Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

[VS] Purple Wednesdays Welcomes you to Auraxis (from 8pm)

Purple Wednesdays are the Vanu outfit's regular weekly night out of shooting lasers and looking good.

From everything about the beta, I imagine the "bounce" rate for F2P Planetside 2 is gonna be quite high. It is at the best of times not very intuitive and at worst a confusing mess of glowing HUD icons. Simple things such as finding the (right) fight can be difficult. Solo play can feel like a bit of a meatgrinder...

Underneath, however, there's a game unlike anything else. There is nothing else out there of this scale and in this style. It's a game that provides moment-to-moment surprise and that illusive "emergent" gaming (whetever that may mean). In any case, it is never just the same old map over and over again like with other FPS games.

So; anyone new to the game is very welcome to join us on Wednesday nights. Details below:

To join Purple Wednesdays
    (Wednesday nights, from 8pm GMT):
    1. Create / login as a Vanu Sovereignty character on the Miller server (EU)

2. Join the "Barney / Platoon 1" channel in Mumble (details here)

3. In Mumble, ask for an outfit invite (if you need one).

4. Go to the squad list menu (press "p") and select the "Outfit" checkbox in the top right.

5. Join a squad listed there.

6. Press "insert" to spawn next to the squad leader (or look on the map to find out where we are; look for the orange or yellow arrow waypoints)

Note: Insert may not move you continents. Try using the consoles at the Warpgate. Notenote: The estimated wait time is often wrong. Six minutes is more like one or two.

7. Say hi. We're a friendly lot.

8. Ask questions if you need any clarification. New players are always welcome

9. Shoot lasers. Glow slightly. Look ah-maz-ing.
    Last edited by Cooper; 25-01-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Looking forward to playing the full game now, without fear that all my progress is going to be set back!

Activated Node
    It's up on Steam now. Looks like I'll be ready to play in about an hour.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Official website is down since the counter hit zero. But the Steam version is up and working.
    the meantime you can check out the links below until we retur

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Going to try and get on at some point this week!
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

As it seems they resolved the problems, official homepage is up and running.

And just for the fun of it I found three clips I recorded by accident on our last beta purple wednesday:

http://www.vidup.de/v/kYgDf/
    http://www.vidup.de/v/nuMqW/
    http://www.vidup.de/v/jJj9Z/

(videos are deleted after 90 days of inactivity. if they are gone, they are gone)

Hoo-ah!

I'll be on tomorrow prolly
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Activated Node
    I haven't played much since mid October, but I should be able to make it for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to playing with you.

Activated Node
    I spoke too soon about tonight, after an hour of downloading the time remaining is now higher than it was when I started.

My internet connection hates me. The countdown wasn't the start of the game, it was the start of the download, then the wait, then the realisation that I'll have to go to work again before I get a chance to play...

Downloaded and installed, managed to get online just to grab my character name. Same as the beta, Tuimic.

Noticed that the Miller server was full when I was making the char, but it still let me make it, I assume that just puts you in a queue to get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Noticed that the Miller server was full when I was making the char, but it still let me make it, I assume that just puts you in a queue to get in?
    Currently the queue on Miller is either not working because bugged, being hammered by login attempts or just not working because the server is full. Either way it does not seem to let people play on Miller for the time being. Players report being over 45 minutes in queue and it still displaying position 0.

*edit*
    People report that reloging allowed them to skip the queue/enter the server after several attempts. So if someone has the "position 0" problem you might try that. Worked in beta too, I just thought they might have fixed that. Silly me...
    Last edited by bonkers; 20-11-2012 at 10:42 PM.

If queues seem absurd, re-logging may help.

I'm not utterly averse to moving the Vanu outfit to woodman. Might solve queeus, will solve dual outfit problem. Can I get a quick yay / nay from the regulars if you see this?
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

At the moment I'm on the fence, however if moving the group will result in
    A) getting to play
    B) sorting the issue with two factions
    then I see no problem with it.

I'll lose my 50 certs, but other than that it's fine with me, and I'll be creating a character for each.

Honestly I think there will be organization on both servers, since it seems likely there will be more organized PS2 players than there are spaces on Miller alone, so some non-RPS outfits will also likely shift.

Edit: Decision soon please, I don't want to rack up too many more certs on a character I'm going to delete .

Obscure Node
    Was quite looking forward to getting this installed, it being my day off and all, but i'm unfortunately European and the .eu fourms seem to be full of people stuck in the same postion as me. Simply cannot get past the EULA without the launcher crashing.

Kinda amazed i haven't seen word one about this anywhere on RPS, To any fellow Europeans did you install thru steam (which supposedly is the US version by way of one .ini line) or actually manage to get it through the .eu site?

And sorry for stinking up your thread seemed like a good place to find some EU players (who can actually start the game) to question

Quote Originally Posted by MrStones View Post
    Was quite looking forward to getting this installed, it being my day off and all, but i'm unfortunately European and the .eu fourms seem to be full of people stuck in the same postion as me. Simply cannot get past the EULA without the launcher crashing.

Kinda amazed i haven't seen word one about this anywhere on RPS, To any fellow Europeans did you install thru steam (which supposedly is the US version by way of one .ini line) or actually manage to get it through the .eu site?

And sorry for stinking up your thread seemed like a good place to find some EU players (who can actually start the game) to question
    From what I understand of it (there's more people talking about this in another PS2 thread on here), anyone who had a beta account is fine.

Anyone who makes an account from today, cannot use the Steam installer because it is giving out the NA restricted version of PS2. You need to go to the .eu site and download the installer from there. You also need to make your account on the .eu domain, I believe through ProSieben.

They've stated before that it doesn't matter who your account is managed by, you'll all play on the same servers.

IMO, ditch steam, create your station account at www.planetside2.com (or www.planetside2.eu if applicable, though I used .com just fine), and then get the launcher download from there.
    That's how we did it in the beta, and I re-downloaded it via the launcher after it went live, with no issues.

I even handed out my game directory post-launch to a friend and he was able to re-use it to play the game after just a quick verify via the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by arthur5863 View Post
    IMO, ditch steam, create your station account at www.planetside2.com, and then get the launcher download from there.
    That's how we did it in the beta, and I re-downloaded it via the launcher after it went live, with no issues.

I even handed out my game directory post-launch to a friend and he was able to re-use it to play the game after just a quick verify via the launcher.
    Unfortunately, the laucnher from planetside2.com doesn't work with ProSieben accounts.

If you were not in the beta and are in the EU, you -have- to ahve a ProSieben account.

I was wary of SOE continuing to use PS. Seems like that was justified...
    Last edited by Cooper; 21-11-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Obscure Node
    Cheers for the info guys, as is always the way i did see the other thread but only after posting here. Unfortunately it seems i won't be downloading this anytime soon, "ProSiebian account" is required for "ProSiebian Launcher" which will crash the moment you accept the EULA.

Oh well looks like i'm getting my jetpack-fix on Tribes instead