Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Promoting the RPS Giraffes... I'm on board with that.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah. I was hoping to blow some life into it by mentioning it again.

I also think we should go for it, see where it ends up leading us.
    Missed original post. Thanks sinisteragent: Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yesterdays romp around Amerish was really awesome btw, I think we split the platoons pretty perfectly. We had like 20-30 people in the first platoon and 20'ish in the second? Enough people to do put up a fight and still keep good teamwork. That fight against LSD at the NC Tech-plant was pretty awesome.

Tried to record some of the action with the ingame recorder, uploaded the videos of cooper flying a galaxy, transporting a magrider.

Obscure Node
    The flying magrider was epic !! Do you have the link to the video ?

Quote Originally Posted by fafafou View Post
    The flying magrider was epic !! Do you have the link to the video ?
    It's at the bottom of the 'Oh Dear: Purple Giraffes - The Film' thread. (:
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Hey guys, I know tonight (saturday night - sunday morning) wasnt a purple weds, but it was run pretty much like one, so rather than start a new thread, I thought id post this here!

For those that werent there, when I joined, i believe eclectic was leading the platoon, doing a good job. Part way through the night nick took over for what I believe was his first shot at platoon lead, though I might be mistaken. Finally, at around midnight, I took over till about quarter to 3 with what remained of us, which was actually close to 2 squads full.

I just wanted to say thanks to those roughly 2 squads of people who I had the fortune of platoon leading at the end of the night! Good job on the double xp continent lock! Im glad that you were all so kind about my lead, in what I had assumed would be an absolute abominable mess.

So thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    If you refer to the mad assault and desperate defence of Arroyo Torre yesterday evening, that was my harebrained scheme. Thanks for everyone who put up with the madness! (I realise Esoteric and Eclectic are pretty similar...)

i hope Nick managed to sort out the hairy situation I left you guys and girls in.

Glad to hear the 'raffles Made of Awesome kept the fight up all the way to a continent lock!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Yeah sorry, I know Eclectic was leading when I arrived technically, but I dragged him away for a bit of flight practice didnt I, so you were leading when I got back into the main bunch!

Yeah, Nick didnt do too badly either, though he left us at 12, at which point I took over! Exciting baloon leader baby steps!

I was pretty pleased to be leading whilst we got a continent lock actually, even though we had like 50% vanu by the end or something. We started out by going north west from indar excavation where nick left us, and then pushed round getting the small bases around suarva before taking it.. Sadly, we lost it, before then taking it back again the same way! haha.

We then moved south east to beat NC back to warp, at which point the main vanu zerg had made sure TR were gone!

Pretty good night actually, so thanks guys!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, cheers all round to the BLs.

Fighting around the zerg sometimes seems to work really well, both times we were capping around Suarva I got the impression there was a bigger fight going on there, which without our support wouldn't have gone anywhere.

I thought it might be nice seeing as this is the likely place for newcomers to find out about the outfit to do a quick Dictionary of Planetside / Outfit terminology for new people. I had to tell someone in the middle of an attack what 'the horizontal' was and it started me thinking that in the last couple of months we've built up a fair list of shorthand that isn't always obvious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Squad: The little list of people next to your map, the top name is the "Beacon Leader" or SL - listen to the man! The colour (Green for Alpha, Orange/Brown for Bravo, Purple for Charlie and Orange/Yellow for delta) is the same on maps, lists of names etc.

Platoon: The whole unit, lead by a Baloon Leader, commonly called "Our Glorious Leader" He is indicated by a star in the platoon screen. Listen to the man - this role will be reassigned as they burn out, listen to the chorus of volunteers!

Beacon: A purple ray of light into the sky placed by the beacon leader in an open and exposed location that allows his squad to drop pod into the area.

Waypoint/Marker: Large Orangey(Platoon) or Green(Squad) pillar of light in the sky, indicates the target for your squad and the Platoon. Often out of date, if it seems wildly out of place do ask someone.

Sundy (with spawner)/Battlebus/[player]bus: an Upgraded Sunderer which when deployed allows players to spawn on it. non-upgraded ones are not worth pulling.

Deploying a sundy: parking miles from anywhere helpful and opening up your sides, making you a massive air target for everything for miles around.

Horizontal and Vertical Jenny: Two of Grible's exs. These are the two generators in larger facilities that keep the shields up around the core of the base. Stand next to them and hold E a circle not unlike the hacking icon will appear, hold until full, woo free XP. Marked on the map as little shields with lines in them.

Hacking: Something Infiltrators do when standing next to enemy terminals which have not been blown up by XP hungry friendlies. Hold E.

Giraffes: Us, the platoon is nearly always called something giraffe related.

