Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Good point but they could still torrent them. Maybe THQ is not OK with that.
    They still have to have the servers to back that up. Torrenting helps spread the cost out, but you still need to be able to supply it initially and in the future (and during).

That's the thing. They need to have these downloads available in a year or two's time. And by then, all the "good samaritans" will have gone on to torrent other stuff. Putting them right back in the "Wow... that's a lot of bandwidth" camp.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    In addition to the OS and DRM considerations,

I also notice that the Pay-What-You-Want-ness of this particular bundle has also suffered greater limitation.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Berzee View Post

I also notice that the Pay-What-You-Want-ness of this particular bundle has also suffered greater limitation.
    $1 minimum was introduced a few bundles ago, due to people abusing the Steam and Desura codes I believe.

Hasn't the 1$ limit for Steam-keys been on place since... last X-mas, I think? Tho in this case since you need the Steam-keys to play it's obviously a bit more of a restriction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I find it funny how the fourth biggest contributor (at time of writing) is named "@Linuxgamers not happy".

Network Hub
    If you're German or Steam considers you German, don't bother.
    //edith: (Or pester their support, they send out keys of the butchered german version. They answered within an hour for me)

Upon trying to claim Saints Row 3rd:

"Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

Fuck this shit. The whole point of using Steam is that I don't want DRM to get in my way, and that mostly works. Having THQ going full retard on me isn't raising my mood one bit.

Too bad you can't retroactively redistribute your money. I'd set it to 100% charity now.
    Last edited by Batolemaeus; 29-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.

More than who and/or more than for what?
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    More than who and/or more than for what?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    I find it funny how the fourth biggest contributor (at time of writing) is named "@Linuxgamers not happy".
    It's just a statement of fact - it's like football fans who live in a country where Football is banned or Jugglers with no arms - people who are deliberately making life hard for themselves AND complaining about it can easily be ignored.

It's not a complex thing to grasp sure

Windows = easy option and games
    OSX = designer/pretentious option and 'artists'
    Linux = for people who are raging against everything and like doing everything the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by Batolemaeus View Post
    If you're German or Steam considers you German, don't bother.
    //edith: (Or pester their support, they send out keys of the butchered german version. They answered within an hour for me)

Upon trying to claim Saints Row 3rd:

"Sorry, but the following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase has been cancelled."

Fuck this shit. The whole point of using Steam is that I don't want DRM to get in my way, and that mostly works. Having THQ going full retard on me isn't raising my mood one bit.

Too bad you can't retroactively redistribute your money. I'd set it to 100% charity now.
    damn, considering I never had a problem with availability with any of ALL THE BUNDLES, I completely forgot about this country's weird protectiveness.

Which support did you pester?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar

They brought in the $1 min very early on, I think after the second or third bundle because people were paying 0.01c through paypal, which cost the Humble Bundle guys money.

The indie devs and the supports of those devs who are all getting their knickers in an absolute twist over this really need to calm down. Yes, Humble Bundle started as indie. Then they moved on a bit when they had that really amazing bundle with psychonauts and then they even went to music and books. Now they've made a AAA bundle.

Things evolve, they move on, allow it to happen, we get amazing things like AAA games for buttons and we can give money to charity.
    Last edited by Jesus_Phish; 29-11-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    They brought in the $1 min very early on, I think after the second or third bundle because people were paying 0.01c through paypal, which cost the Humble Bundle guys money.
    /me dons Bundle Expert hat
    It was introduced last christmas for HIB4 during the Steam sale because abusers would buy countless bundles for 1 cent to increase their chances to get free games or pieces of coal.

It's stayed that way so far with the only exception of the Botanicula Debut Bundle for which the minimum was raised to 5$.
    /me ditches hat.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    the most terrifying gif
    No but really. Are you saying that they care more about their indie cred than they do about "charity"? Or than they do about publishers not going bankrupt? Or than the Humble Bundle people care about their indie cred? Or something else again?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Simple explanation: the chief Humble Bundle guys really want Company of Heroes 2 and are worried they won't get it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They're 'indie'. They likely all have more money than THQ has right now too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant god View Post
    damn, considering I never had a problem with availability with any of ALL THE BUNDLES, I completely forgot about this country's weird protectiveness.

Which support did you pester?
    It has little to do with Germany, but with idiotic publishers like THQ or Valve censoring their own games out of superstition. The game got its usual 18+ rating and that's it. They region locked their game too, so there are different games for Germany and the rest of the world..

I contacted the Bundle support.
    Last edited by Batolemaeus; 29-11-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by byteCrunch View Post
    Perhaps the Humble Bundle guys should carry cost of having to distribute games to thousands (Almost 20k already), with a total of almost 50Gb.
    Steam keys only. The humble guys don't use any bandwidth.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Obscure Node
    This makes me sad, I don't want THQ to go down.. :/

Network Hub
    This is doing rather well, isn't it? Only a few hours in and it already made almost 1 million