Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Driving in Russia ||

I just watched this video and i was amazed to see how russians drive,check it out lol

... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I don't know, how long the history can common Russia households drive their own cars?

Fairly speaking, half of the drivers in this video were not crazy, they simply lost control of their vehicles, due to poor skills of course. How they obtained their license in the first place is beyond me, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    There's a lotta vids of new drivers in mainland China doing plenty of stupid shit, tho China doesn't have the twin problems of rampant alcoholism and perennially icy/muddy road conditions.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    First time I drove a car( and also last time) was in DOSAAF school, it's something like an official pre-military driving school( free of course, but you are drafted when it's over and serve as a driver... maybe), problem is my family never had a car and I had absolutrly no driving experience. First practice day( theory course was all about rules, nothing more) I arrive and meet the guy who is supposed to teach me and another guy, we climb into Zil-131, yes, like in Flashpoint. He shows us the steering wheel, brakes and stuff, explains the basics of gearbox and drive the truck outside of the school territory right into the middle of the busy street and then says "Ok, now you drive". That was a bit too much for me. I managed to circle the school twice without causing anything serious but that was still enough to gtfo immediately and never come back. I kind of regret it now. But probably for the best since I have a pretty bad eyesight, attention problems, easily distracted and I always want to sleep.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 19-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Aside from the obvious "these idiots are speeding," there also appears to be a dearth of vehicle maintenance in that video. I've seen tires blow out and stuff fall out the backs of vehicles before, but never have I seen an entire wheel just up and fuck off.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Already posted in the Awesome YouTube thread because, well it is.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Otherwise while watching the video,it reminded me of myself,because i drive like that in GTA :(
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

Are all those cameras from police vehicles?

Awesome stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Lots of people have dashboard cams in russia. So they have evidence for insurance when stuff like that happens, or when a pedestrian jumps out in front of their car to try and claim compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    There's a lotta vids of new drivers in mainland China doing plenty of stupid shit, tho China doesn't have the twin problems of rampant alcoholism and perennially icy/muddy road conditions.
    All new drivers do stupid things. As long as the transportation department maintains proper standard in driver licensing, we will be safe on roads.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    All new drivers do stupid things.
    The point wasn't to indict Chinese driver instruction, but merely to point out that China has a lot​ of new drivers.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    The point wasn't to indict Chinese driver instruction, but merely to point out that China has a lot​ of new drivers.
    I get your point.

But do you know that Beijing was once known as a bicycle city?

We really aren't shame to admit that sedans are relatively new products for common households here.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    But do you know that Beijing was once known as a bicycle city?
    And now Beijing has the smog of three Los Angeles. And Mayor Bloomberg of New York is attempting to turn us into a bicycle city.

Irony abounds.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl