Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Female definitely for Renegade stuff. I would argue female in all other stuff as well, although many believe that the male Shepard makes a decent stab at Paragon action hero stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Female by far. I honestly think if you play through the first ten minutes of each it's fairly obvious the script was written for a female lead. It just feels more right. Do be sure to make the right choice though. With ME2 you can change your class, appearance, and swing the opposite way with Paragon/Renegade, but you can't change Shep's sex if you import your character.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    You'll probably play it enough times to experience both, but Jennifer Hale really delivers for fem Shep. Nolan North does male Shep well though, simply that Hale is better.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Obscure Node
    I'm throwing in my vote for FemShep. Just beat ME2 with her as Renegade, and found I responded to her voice-acting much more then I did with Male Shepard.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    No, don't go female. You'll post on internet forums about it until the end of time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    You'll probably play it enough times to experience both, but Jennifer Hale really delivers for fem Shep. Nolan North does male Shep well though, simply that Hale is better.
    Prolific a voice actor as Nolan North is (Steven Heck in Alpha Protocol is a god), he is not the voice of Male Shepard, Mark Meer is. In fact Mass Effect is one series that Mr North hasn't work on at all (bizarre as that may seem).

Ha, you know when I was writing it I thought something was off, but yeah, it totally is Mark Meer, who is still really good.

They should have got Nathan Fillion to do some voice acting. That way picking the neutral options would've sounded genuinely interesting.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Obscure Node
    Class: Vanguard.
    Companions: Anybody but Kaidan.

If you do go Vanguard, I recommend having Garrus. He has some tech capabilities (from what I remember) and with sniper rifles and assault rifles, covers the long range element that you cannot cover. Alternatively, have Ashley, but then you'll need to make sure you have some sort of tech (ie. Garrus or Tali) so you have all grounds covered. I'm not saying you absolutely need to have all the bases covered, but it will help.

I do recommend going Vanguard. Having explosive long range unlimited firing pistols will never not be fun. Shame that didn't carry over to ME2, but still.