Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by baby snot View Post
    NEOTOKYO only requires the SDK base (try 2007 first). If the mod only requires an SDK base then you don't need to own any Valve game. The SDKs are nominally free.

Not sure about other mods mentioned here off the top of my head. Generally speaking, you can install a Source mod, launch it and Steam will attempt to download additional files if needed (so if the mod requires props, textures or models from HL2:EP2 it will download those so long as you own it).
    thanks for the reply, I might give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    There was a short single-player mod with a prison break theme, but I don't remember its name. It had a λ in it. I quite enjoyed it, though.

Also, we shouldn't forget the Stanley Parable.
    Riot λct, I believe.
    Yeah it's pretty good, not up to the same standard as Minerva or Mission Improbable, but it's definitely worth checking out, especially when single player HL2 mods are so hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by EPICTHEFAIL View Post
    No more room in hell is fairly good, assuming that you can get it to work.
    Did they finally fix the guns being stupid-inaccurate? Last time I tried it you couldn't hit zombies with a pistol even if they where less than 3 meters in front of you.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    Half-Life 2 was originally supposed to include a chapter called Borealis, but it was cut from the game in 2002. Details still exist about what that chapter would have entailed, and Missing Information aims to recreate the old storyline. The Borealis, a ship, was to be the first location of the third day, visited during the night, and was cut when the gameís timespan was reduced from four days to three.

Network Hub
    Black Snow. These are (some of?) the guys that had been working on the conversion/mod Canvas (indefinite hiatus). I haven't completed it (due to my own incompetence). I don't think it's that long. I like that you can walk outside into a snowstorm and become disorientated if you lose sight of any of the buildings (think about the setting for John Carpenter's The Thing and you get the idea).

People still play Half-Life 2 mods? (obvioustrollisobvious)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooop View Post
    For Episode 2, but Nightmare House 2 was worth buying HLE2 alone. I'm going to make it a habit to play it every halloween.
    ^This, Nightmare House 2 is so sick its a must play!

I tried NEOTOKYO
    yesterday night. There were a grand total of two servers with players in them.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Network Hub
    Someone put Silent Hill in my Half Life 2. Silent Hill: Alchemilla. It's only a demo. It's on Source 2013 so should be good for mac and linux as well. Haven't tested it and trailer has no gameplay but I figured this didn't need it's own thread.