Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Really looking forward to getting my squad beacon. I'm much better at bossing people about than shooting people.
    That's good to hear, seeing as there is a distinct lack of people bossing other people around. I was the only one that was willing to take leadership today, and many people seem a bit shy regarding being in charge, which results in passivenes and a bit much democracy for this type of game.

I noticed that this evening as well, as we were a bit without direction. It would help if we had a set list of people with squad certs and that generally would like leading.

I like leading, but I prefer to be a squad leader rather then leader of the whole thing, as I'm not too strategically inclined. I like tactics in a smaller space (say a base) and can do that quite well, so I'd love to sign up for squad leader duty.

Can we get a list going with people certing for leadership and that are willing to lead, so these people could have some rank in-game so it's a bit easier to organize on the fly? Basically a rank for platoon leader and one for squad leader. With that it would be easy to tell if there's a leader type person online, and you have an organized group at any time.

I'd also like to propose some more organization on the mumble. Like squads are in squad rooms and there's ACL linked channels for platoon leader and squad leaders. Can get a bit messy when you're like two people in a lib trying to communicate and the entire platoon is shouting.

Ignore this, better to take it in the other thread.
    Last edited by RIDEBIRD; 30-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I had a great time yesterday as part of the Flying Rats under the lead of Stavros. A unit made up of mostly LA, one or two Infs, an engi and a medic whose main goals where to shut down generators and then just cause a mess after.

Hi,

I can't get my microphone working. How do I get an invite to the Outfit

Could we add a few additions to the first post perhaps? Seeing as the game pretty much tells you absolutely nothing, a few common questions occur.

People generally always ask the following:
    What continent are you on?
    Can I get a squad invite?

To get invited and play with us, press O to bring up the social screen. Go into Squads, tick the box in the upper right corner where it says Outfit, and there should be a RPS squad there - usually named Giraffes. If that is full, ask on Mumble for the platoon leader to move people to other squads. There is currently no way of joining the platoon directly, as you must join Alpha squad.

Then, check your map. In the upper left you can see what continent we're on. Check the map for each continent and look for us. We'll be little green, brown and purple hexagons with numbers in them somewhere. Should be easy to see. If you're on another continent, look for a holographic globe in the HUD. Should be close to you, as it's in the building you first spawn in when you create your character. It's in the warpgate on any continent.

When you have warped to the correct continent, press Insert to deploy near your leader. Follow orders on Mumble and shoot lasers.

Obscure Node
    Can someone send me an invite or tell me who I should talk to ingame? Mic ain't working at the moment. My handle is Orbbz.

Friend me and I'll invite you when I'm on. People that might be currently on you could talk to: QuantaCat, LysanderA, CH1LL1E

Obscure Node
    Ah awesome, I'll do that.

Had fun playing tonight. Not entirely sure what was going on, but was good fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pilot13 View Post
    Had fun playing tonight. Not entirely sure what was going on, but was good fun anyway.
    Tonight was strategic giraffe night, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Stuff
    Done

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Could we add a few additions to the first post perhaps? Seeing as the game pretty much tells you absolutely nothing, a few common questions occur.

People generally always ask the following:
    What continent are you on?
    Can I get a squad invite?

To get invited and play with us, press O to bring up the social screen. Go into Squads, tick the box in the upper right corner where it says Outfit, and there should be a RPS squad there - usually named Giraffes. If that is full, ask on Mumble for the platoon leader to move people to other squads. There is currently no way of joining the platoon directly, as you must join Alpha squad.

Then, check your map. In the upper left you can see what continent we're on. Check the map for each continent and look for us. We'll be little green, brown and purple hexagons with numbers in them somewhere. Should be easy to see. If you're on another continent, look for a holographic globe in the HUD. Should be close to you, as it's in the building you first spawn in when you create your character. It's in the warpgate on any continent.

When you have warped to the correct continent, press Insert to deploy near your leader. Follow orders on Mumble and shoot lasers.
    Good advice RIDE, I'll just quickly add the way I meet up with the squad.

So after logging in I join the squad/platoon as explained above. Then go to the map and click the green "Squad Leader" button in the bottom left hand corner. So instead of searching through each continent for members of our platoon the map will instead zoom straight to where your squad leader is. You can then either quick deploy to them with the button that then appears, or alternatively use the console in the warpgate as explained by RIDEBIRD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Maybe add that the deploy to squad leader does not work if the continent is full. You then have to use the console at the back of the warpgate.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Tonight was strategic giraffe night, though.
    Oh right, thought I was in the right thread. Whoops.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Maybe add that the deploy to squad leader does not work if the continent is full. You then have to use the console at the back of the warpgate.
    Also that the last three times I've been put in a queue to warp to a full continent, I've been given a wait time of about six minutes, but only had to wait about one. You're free to play on your current continent in the meantime either way, and can warp instantly when you're at the front of the queue (the game will notify you).

Unrelatedly, I namedropped the vanu giraffes on that TR video feed from the other night (the one cooper was mouthing off on when we were defending Quartz Ridge), and they've replied asking who the giraffes are, as they'd like to do features on other Planetside outfits. What should I tell them, or should I just quietly graze some very high leaves and hope they make the usual mistake?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Unrelatedly, I namedropped the vanu giraffes on that TR video feed from the other night (the one cooper was mouthing off on when we were defending Quartz Ridge), and they've replied asking who the giraffes are, as they'd like to do features on other Planetside outfits. What should I tell them, or should I just quietly graze some very high leaves and hope they make the usual mistake?
    Did anything come out of this, by the way?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Well no, because nobody replied.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    I like the idea of them doing features on other outfits that aren't in their faction. Presumably they'll come to our house, do a nice photoshoot with soft focus lens and ask us questions about our love life and if we've been keeping up with breaking bad.

i say lets bite. It's not like we're the numpties broadcasting the location of our sunderers in realtime, I'm not worried about being at a tactical disadvantage to these space cadets.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Well no, because nobody replied.
    Yeah. I was hoping to blow some life into it by mentioning it again.

I also think we should go for it, see where it ends up leading us.