Purple Wednesdays are the Vanu outfit's regular weekly night out of shooting lasers and looking good.
From everything about the beta, I imagine the "bounce" rate for F2P Planetside 2 is gonna be quite high. It is at the best of times not very intuitive and at worst a confusing mess of glowing HUD icons. Simple things such as finding the (right) fight can be difficult. Solo play can feel like a bit of a meatgrinder...
Underneath, however, there's a game unlike anything else. There is nothing else out there of this scale and in this style. It's a game that provides moment-to-moment surprise and that illusive "emergent" gaming (whetever that may mean). In any case, it is never just the same old map over and over again like with other FPS games.
So; anyone new to the game is very welcome to join us on Wednesday nights. Details below:
To join Purple Wednesdays
(Wednesday nights, from 8pm GMT):1. Create / login as a Vanu Sovereignty character on the Miller server (EU)
2. Join the "Barney / Platoon 1" channel in Mumble (details here)
3. In Mumble, ask for an outfit invite (if you need one).
4. Go to the squad list menu (press "p") and select the "Outfit" checkbox in the top right.
5. Join a squad listed there.
6. Press "insert" to spawn next to the squad leader (or look on the map to find out where we are; look for the orange or yellow arrow waypoints)
Note: Insert may not move you continents. Try using the consoles at the Warpgate. Notenote: The estimated wait time is often wrong. Six minutes is more like one or two.
7. Say hi. We're a friendly lot.
8. Ask questions if you need any clarification. New players are always welcome
9. Shoot lasers. Glow slightly. Look ah-maz-ing.