" for up

and the only way of changing them is in a config file

Is not big or clever... ;)

Yes, I know, German keyboard layout - but it shows Steam obviously apply zero quality control to games.

I'd assumed they did some testing - at least to confirm the game would actually work!? :)

Is that really Steam's responsibility trjp? Aren't they just there for distributing it?
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Let's be honest, releasing a game which appears to have the following key assignments

Seriously? Wow... that's like ignoring 20 years of PC gaming. It's either a bold or a very, very stupid move.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    Is that really Steam's responsibility trjp? Aren't they just there for distributing it?
    Well, in part it is... as Steam claims to only accept games that reach a certain level of quality. That's also what required the whole "Greenlight" community.

Looks like this game would've never have passed neither Greenlight, nor Steam internal QA procedures.
    Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkard View Post

Well, in part it is... as Steam claims to only accept games that reach a certain level of quality.
    Mmmf, that's been developers claiming that, not Valve.
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times
    Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post

Yes, I know, German keyboard layout - but it shows Steam obviously apply zero quality control to games.

I'd assumed they did some testing - at least to confirm the game would actually work!? :)
    I don't think you can blame that on German keyboard layout (even if it is weird). All those keys are in the same positions, except for z - which is where y is on a normal keyboard.

So q-d = left-right, y-s = up-down. That's ridiculously bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    French. French keyboard layout.

Activated Node
    French! That explains everything then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Steam community forums... that place is a kindergarten with no useful content or information no matter what the game.
    Comparing every forum to this one isn't very fair.

Network Hub
    Let's stop berating the community for a second and consider that distributing a game into a country with a different keyboard layout than your local one without any consideration for what playability issues this might cause is entirely 100% developer's fault.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I wanted to complain about you linking to the community discussion instead of the classic Steam forum. Then I realised this doesn't even have an old-style forum.
    Fuck Valve's "improvements". I'd take 2007's Steam over this shit if I could.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 16-11-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    So no community, overlay, Steamworks, cloud support, Mac, daily sales, mobile, big picture, greenlight or applications?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    It's funny because it's completely wrong. They pretty much universally have stickies which list most common issues with solutions and tweaks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    So no community, overlay, Steamworks, cloud support, Mac, daily sales, mobile, big picture, greenlight or applications?
    None of those matter to me. Cloud even fucked with my progress in a couple of games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    That sounds good to me! I don't know about 2007's Steam, but yeah, get rid of all that. Get rid of Steam altogether and I'm a happy gamer. It's SO slooooow.

It seem some people have crash when running the game. For some it's because they have not Directx 9 up to date, Another crash reason come back often is a hard crash after automatic save, for this reason it's your firewall who lock the game in this case you need simply to desactivate then activate your firewall and run the game, then a firewall popup will open just say yes to authorize the game. Finally if you have a Hard crash causing by not of these reason thanks to send us by mail your game.log in your steam game folder at golgoth21@golgothstudio.com and we will check case by case what's happen.
    Man, I was gonna get this game because hell-yeah old school puzzle action, but seemingly it's been developed by Manuel from Fawlty Towers.