MaxRush: Getting a bunch of people classed as Maxs and supporting engies and medics to assault an enemy position. Death will ensue.

Burster: A max roled for AA

Zerg: The near mindless mob of non outfit players roaming the map hunting for easy captures or endless fights.

Warpgate: Where you spawn first. A safe place to spawn things. Unless-

Flipper: An idiot turning planes over in the warpgate for griefing purposes.

Satellite: Most large bases have them they get called by their direction from the main base they belong to, some have names, no one cares. The often have spawns in them and are captured by the non lettered point indicated by a box with an arrow in it.

Airtower: a large tower with landing pads. The centre piece of some bases and satellites to others.

Basement, Garage, Hanger: the open area under air towers and techplants containing the tank spawns.

Galdrop - taking a squad in a large airplane and kicking them out over a target - sometimes with warning.

Sauron: The best AT gun for Magriders (not it's real name)

Mozzie: Any enemy air you don't have time to properly name - it probably is a Mosquito anyhow.

Capping: the act of actually capturing a base

Back-Capping: going round behind an advance and capturing bases behind it.

Do contribute people - serious or not.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Flash: Super hero quad-bike, able to carry both a radar and grenade-launcher. Able to climb stairs. Generally a hilarious deathtrap but sometimes a really effective weapons platform against infantry.

Amp-station: Big base, usually with a wall around it. Mostly useless benefit in owning one, but can create really awesome battles across the walls and towers if the defenders are determined to hold it.

Bio-lab: Meatball on legs, throw people inside to be ground up and added to the meatball.

Tech-lab: Another big base, this one often do not have walls but might have gated sattelites to keep enemy armor from entering the base area. Provides access to MBT(Main Battle Tank) in any connected area with a tank terminal. Vital to be able to keep a strong ground force.

Farming: Cutting and culling the trees on Amerish to provide a better crop... Or the act of not capping a base or destroying a Sunderer so you can keep killing the people spawning there. Often done with Liberators or tanks. Generally a shitty thing to have happen to you. Spawn somewhere else.

Lock ons: Often infantry using the NS Annihilator bazooka, it is capable of locking onto both air and ground targets over long distances (500m'ish) which lets a group of people take out tanks, liberators, fighters before they even show up to their target.

Certs: Certificate points, essentially skill points gained by killing people/doing objectives. Used to unlock addons to weapons, classes, vehicles as well as brand new weapons for classes and vehicles.

SC: Station Cash, "real" money used to buy new weapons for classes and vehicles.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    SCU: Spawn Control Unit. In major facilities, if compromised and lost, prevents the defenders from spawning there. It is protected by a yellow force shield, which is controlled by the SCU Jenny. In an Amp Station, the SCU Jenny is on the same level as the cap point, and the SCU is in the basement. In a Tech Lab the SCU Jenny is located in the balcony overlooking the cap point, and the SCU is located in the ground floor of the building across the Spawn Room. In a Bio Lab the SCU Jenny is located in the ground floor the 2-story building in the SE corner, and the SCU is in the center of the facility, just across the Spawn Room.

Transporter: Looks like a Spawn Tube, but without the translucent shield. Allows instant transportation across distances, usually between a satellite and a main facility. In the minimap it appears as a cylinder with two arrows. Especially useful when attacking a bio lab. IMPORTANT: When attacking a biolab and the order is "Rally/meet at the transporter room", DO NOT ENTER the transporter until the order is given.

Mag (aka Magmower, Swagrider): Magrider, the Vanu MBT, known mainly for floating gracefully and mowing down friendlies as well as enemies. Always look both ways when crossing a road, although a Magrider may and will appear out of nowhere. Do not stand near one, be very mindful when trying to repair one. Depending on the nationality and accent, "Spawning mags" may be confused with "Spawning MAX"

Lib: Liberator, 3-seated airplane used in agriculture, ie farming. Usually with a Zepher (anti-infantry) or Dalton (anti-vehicle) main gun

ScatMax: The prominent NC fetish. MAXs equipped with Scattercannons. Usually found in Bio-labs. Handle from distance or you'll understand the aforementioned meatball metaphor all too well.

Tee-Ah: An enemy wearing red, deserves to be shot in the head.

Ensy: Some guys in blue who occasionally turn up, don't worry too much about them, but shoot them anyway just to make sure.

Three-way: Not quite as much sex as you would expect. Sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Point/objective/cap: The actual cap point, like A or B. Please make sure you know the difference between this and beacon or marker/waypoint.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Lib: Liberator, 3-seated airplane used in agriculture, ie farming. Usually with a Zepher (anti-infantry) or Dalton (anti-vehicle) main gun
    Dalton will occasionally be referred to as a 'Timothy Dalton' too.

Good idea Grible!