Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgar View Post
    What's wrong with AssCreed ? It's one of the best series out there.
    This. ACR was crap though.

And good to see that there are people from Montreal that like AC... ;)
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    What's the appropriate MPFPS phrase for this situation?

Oh, right: "Eat a dick."
    Stop having fun!

You're destroying the industry!!

Only play games I personally approve of!!

(This is how you do it right Finicky??)

In serious land however..
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    This. ACR was crap though.

And good to see that there are people from Montreal that like AC... ;)
    I've been playing AC2 and it's alright, but massively overbloated.

Collect all 77 viewpoints, 300+ treasure boxes, 100 features, 20 statues, 6 assassin club coins, full weapon and armour sets, pointless side missions.

Once I ignored those and started playing the story it got better, but it's still very much a case of "where or what is any of this going or doing? why is that guy in the sweater such a douche?"
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 19-11-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I've been playing AC2 and it's alright, but massively overbloated.

Collect all 77 viewpoints, 300+ treasure boxes, 100 features, 20 statues, 6 assassin club coins, full weapon and armour sets, pointless side missions.

Once I ignored those and started playing the story it got better, but it's still very much a case of "where or what is any of this going or doing? why is that guy in the sweater such a douche?"
    I admit I have some degree of OCD, when I see the map full of little icons I must CATCH 'EM ALL!
    There are some great story missions, but the first one was better in that respect. The gameplay felt much better than AC1, if more railroaded. Storywise is a clusterfuck, and Brotherhood and Revelations didn't help.If you don't get the general gist of the story, those make you even more confused.
    Brotherhood has a great multiplayer, and it strikes a good balance between good and petty things.
    In Revelations the bloat comes back, with so many stupid things like no horses in-game, that Tower Defense bit and other stupid crap, but it could be largely ignored.
    I'll wait and see what AC3 turns out, but I'm expecting ME3 levels of backlash because I don't see Ubi killing off the franchise soon. At least we can pet dogs...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    I ignored all the collectables, just as I do in most games. I couldn't be arsed finding all the feathers. The game does a fairly decent job of its story though, even if it's enigmatic and falls into the LOST-style trap of answering every question with another question. But the Half Life games have been doing that since forever and the storytelling is no worse in AC2. I kind of liked <spoiler>the breaking of the 4th wall for a tiny bit at the end.</spoiler>, wasn't really expecting it at all.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    B-but... everyone already knows there'll be another COD next november! It's just the way the world works!
    it's the marketing cycle for activision for this series. it's been that way for years now.

Network Hub
    It looks like doom will get anal releases too...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I admit I have some degree of OCD, when I see the map full of little icons I must CATCH 'EM ALL!
    Me too, but that's very much the appeal of the games for me and a lot of other people. Also worth noting your map gradually fills up with icons - you collect treasure maps and feather maps as you play, which point you towards more stuff. Plus the cities are generally pretty awesome to explore, that giving you a ton of stuff to do in them seems right somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I kind of liked <spoiler>the breaking of the 4th wall for a tiny bit at the end.</spoiler>, wasn't really expecting it at all.
    It came out of nowhere. So much that Brotherhood starts up with Ezio in a total mindfuck state, "what the hell was this?". So much that he is hurt, giving an excuse to begin yet another 10h tutorial. Oh and Brotherhood's ending... I punched the air out of rage. WHYYYYY?!
    I started AC2 to get ready for AC3, played 10h and just got the second hidden blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Me too, but that's very much the appeal of the games for me and a lot of other people. Also worth noting your map gradually fills up with icons - you collect treasure maps and feather maps as you play, which point you towards more stuff. Plus the cities are generally pretty awesome to explore, that giving you a ton of stuff to do in them seems right somehow.
    The fact that I can recognize Florence and Venice on the TV from it's landmarks, and actually know what those landmarks are and things that happened there is pretty awesome. Now that Ezio doesn't have Super Drowning Skills you can freely throw yourself from some pretty high places, and that never gets old.
    Shameless plug for the Screenshot Thread: