Obscure Node

One of those things.

edit; all good now, my sincerest thanks Berzee for his awesomeness.

Hope I'm not causing a disturbance by posting this here, but I have no options.

1)
    My card got damaged and hardly works since

2)
    Withdrew some cash, ordered new card from bank, got current one cancelled

3)
    This happens: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A3F5S0O

Evidence corroborating my story.
    I wasn't gonna post this one so as not to appear like a douchebag, but oh well too late.

Could someone buy the pack for me? I will do two of these things in return on Monday or Tuesday when my shiny new card arrives, but one of those things must be the last one:
    - Buy you a game on Steam up to the value of $20 (This is, like, 100% profit, man)
    - Transfer $10 to you over PayPal
    - Send happy thoughts your way

Bonus offer:
    You can keep Red Faction Armageddon if you want it, I already have that.
    Last edited by What.; 18-11-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I'm not sure how readily people here will be to help you (you appear to have posted a few times), but if you don't find help here check out CheapAssGamers. They have a rep system for stuff like this and they'll go crazy over any opportunity to make even the slightest profit.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

See that word "douchebag"?

Am I the only one who finds it utterly vile? Don't get me wrong: I'll cuntbash any hairymudflapper who dares to accuse me of quim-based gyneosnipfrippery, but. Yuk.

And I don't mean that I'm appalled by the object itself, by the way. I just get queasy about the way it's often used as a pejorative by people who would shy away from using the straightforward 'cunt'.

To me it's a swearword that manages to be both less officially offensive (PG-13) while at the same time misogynistic in a way that 'cunt' isn't.
    Last edited by The Tupper; 18-11-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    I'm not sure how readily people here will be to help you (you appear to have posted a few times), but if you don't find help here check out CheapAssGamers. They have a rep system for stuff like this and they'll go crazy over any opportunity to make even the slightest profit.
    Just went there but the restrictions they place on new users means I won't be able to post there until the Amazon deal is over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tupper View Post

Am I the only one who finds it utterly vile? Don't get me wrong: I'll cuntbash any hairymudflapper who dares to accuse me of quim-based gyneosnipfrippery, but. Yuk.

And I don't mean that I'm appalled by the object itself, by the way. I just get queasy about the way it's often used as a pejorative by people who would shy away from using the straightforward 'cunt'.

To me it's a swearword that manages to be both less officially offensive (PG-13) while at the same time misogynistic in a way that 'cunt' isn't.
    Whatever twisted subjective inner logic led you to that conclusion I'm sure works out perfectly in your head, but yeah, nah, that is unequivocally incorrect.

Whatever twisted subjective inner logic led you to that conclusion I'm sure works out perfectly in your head, but yeah, nah, that is unequivocally incorrect.

Do you know what a douche bag is?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A bag used for cleaning.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar

Give yourself a rectal douche, and then maybe the term will seem less misogynistic to you.

I don't think "douche bag" is a particularly misogynistic term. It basically works on the same principle as using any form of bodily waste as an insult.

And, more importantly, it is a gender-neutral insult (to the point that men feel comfortable insulting women. Women rarely have any problems insulting men :p). So the usage/intent of the word itself is not inherently mysoginistic.

But, there are words that are not (necessarily) consciously used to degrade a group. For one thing, morons who watch South Park/grew up in particularly insensitive environments think it is okay to refer to people as derogatory terms for homosexual males. But those are insensitive/hate speech because of the (modern) origins of the term and the particularly hilarious/insensitive excuse of "I don't mean to mock gay people. I just use the term to mean something is stupid".
    But clearly, "douche bag" is not one of those.

So what makes it a particularly mysoginistic term?
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Are douche bags sold to men for their bottoms these days? If true, I honestly didn't know that.

Are douche bags sold to men for their bottoms these days? If true, I honestly didn't know that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enema

An enema and douching both involve shooting liquid in your no-nos to flush them out.

Enemas are an effective technique to help relieve constipation and the like.

Also, googling to remember what that term is is something that reminds me how thankful I am for incognito mode.

Obscure Node
    You can use a douche bag for irrigation of the ear canal even. It is completely gender neutral.

As informative as this is, I still really want that game pack.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    I freeballed a male rectal douching study at PubMed. Fortunately no one else uses my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enema

An enema and douching both involve shooting liquid in your no-nos to flush them out.

Enemas are an effective technique to help relieve constipation and the like.

Also, googling to remember what that term is is something that reminds me how thankful I am for incognito mode.
    I know (to my cost) what an enema is. But it's an enema. Not a douche.

Gawd - this is one of these conversations that, no doubt, everyone wishes hadn't begun. I offer heartfelt apologies to all concerned.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by What. View Post
    As informative as this is, I still really want that game pack.
    PM me your email address if you've had no luck yet -- I'll send a $10 Amazon Gift Card your way (easier than sending all the game keys, probably).

Edit: I might go to bed before you see this message, and I will probably be gone all day tomorrow so, I have PM'ed you the gift card code. I think it should work!
    Last edited by Berzee; 18-11-2012 at 05:58 AM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post
    PM me your email address if you've had no luck yet -- I'll send a $10 Amazon Gift Card your way (easier than sending all the game keys, probably).

Edit: I might go to bed before you see this message, and I will probably be gone all day tomorrow so, I have PM'ed you the gift card code. I think it should work!
    Thank you kindly dear gentleman.

I really really really appreciate it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by What. View Post
    Thank you kindly dear gentleman.

I really really really appreciate it!!!!
    My pleasure! Let me know if there are any complications.
    (Feel free to save the Red Faction Armageddon for some future worthy recipient; the collector in me kind of wants it, but once it passes into my grasp, I doubt it would ever get installed. =P Not enough wizards or sarcastic children in that game to suit my preferences. at least...i assume so).
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

If you want to spread the love forward, you could share the unwanted Red Faction to the RPS Kindness Club and try finding it a home there. :)
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

The money has landed. Thanks, Mr. What.!