Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    ...and then don't show interest in a game that does everything they keep complaining about right, are hypocrits.
    Maybe they just don't like NS2? I mean it's a multiplayer FPS/RTS game, I can see why some people might not want to play it. There's nothing hypocritical about that.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Maybe they just don't like NS2? I mean it's a multiplayer FPS/RTS game, I can see why some people might not want to play it. There's nothing hypocritical about that.
    They wouldn't know if they liked it or not if they haven't given it a chance, I'm talking about people whining about cod then not giving games that are the antithesis of cod the light of day.

I can also see why some people wouldn't want to play ns2 (cod players) ;just not the people who claim they want something different than cod 759..

Again, if you bash cod then ignore the games that are a mod supporting gameplay championing throwback to teambased pc gaming then you are a hypocrit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    They wouldn't know if they liked it or not if they haven't given it a chance, I'm talking about people whining about cod then not giving games that are the antithesis of cod the light of day.

I can also see why some people wouldn't want to play ns2 (cod players) ;just not the people who claim they want something different than cod 759..

Again, if you bash cod then ignore the games that are a mod supporting gameplay championing throwback to teambased pc gaming then you are a hypocrit.
    I don't like CoD, I'm not terribly interested in NS2 (tho it has an interesting premise), and I'm perfectly happy with BL2.

So this is me doing a happy little tapdance of fuckery over your silly little theory.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

They wouldn't know if they liked it or not if they haven't given it a chance
    I've never had someone pour acid on my face, but I already know I wouldn't like it.

There are lots of games that are different from CoD 759, but that doesn't mean that people will enjoy them.

Where does that leave Team Fortress 2? TF2 != CoD nor NS2. It's entirely possible for someone to like TF2 but not NS2 or CoD. You're being laughably simplistic and narrow-minded. Nobody is being a... *ahem* "hypocrit" in not liking CoD or NS2.

Banned
    Someone hasn't played firefall, what a turd of a game:p
    Someone is missing the point. The quality or popularity fame of non-CoD games listed is irrelevant. The point still stands - despite CoD's ginormous sales figures, most devs avoid the cinematic shooter genre.

And most CoD clones are flops as well. Most successful one was Medal of Honor, which sold 5 million copies total - which is as much as Modern Warfare 2 did in just 24 hours since release. Homefront sold 2.6 million copies total, which isn't too hot either considering how long it's been in development and how expensive cinematic shooters are to make. Warfighter was a complete failure, only 300k sales in the first week.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    You get to fire a rocket launcher while riding a horse. That's pretty cool.

I guess they'll abuse the future a little and find a new setting. Call of duty: Prehistoric Warfare.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I don't like CoD, I'm not terribly interested in NS2 (tho it has an interesting premise), and I'm perfectly happy with BL2.

So this is me doing a happy little tapdance of fuckery over your silly little theory.
    You traded one skinnerbox for another, congratu fuckin lations bro.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    You traded one skinnerbox for another, congratu fuckin lations bro.
    What's the appropriate MPFPS phrase for this situation?

Oh, right: "Eat a dick."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Banned
    How the hell is CoD a skinner box?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    It's actually an FPS-like (alien side doesn't really shoot much) for everyone except the two players commanding each side. And the RTS aspect is pretty unique and unlike other RTS games, so yeah- RTS-like.

I find when I'm talking, face to face, about NS2 I can't describe it in genre terms, I just have to tell them about the game.

But comparing it to COD is possible, because of the FPS-like aspects, 1 team vs. 1 team. It really doesn't have that much in common with COD though. But somehow it does seem like people who dislike COD but still enjoy FPS games will love NS2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    This just in, 11/17/2013 is one year from today.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Allegedly.

Activated Node
    Didn't they announce this a year or two ago, when they said they are planning to release a COD every year and make it so people can pay money each month to subscribe to COD and the upcoming COD platform (think Steam but only for COD and with some other features)?

Depends how you read dates; I'm quite looking forward to having at least 17 months in a year, fewer birthdays = younger me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    No one is surprised by this. The only marginally interesting thing from the article is that the next CoD is looking to be released on the next-gen systems. That means it is very likely that the new Sony and Microsoft hardware will be out in not much more than years time (not surprising either, but as close as a confirmation as we are likely to get for a few months.)
    I expect the new CoD (with a new engine) to be a launch title on whatever consoles launch next year, I'd expect the MS one for certain but feel Sony might be a late-comer again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    Depends how you read dates; I'm quite looking forward to having at least 17 months in a year, fewer birthdays = younger me.
    Obviously the cool American way that makes no sense is the correct way.

Obviously the cool American way that makes no sense is the correct way.
    Dammit, I'll miss the months of Smerch and Flobember, how close you came to being my favourite times of the year :(
    Does this mean we can't have any more than 4 seasons (climate permitting)?

Banned
    I want a month called "Rain's Hand".

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    It's actually an FPS-like etc...
    I know. I play it. I played NS1 as well. But it's still a different style to CoD and to other games. It's entirely plausible and not hypocritical to not like CoD MP and also not like NS2 MP.