Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I registered to tell you guys you are morons.
    The idiots who don't realize that the humble bundles HAVENT ever been exclusively indie.
    The other idiot who thinks steam games don't utilize GFWL.
    The other idiots who don't realize THQ is about to go under.

trololool education.

Quote Originally Posted by taylordcraig View Post
    I registered to tell you guys you are morons.
    The idiots who don't realize that the humble bundles HAVENT ever been exclusively indie.
    The other idiot who thinks steam games don't utilize GFWL.
    The other idiots who don't realize THQ is about to go under.

trololool education.

And... the bundle is live and real. Windows-only and you must register the games to Steam.

[E]
    http://www.humblebundle.com/
    Link for the lazy ones.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 29-11-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Let the rage begin!

I was going to buy it just for the DRM free copies, but since it's only Steam keys, there's no point since I've already got everything I want from that.

I'm wondering if they're gonna add bonuses later as for previous bundles :-?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Not sure where or where the rage is from. I'm sure this doesn't _stop_ multi-platform HBs appearing. And it's crazy value for money. (SR3 is worth the price alone.)

P.

Network Hub
    Why is there still an option to send some of the money to charity? Sending it to THQ is already charity! *rimshot*

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    Not sure where or where the rage is from. I'm sure this doesn't _stop_ multi-platform HBs appearing. And it's crazy value for money. (SR3 is worth the price alone.)
    It is and if this saves THQ I hope the Humble guys will do an AMD Bundle as well :P
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    People get angry because they enjoy being angry.

I already have all of those, but I'll probably swoop in near the tail end to get all of CoH on Steam. Not necessary since I have my account with the retail keys, but completionist for 1 dollar (assuming no good bonuses)? I'm cool with that.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I was going to buy it just for the DRM free copies, but since it's only Steam keys, there's no point since I've already got everything I want from that.
    Pretty much wot I thought.

I'm also a slightly irritated. Weren't the multi-platform-ness and DRM-free-ness a big part of the humble store philosophy?

Seems that Ars Technica has wrote an article about the bundle:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/1...ds-reputation/

Personal thoughts? I don't really like it. Humble (Indie) Bundle has built its reputation on being DRM-free and cross-platform (as well as being indie with few exceptions like Psychonauts). Now none of those are present here. While they are obviously free to do as they please, I won't be buying this bundle.

Got it!
    It's a bit disappointing that all the games are bundles into one code except SR3.

And since I have it, I am willing to the trade my steam code. If any one is interested send a message...

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Seems that Ars Technica has wrote an article about the bundle:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/1...ds-reputation/

Personal thoughts? I don't really like it. Humble (Indie) Bundle has built its reputation on being DRM-free and cross-platform (as well as being indie with few exceptions like Psychonauts). Now none of those are present here. While they are obviously free to do as they please, I won't be buying this bundle.
    It good games, very cheap, I fail to see the issue regardless of the fact its being handled by Humble Bundle. You're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    It good games, very cheap, I fail to see the issue regardless of the fact its being handled by Humble Bundle. You're complaining for the sake of complaining.
    "For the sake of complainging"... well, thank you mr. psychoanalyst for analyzing my most deepest thoughts. Or maybe, just maybe, the reputation built during the last 14 bundles has made a fan of HB and I simply don't like this move?

Network Hub
    "For the sake of complainging"... well, thank you mr. psychoanalyst for analyzing my most deepest thoughts. Or maybe, just maybe, the reputation built during the last 14 bundles has made a fan of HB and I simply don't like this move?
    What move? You can still expect your future Humble Bundles to be inline with what came before, the THQ Bundle does not void this. HB never claimed to be anything but providing game bundles at a price you choose.

What move? You can still expect your future Humble Bundles to be inline with what came before, HB never claimed to be anything but providing game bundles.
    And well, what with the "DRM doesn't work ever so let's not do that".

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/The-Humble-Indie-Bundle
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/0...it-came-to-be/

Choice quotes:

"We already echoed the philosophy which should be common knowledge among mainstream developers about why DRM doesn't make sense. As our thanks for your participation in this humble bundle, your user-experience will not be inhibited by any DRM."

"[The EFF] resonates strongly with the anti-DRM message of the humble bundle and fights many good fights."

[E] Of course you could say "well that's no strict guideline", and maybe so. But the way the past bundles have worked have convinced me to become a fan of theirs. This bundle rubs the wrong way all the ways. And I think that's all there is to say.
    Last edited by Kaira-; 29-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node DevinSmoth's Avatar
    You guys sure complain a lot... THQ is a great developer and they're just trying to survive. Support them and move on.

As far as Humble Bundle is concerned... it's not like they're discontinuing their indie non-DRM bundles... they're just doing other ones on the side.

Network Hub
    And well, what with the "DRM doesn't work ever so let's not do that".

http://blog.wolfire.com/2010/05/The-Humble-Indie-Bundle
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/0...it-came-to-be/

Choice quotes:

"We already echoed the philosophy which should be common knowledge among mainstream developers about why DRM doesn't make sense. As our thanks for your participation in this humble bundle, your user-experience will not be inhibited by any DRM."

"[The EFF] resonates strongly with the anti-DRM message of the humble bundle and fights many good fights."

[E] Of course you could say "well that's no strict guideline", and maybe so. But the way the past bundles have worked have convinced me to become a fan of theirs. This bundle rubs the wrong way all the ways. And I think that's all there is to say.
    Perhaps the Humble Bundle guys should carry cost of having to distribute games to thousands (Almost 20k already), with a total of almost 50Gb.

Quote Originally Posted by DevinSmoth View Post
    THQ is a great developer and they're just trying to survive.
    It's not like Kaira doesn't have a point though.

But I'm still waiting for someone to say Humble is bailing out THQ :P

Perhaps the Humble Bundle guys should carry cost of having to distribute games to thousands (Almost 20k already), with a total of almost 50Gb.
    Good point but they could still torrent them. Maybe THQ is not OK with that.